Never Compromise Connoisseur Putters

thanks guys!!! I can not believe it matches so well. I mean...this looks so sexy!!! A few rolls in the office and I am loving how it feels.

I have a funny feeling I am going to roll a lot of putts right handed at media day.

I have a funny feeling I am going to roll a lot of putts right handed at media day.
fine by me. I will be as well

The Never Compromise Connoisseur Culebra.

Simple on the top line, yet stunning around the edges. An intriguing mix with a surprisingly solid feel on contact. I plan to wine and dine tonight, but got a couple photos before I break it in.

I opted for this style because it was the best contact and best rolling of all the putters I was able to try. This is my first run with a putter of this style (the angled, raised bumpers) and I am simply shocked at how well the rectangular topline lines up square to the ball. It was the first thing I noticed.

The milling is great.

20130702_154258.jpg

It's a shorter slant neck, which works much better for me than a plumbers neck.

20130702_154403.jpg

The etchings on the sole of the putter are great looking. While they didn't include much in terms of putter definitions, they added the forged 303 info and went a very 'connoisseur' route with the rest.

20130702_154534.jpg

The badge is pretty impressive. A nice touch, which matches the side of the headcover well.

20130702_154503.jpg

I went with an Iomic midsize in sky blue to match the putter fill. It looks fantastic.

20130702_154420.jpg

Looks great dan. kind of familiar

Looks good Dan!

Cool

Bra

Love the new flatsticks coming in one t and dan

Those are some really sexy putters!!

Looks good Dan i dunno if it would fit my stroke but i sure like the looks.

Beautiful Jarret and Dan. Such class and classic putters!

We clearly have the greatest taste ever in grip selection haha! Yours came out fantastic as well. The blue highlights on the Connoisseur win.
I cant believe how awesome the grip looks with it.

Those are sexy fellas. Nice head covers and I love that the paint matches up with the paint

Some good looking flat sticks in here fellas.

After two solid putting green sessions, I decided to take the Culebra on course for 9 holes. A total of 14 putts on the 9, with a drained "0" putt on 9 being that the ball was on the fringe.

While I didn't have a big number of one putts to celebrate, every first stroke I took left the ball with basically a kick in for the two putt. I really didn't have to fight against a three putt and I think that's a very valuable takeaway, especially early on with a putter.

The roll is as good as I've seen off a milled production putter of that design. I have shown time and time again that plumbers necks kick the ball up on contact, and the slight slank neck on the Culebra has been a nice and easy break in, rolling quite pure 95% of the time. It was something I quickly noticed when demoing options to roll in this years Morgan Cup.

With quality roll comes quality feedback, and while some reacted a bit tinny for me, the Culebra just sounds flush on impact, not thin or tinny at all.

Simple lining up is not a major issue for me, especially with the pronounced straight line topline. Taking the stroke is simple and easy to keep on plane. No complaints at all in that area.

The Iomic has taken a fair bit to get used to, having played a wider, more square topped soft grip for the last 8 months. It does really do a nice job of giving vibration level feedback on contact which is a nice change.

I welcome questions.

With the Culebra in my bag full time, I had a great test with it at the THP Illinois Invitational this weekend.

Tough greens, notable tiers on many, I managed to walk away with only 27 putts total. For those counting at home, that's a one putt every other hole.

Now, I only hit eight greens on the day, with many of my shots off the green in the rough, but while my short game was strong, it still left me with putts ranging from 3-15 feet on many of the holes. As my putting game has improved, I've been able to put a confident stroke on the ball and the square contact and generally solid sound I am creating with the culebra really elevates that confidence.

While my former gamer has a great alignment tool to let me know whether my putter is on the intended line, the Culebra's notable rectangle on the top line really does a nice job. I don't know if the angled backside of the head draws the attention away from that to the squareness of that line, but it really does add a nice element.

The roll was very solid. A lot of the concern I have with putters relates to making solid contact, and once that is achieved, the limitation of 'skidding' or bouncing it does before flowing on the intended line. I could confidently stroke the Culebra without much concern for that, and was complimented on my ability to get the ball rolling and have it continue rolling without having to overpower it.

My most rewarding putt came after I landed a ball just short of a tier and it rolled down. My putt back up the hill was well past (second hole, still trying to get a feel for the green speed), and I made the 5 foot comeback with relative ease. Those strokes, taking a bogey rather than a double, are what make rounds for me. What a confidence booster that was.

I want one Dan. Great solid feel to it and a style that I've done well with in the past.

I want one Dan. Great solid feel to it and a style that I've done well with in the past.

I really like the limited bend on the slant neck. It was such a good move for my stroke to avoid a full plumber.

Also, I totally agree on the solid feel. Some when I made contact seemed to sound like a miss or slightly hollow, but this one gives me firm, solid sounding feedback each time.

Glad to hear that you've settled into this one quickly. I'm in live with the Royal

Back