Never Compromise Connoisseur Putters

Danny that was great! Team THP is safe as long as you show up. I figure you showed us 9 different strokes in that vid....I kid of course

The putter looks awesome!

great looking stick SW!

Danny that was great! Team THP is safe as long as you show up. I figure you showed us 9 different strokes in that vid....I kid of course

The putter looks awesome!

Why I oughtta!!

:alien:

Made a little video yesterday while out practicing, it's a little windy at first but it does settle down.

Spoiler

Outstanding video dude. I swear at first on those longer putts it looks like the ball is breaking up hill from the angle we're at. It looks like you rolled it pretty well right away too, great work! I can't wait to check that putter out in person, it looks so nice!

Made a little video yesterday while out practicing, it's a little windy at first but it does settle down.

Spoiler

somehow I missed this video earlier in the day. Great job man. Love that you took the time to video some putting practice. The perfecto seems to have a nice higher pitch sound to it. Keep it up and you'll be draining lots of important putts come July.

somehow I missed this video earlier in the day. Great job man. Love that you took the time to video some putting practice. The perfecto seems to have a nice higher pitch sound to it. Keep it up and you'll be draining lots of important putts come July.

Somehow I missed this too. Great video Danny, and I love the sound off the face.

Spent a solid 30 to 45 mintues on the practice green yesterday before my round with the Perfecto. Since the only other time out with it was on a green that was very shaggy to put it kindly so I learned a lot from this practice session. Started out rolling 8-10' putts to get a feel for the putter and tinker around with the ball position until it felt right. Something that became clear very early is how hot the face is on this putter. That took some adjusting to but soon enough I had the distance down pretty good. Certainly had some good mojo going on putts inside of 10', almost point and shoot like, a lot of which I credit to the dual alignment lines. I've never had a putter with more than one sight line, I did not know what I was missing. It makes lining up so much easier for me, choose my line, set the putter down on that line and frame the ball with the two lines. Now if I can just convince my body to line up square as well I'll be all set.

Switched to rolling putts in the 30-40' range, trying the get them close so that it would be an easy two putt. This helps me in two ways, getting more confidence over the longer putts and also forcing me to practice the short putts that are often "gimme's" on the course. On these longer putts is where the Perfecto really shined for me, admittedly I have a fault of taking getting long in my stroke and then decellerating into the ball. However, with the Perfect I was noticing that since I knew the face was little hotter than I've been used to I was actually taking a much shorter stroke and being more aggressive through the ball. This small change helped me control the putter much more and I didn't feel like I was wobbling the putter during the stroke. Wobbling is a poor adjective there, but that's the feeling I have sometimes on longer putts.

I had mentioned after my first impressions that I may go have the lie angle adjusted to a little more upright but I do not think I will. Typically I prefer to keep my hands a little higher but I tried that yesterday and found I was much striking the center more consistent when addressing the ball with the sole flush instead versus having the heel up which caused me to contact the face a little more toward the heel.

Well, well, well, Christmas came early! I received my gorgeous Never Compromise Connoisseur Portofino putter! Wow, I was seriously taken aback by the complete package that you are presented from N/C. From the packaging to the envelope that houses the letter of authenticity. It truly makes you feel like you're experience a first class treat. Which, you are!

Before I get to some pictures, I wanted to discuss why I ordered what I ordered. I was always going to go with the Connoisseur Series. Not because it's the newest or most recent, but because I felt like it would be best to represent the latest offering from Never Compromise. For that reason I also decided to stick with the stock grip and the stock headcover. With all the wonderful options that Never Compromise extends, it was tough to not go with something different but I wanted my Connoisseur Portofino to be just like anyone else's when it came to the grip and headcover. I don't really have any particular reasoning behind that sort of thought process, I guess I just wanted to try to keep it as "stock" as possible, even if they does seem kind of odd considering it's a "custom" putter.

I also went with the stock lie angle, as I truly don't know what my ideal lie angle is. The only thing remotely different is the length. I did opt for a 36'' putter, which I've never rolled or owned in the past, but I've been recommend that length from someone in the industry who knows a thing or two about putters.

As far as the paintfill colors, well, if you saw my custom 588 wedges you would see that I had those designed and stamped as an homage to my kids. Family is very important to me and I put them above all else. I always will. I thought water better way to customize my Portofino than making it an ode to the wonderful lady in my life! So my custom wedges and my custom putter are a complete dedication to the three people who believe in me more than anyone else on this planet: my family!

