Need recommendations for a 3-4 wood with a deep face for the tee...

Knockdown

Reaction score
Handicap
As the title states guys, currently gaming a g400 3 wood and I love it but it’s so low profile I just hit it off the deck even from the tee box. I don’t find myself hitting it very often from the fairway and no way I’ll hit it from the rough with that shallow face. I want something I can tee up and smoke on shorter par4’s or tight holes. 13-18* range and I’m not really partial to any brand. As most of you have the same sickness I do here, I’ve been through them all! Gimme what you got!

Thx,

Knockdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland’s new fairway has a DEEP face, the Tour Edge TEE CBX is pretty deep as well if you want more on the players end of the spectrum.

Before I got this g400 stuff I always played titleist drivers and fw’s. Much easier to work but the ping is a straight ball launcher. I recently moved to the country so my ability to practice is quite diminished, a little more forgiveness is welcome these days.

I’ll check out the Cleveland and the CEE, thx for the recommendations.

CB Pro F2

X2 hot deep should be pretty cheap now.

As the title states guys, currently gaming a g400 3 wood and I love it but it’s so low profile I just hit it off the deck even from the tee box. I don’t find myself hitting it very often from the fairway and no way I’ll hit it from the rough with that shallow face. I want something I can tee up and smoke on shorter par4’s or tight holes. 13-18* range and I’m not really partial to any brand. As most of you have the same sickness I do here, I’ve been through them all! Gimme what you got!

Thx,

Knockdown

What shaft are you playing now? I have a head that should be right up your alley. If I have a shaft I can put in it that'll work for you, I might be willing to hook you up.

I’m playing the ping tour shaft in stiff currently.

What shaft are you playing now? I have a head that should be right up your alley. If I have a shaft I can put in it that'll work for you, I might be willing to hook you up.

I’m currently playing the ping tour shaft in stiff and I believe it’s 75g or so.

I’m currently playing the ping tour shaft in stiff and I believe it’s 75g or so.

In my bag I have a mix of stiff shafts and regular flex shafts, with my SS(around 98 mph driver)I can easily play both...if I want a club to launch higher I put a regular flex in it and if I want a lower trajectory I use a stiff.

Back