Need new kicks for 2021 - what do you prefer?

jmix18

I'm just happy to be here.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Today is likely to be my last walking round of 2021 and my current :footjoy:'s are ready to be trashed. I was thinking about picking up a pair of the :nike: Air Zoom Infinity Tour shoes by Brooks Koepka but thought I'd throw it out to you and see what you would recommend.

I normally play 3-4 times per week and would rather walk than ride. Comfort, traction, and waterproof are needed.

What say you? What are your go-to's? What has been your best pair?

Today is likely to be my last walking round of 2021 and my current :footjoy:'s are ready to be trashed. I was thinking about picking up a pair of the :nike: Air Zoom Infinity Tour shoes by Brooks Koepka but thought I'd throw it out to you and see what you would recommend.

I normally play 3-4 times per week and would rather walk than ride. Comfort, traction, and waterproof are needed.

Love the Air Zoom Infinity Tours! Super comfortable and so much traction! Keep in mind they run about a half size small and some members here weren’t the biggest fan. There is a thread on them if you want to learn more. I would grab it for you but I’m on mobile right now.

Puma Ignite PWRADAPT Caged would be another option. I only have the NXT Ignites which are spikeless and they say waterproof but that’s a generous label. The caged though look like they are actually waterproof and have actual spikes. Puma shoes get glowing reviews here so I don’t doubt the Caged are awesome

If you don’t mind spikeless though, Adidas CodeChaos shoes are someof the most comfortable I’ve ever worn. They have great traction and are waterproof as well.

I like spikes. so I would go with the Nike react infinity. As they are spiked (although not replaceable) and very comfortable.

I am a big True Linkswear fan. The new True Knit II shoes are waterproof as are their leather offerings. I wear the TL-01 shoes quite often and I always walk. Waterproof leather, very lightweight and very good traction.

If I were to choose only one shoe it would be the puma pwradapt caged. Comfort, grip, waterproof. Not my favorite visually but the other aspects are too good to ignore.

Step One: Go buy a great supportive insole so you can walk all of that golf. The insoles that comes with the shoes are usually bad.
Step two. Puma or Adidas

True Linkswear fan here as well. I had my right big toe joint replaced and for all of last year their Outsiders were the most comfortable to wear..roomy toebox, quality leather..I now own the Lux Knits in gray and they are the most comfortable, supportive and waterproof warm weather golf kicks I've ever owned..
I am a big True Linkswear fan. The new True Knit II shoes are waterproof as are their leather offerings. I wear the TL-01 shoes quite often and I always walk. Waterproof leather, very lightweight and very good traction.

I've rotated between Puma Ignite NXT and Pwradapt Caged. Huge fan of both of those. Stylish, comfortable, and supportive of everything I need a golf shoe to do for me.

I'll also say don't sleep on Cuater. Likely my next pair will be from them, after wearing their Daily causal shoe for the last month.

Adidas CodeChaos. They are spikeless but I find the traction to be more than adequate. Waterproof as long as you don't submerge the upper in water up to the laces as far as I can tell. All my other golf shoes are either sitting unused or saved for the mud rounds.

Adidas Tour 360 XT all the way. I have two pairs and I love them. By far the best shoes I have worn.

I'm a huge fan of the Puma Prodapts and now have 3 pairs in different colors. Quality shoe that will last a long time and required no breaking in period for me. Amazon has them in a couple colors including white for $139.95

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 11.30.52 AM.png

I’ve had plenty of shoes in the past, and all gave been good. But my current Adidas Code Chaos shoes are on another level. I’m a huge fan of the boost soles. They look great too which is always a bonus.

FJ tour x are the cats meow

I buy a waterproof comfy pair of spikeless one year and the next I buy a comfy pair of spiked and repeat. 2021 is my spiked replacement year and I too am looking at those Nike Infinity Zoom Tour. I really like the way they did the spike on the heel. They look very comfy too.

This is the colorway I really like of what is out now:

airzoominfinitytourwhitebluevolt1.jpg

I was VERY excited to get Nike's in last year after having the tour premieres as my mainstay, but the ones I picked were crazy narrow.

Ended up buying a pair of Adidas Codechaos from my course and haven't put them in play yet, but they feel super comfy.

Go get some Nike 270 golf shoes and thank me later

Ecco Street Retro is my go to for spikeless. They are the most comfortable shoes I own period.
I have 2 pair of the Bio Hybrid or something like that...But the one pair I can not kill...I have worn them like 300 rounds, and 250 of those walking. I was going to toss them when my wife was complaining I needed to clen up my box in closet which had my old shoe polish stuff...Not working I just don't do that anymore. So I took the mink oil and shined the Ecco's and heck they looked pretty good.

Another True Linkswear fan here. I wear the Original and OG Feel - both lightweight, super comfortable and plenty of traction for me. Most comfortable golf shoes I've ever worn.

I buy a waterproof comfy pair of spikeless one year and the next I buy a comfy pair of spiked and repeat. 2021 is my spiked replacement year and I too am looking at those Nike Infinity Zoom Tour. I really like the way they did the spike on the heel. They look very comfy too.

This is the colorway I really like of what is out now:

airzoominfinitytourwhitebluevolt1.jpg

Those look sweet. May look into them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back