Without further ado, I introduce you to "ERIN"

THe boxing in itself makes you feel special. This was the first thing I saw!

DSC_0164.jpg

Sleek, modern, and waiting to be opened

DSC_0165.jpg

Certificate of Authenticity (an awesome touch!)

DSC_0166.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

The Connoisseur Head Cover and Grip

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

And last but not least, the engravings and paintfill!

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

Very nice big guy! I like that stock headcover a lot. Roll it well

Dude, that putter is gorgeous and I love the paintfill. (I was wearing those colors at the last THP outing too, LOL) It's great that you thought about showing off the brand by going stock, and I KNEW you were going to customize one more club for your wife after seeing your wedges! It's so sweet.

And P.S: Stop being my golfing clone dude. First our iron specs, now the putter length. Scary.

You know I knew Id meet Erin one day but I didnt think it would be like this. Sure looks good dude. And that headcover is sick. Some really nice pictures too dude. Roll Erin well!

Thanks. I'm a sucker for my family. Also, it will be kind of gratifying cursing it when it misses putts. Cause we know I can't do that at home!

TC: looks amazing dude! That head cover is one of the best I have ever seen.

Nice touch with the misses' name on the putter hosel!

Nice putter TC. Great design work!

Thanks. I'm a sucker for my family. Also, it will be kind of gratifying cursing it when it misses putts. Cause we know I can't do that at home!

I can hear you now....went out for a round today, hit everything well but f'n Erin couldn't make a putt.

Thanks gents! Nah, I won't cuss it. It's never the equipment's fault. I can't wait to get it on the green and roll it, that's for sure.

amazing looking flat-stick TC.

She's a hottie man! I like where your head and heart are, classy move.

But are we going to see a OneT and Uncle Daddy club as well?

--
Tapatalk2

That's one sweet looking putter.

Starting to come around with the Perfecto, just not holeing a bunch of putts yet. Feel like I'm right on the cusp of a breakthrough with it. What I am liking is how easy it is to line up, the dual sight lights are very beneficial to me. Allows me start more putts on line because of the way they frame the ball at address. Still getting used to hotter feel of the face though which causes me to be little gun shy on some mid-range putts, left I don't how many putts just a tad short today.

--
Tapatalk2

The putter really looks great, TC. I can't get over how nicely those two colors are together. Good luck with it!

Wow that putter is purdy TC. Congrats on getting it, and the fill/engraving is so awesome.

Put in a ton of practice with the Perfecto over my weekend, starting to get the feel of the face on putts inside of 10'. Not sure why it's been such a difficult transition for me since I have been playing a milled face putter for the past several months before the Perfecto arrived, whatever it was I certainly had some issues with either leaving putts a touch short or blowing them by. I'm guessing part of it is the change from a center shaft and getting comfortable with a totally different style of putter. What I am liking is the roll, even on longer putts when I really have to give it a good rap there is no skidding or hopping, the ball gets a quick forward roll which helps keep it on line. Now if I could do a better job of picking the right line... :beat-up:

Something that has impressed me is how every single person I've played with since getting this putter has asked to roll it once or twice, and it's never just twice. Each and everyone of them look up with the huge grin afterwards and a similar comment follows, "It sounds perfect," or "Wow, that's a great feeling putter." Beauty is more than skin deep at Never Compromise.

Put in a ton of practice with the Perfecto over my weekend, starting to get the feel of the face on putts inside of 10'. Not sure why it's been such a difficult transition for me since I have been playing a milled face putter for the past several months before the Perfecto arrived, whatever it was I certainly had some issues with either leaving putts a touch short or blowing them by. I'm guessing part of it is the change from a center shaft and getting comfortable with a totally different style of putter. What I am liking is the roll, even on longer putts when I really have to give it a good rap there is no skidding or hopping, the ball gets a quick forward roll which helps keep it on line. Now if I could do a better job of picking the right line... :beat-up:

Something that has impressed me is how every single person I've played with since getting this putter has asked to roll it once or twice, and it's never just twice. Each and everyone of them look up with the huge grin afterwards and a similar comment follows, "It sounds perfect," or "Wow, that's a great feeling putter." Beauty is more than skin deep at Never Compromise.

I get the same thing SW. Everybody wants to try it out and everybody seems to fall for it once they do.

TC, that is a sweet looking putter bro. Don't know how I missed it yesterday, and I am stalking the FedEx drivers now.

Back