Netflix Password Sharing Crackdown

I get it. I wonder if there are more homes using someone's password than there are actual households subscribed.

They are also talking about moving away from dropping all episodes at 1 time and extending it like other streaming services.

Someone better tell Lil Dicky :confused:

1664307649705.gif

I can understand the password sharing thing, but another price increase? We've just had two within the last few months. And their content simply isn't getting any better. Bunch of shows we do watch say "It's official: New season coming" (or whatever), but never seem to actually arrive.

We've had Netflix longer than any other streaming service. Those days might be numbered.

Quality, not quantity! The new original content hasn’t exactly been stellar in the last year or so.
I agree with you 100% but a lot of people lose focus on the fact that these content wars between the platforms is, in fact, about quantity. More quantity equals a larger demographic - for every one fan of the obscure dark comedy, there's a thousand stay-at-homers who watch **** like "Is It Cake?"

This is one of the reasons I tend to stick to feature films.

I have really enjoyed the content that Netflix provides for a long time, although there's some nonsense on there that is flat out obnoxious (like the cake show that would barely qualify as a YouTube video series).

What I'm most curious about is when people finally get fed up with ALL of the services we pay for. Paramount+, Disney+, Amazon Prime, AppleTV, Hulu, Netflix, HBO, Showtime, etc etc etc - I like that hulu/Disney/ESPN+ came together for a charge, but we can't just keep stacking.

It seems as though there are plenty of options to choose from. Not just the main streaming services but a host of other apps that offer plenty of content with commercials. I could easily live without netflix. As it is it’s my wife/myself and daughter/son in law Only.

I have really enjoyed the content that Netflix provides for a long time, although there's some nonsense on there that is flat out obnoxious (like the cake show that would barely qualify as a YouTube video series).

What I'm most curious about is when people finally get fed up with ALL of the services we pay for. Paramount+, Disney+, Amazon Prime, AppleTV, Hulu, Netflix, HBO, Showtime, etc etc etc - I like that hulu/Disney/ESPN+ came together for a charge, but we can't just keep stacking.
I've long joked that all of these streamers are just a long con to get people back to cable. Something will change.

I've long joked that all of these streamers are just a long con to get people back to cable. Something will change.
the sad part, is that after a few years without cable, my wife and I just about lost our minds trying to get through a football game let alone a TV show because of the commercials.

I can't imagine willingly going back to cable with awful commercials every 10 minutes.

the sad part, is that after a few years without cable, my wife and I just about lost our minds trying to get through a football game let alone a TV show because of the commercials.

I can't imagine willingly going back to cable with awful commercials every 10 minutes.
100% agree. It's painful, and we're not alone on that front (aside from a few guys in the LIV thread who need commercial breaks to pee.) Really makes you wonder what will be the next big thing

So for those agitated by a company protecting their product... do you stop shopping at a grocery store that won't let you steal?

So for those agitated by a company protecting their product... do you stop shopping at a grocery store that won't let you steal?
In this analogy, wouldn't these be the people with unlocked firesticks and etc?

I get the argument, but it's a bit heavier than having someone's password.

I’m about done with Netflix. Content isnt great and in a situation like mine with kids living at multiple places I have no idea how that would work. Sounds like it won’t. So dumb

I’m about done with Netflix. Content isnt great and in a situation like mine with kids living at multiple places I have no idea how that would work. Sounds like it won’t. So dumb
Ohhh that's an interesting one... If a kid is off at college as an example, can they no longer be on their family account?

hahaha that's so dumb. Just limit the amount of concurrent viewers and you're fine.

Ohhh that's an interesting one... If a kid is off at college as an example, can they no longer be on their family account?

hahaha that's so dumb. Just limit the amount of concurrent viewers and you're fine.
They already do that don’t they? I have a family plan and pay for 4 viewers, they expect them all to be in the same place? What about mobile devices? Makes no sense

Clearly all you people are not watching The Circle.

In this analogy, wouldn't these be the people with unlocked firesticks and etc?

I get the argument, but it's a bit heavier than having someone's password.
Is it though? Netflix's product is their content. You get access to the content by paying a fee, and agreeing to the terms of use. The terms of use have always limited the sharing of passwords between locations. They just haven't found a way to truly manage that on their end. Now that they have, and they intend to charge people for the extra access, folks are bothered...

I would guess they know who is yours and who is not. They probably know all the devices tied to your phone plan for one. GPS monitoring with other devices from phones can tie the rest together for them.

Probably long over due. The only reason we still have it is because both our parents use our account. We used to use their Amazon or Hulu, but do our own now so no real reason to keep it for us. I rarely watch anything on Netflix any longer honestly so we'll probably cancel once they start doing that

I am close to canceling a number of streaming services. This will be the first after we watch Cobra Kai 5

Back