Nelly Korda swing

A passive release has never computed in my golf brain. It’s natural for me to actively rotate/release forearm/wrist/hand through impact. Nelly’s release is the type that I was taught and have hit a zillion balls to ingrain. As I stated in the original post, I could (and probably will) spend hours watching that OP swing. 😀

Not sure whether a Drive-Hold release is passive post impact as both the lead arm/club have to rotate together . The only difference is that there isn't much independent forearm rotation happening (post impact). The whole lead arm is still rotating enough to keep the clubface square to the curved club path post impact for a few inches (like a flat backhand tennis stroke- Jimmy Connors like)

Not sure whether a Drive-Hold release is passive post impact as both the lead arm/club have to rotate together . The only difference is that there isn't much independent forearm rotation happening (post impact). The whole lead arm is still rotating enough to keep the clubface square to the curved club path post impact for a few inches (like a flat backhand tennis stroke- Jimmy Connors like)

Gosh, and I am sufficiently senior to see he and McEnroe battle each other live... yes, the release is post impact.

Gosh, and I am sufficiently senior to see he and McEnroe battle each other live... yes, the release is post impact.

Yes but is it passive or active post impact? I would have thought both release actions are active post impact (ie. an actual intent to do one or the other).

Yes but is it passive or active post impact? I would have thought both release actions are active post impact (ie. an actual intent to do one or the other).

I believe it is active post impact. Coming down to parallel during the downswing, I want the wrists in a certain position - like Nelly's (clubhead slightly closed) - and I am swinging left. After initial impact is the full release.

Last edited:
Beautiful swing>>>ruined by joggers with a drawstring.

ReSpEcT gOlF

Drawstring makes it very easy to see the hips clear.

Drawstring makes it very easy to see the hips clear.
Fallen for the fraud of modern golf instruction. The only true teacher was an obscure Australian from 30 years ago that just wants you to swing your DOMINANT HANDS and your body will do what it knows to do because neuroscientists 50 years ago discovered it.

Looking forward to more updates from our resident Fashionista.
I wish somebody made draw string joggers for 265lb men, because I would wear the hell out of them. Comfy as hell. I have no problem with her outfit, many others on this forum do though.

I wish somebody made draw string joggers for 265lb men, because I would wear the hell out of them. Comfy as hell. I have no problem with her outfit, many others on this forum do though.

I like her outfit. o_O

:ROFLMAO: She's at the range. It's the new casual in golf.:cool:

As a larger man, I am 100% onboard with drawstrings replacing belts!
Golf made gains in popularity in 2020 after a number of years of declining popularity, especially among women.

No offence, but afraid the vision of 256 pound golfers wearing LULULEMON
will be enough to cause seismic shift in popularity of golf.

Golf made gains in popularity in 2020 after a number of years of declining popularity, especially among women.

No offence, but afraid the vision of 256 pound golfers wearing LULULEMON
will be enough to cause seismic shift in popularity of golf.
This thread is intended to be about Nelly Korda’s swing. Thanks.

Being #1 in the world, she can wear what she wants to at the range. That is just a fabulous swing and got her where she is today.

Being #1 in the world, she can wear what she wants to at the range. That is just a fabulous swing and got her where she is today.

this is an accurate statement. tiger wore mock turtlenecks and blade collars, so i guess nelly can wear her post-thanksgiving dinner sweats.

this is an accurate statement. tiger wore mock turtlenecks and blade collars, so i guess nelly can wear her post-thanksgiving dinner sweats.

Korda not only has a classic golf swing, but impeccable taste.
$2,000 designer pants are hardly thanksgiving dinner sweats.

Sometimes, I'm glad that I don't have a SO. I'd get a sarcastic comment from my Nelly views. :cool:

Last one ... This one is in English and too long.:rolleyes:

When you see Nelly's left shoulder touch her chin in BS, you know she protracts that left scapula.
Width personified especially when you consider she has such a beautiful long neck.

How about driver off the deck from Jessica Korda?!

More Nelly Korda swing ... swoon :love:

Watching this on a loop is good for your soul, your rhythm and tempo, and your overall golf swing.

For me, it's like the old Cybervision videos with Al Geiberger. No telling how many hours I spent watching those, usually until I fell asleep at night. Watching Nelly's swing has the same positive effect.

I'm not sure how you look at a swing like that and not believe the lower body helps generate at least some power.

Back