New 2011 Cleveland Niblick

LOl. Thats awesome. Niblick surgery 101. I wish I would've messed around with it more at the local golf shop. It does look absolutely stunning in hand. I mean, its looks cool haha.

Ask and ye shall recive my friend!

2010 - 310g
2011 - 316g

Weighed 3 times to make sure. Now, off to re-epoxy it! lol (love to be able to do all this club-work at home lol)

nice looking Niblick Jman!

Haha, definitely not what I expected from what I remember... As I was trying to hit just my wedges I realized how much this club saves me especially 75 yards and in.

Ask and ye shall recive my friend!

2010 - 310g
2011 - 316g

Weighed 3 times to make sure. Now, off to re-epoxy it! lol (love to be able to do all this club-work at home lol)

Looks nice

:angry:

I could drop a grand just on Cleveland stuff this year. Please cease and desist with the Cleveland stuff!

Thank goodness I am all set on irons and putters. I am basically set on wedges, but I can see a big upside to a Niblick or 2 in the bag. I don't need/use my 60 that fills out spot 14. I may give one of these a go and drop to two traditional wedges.

That's a sweet looking club will have to give it a try.

The Niblick is so versatile. A lot of people just mistake it for just a chipper but it can be used for so much more. Full shots, 3/4 shots, chips etc...

:angry:

I could drop a grand just on Cleveland stuff this year. Please cease and desist with the Cleveland stuff!

Thank goodness I am all set on irons and putters. I am basically set on wedges, but I can see a big upside to a Niblick or 2 in the bag. I don't need/use my 60 that fills out spot 14. I may give one of these a go and drop to two traditional wedges.

The Niblick is so versatile. A lot of people just mistake it for just a chipper but it can be used for so much more. Full shots, 3/4 shots, chips etc...

Big time. I used my precious Nibs for full shots more than anything else. Love them, love.

I know there are haters but I agree with you. They just work as advertised, I think more people would benefit from these if they would just give them a chance :)

Big time. I used my precious Nibs for full shots more than anything else. Love them, love.

I'd like to demo one of these, I had one of each niblick last year that i would take on my short game practice. Never could decide which one I liked. I love the56 out of sand, it really saved me. And the 42 green side chipping was better than using my 9 iron. It just feels better chipping. But when it comes down to it; I think I just need to practice chipping and I can do just fine with my 9 iron..

I never did full wedge shots with them, always loved the feel of the cg15 there. If i could make an argument for any it was the 56 simply for it's performance out of sand but green side chipping, at least for me ith a 56 was too lofty,

They are a nice club- just hard for me to decide what to get rid of in my bag

Almost jumped on the Mashie wagon, but I have zero issues with my A7s. On the way out I saw the new Niblicks were in. Grabbed one and hit a bunch of balls. Walked out with the 49. No idea if I have the ideal loft, but it seems pretty versatile. Great feel and responds well to knock downs and opened up shots. Should be a handy club.

its a 9 iron w/ hybrid like back, learn how to chip w/ an iron, it will save u money and a spot in ur bag 4 something usefull

its a 9 iron w/ hybrid like back, learn how to chip w/ an iron, it will save u money and a spot in ur bag 4 something usefull

I had a killer response to this. I mean, it was KILLER. I will let your own words speak for themselves, son.

Really? "Something useful"?

I pose this to you then, if it helps you and your game, is it not useful? Most Niblick bashers have never even swung one, others simply hang on the EXTREMELY old "its just a chipper" routine. Fulls swings on these are bliss, its a shame so many STILL let their ego's get in the way with things like this.

Besides if you're going by that principle then get rid of any hybrids and learn to hit a one iron to save room for "something useful".

Sheesh.

By the way, back on topic. Range session with the new Nibs was very nice yesterday. I'm going out on a round or two with it in bag tomorrow, I'll have "something useful" for you all then. :D

Might want to check out a 49* as well CG....deadly from 100-105, automatic for 20-25yd chips, and great fro when you're on the collar of the green and don't want to use the putter
I'd like to demo one of these, I had one of each niblick last year that i would take on my short game practice. Never could decide which one I liked. I love the56 out of sand, it really saved me. And the 42 green side chipping was better than using my 9 iron. It just feels better chipping. But when it comes down to it; I think I just need to practice chipping and I can do just fine with my 9 iron..

I never did full wedge shots with them, always loved the feel of the cg15 there. If i could make an argument for any it was the 56 simply for it's performance out of sand but green side chipping, at least for me ith a 56 was too lofty,

They are a nice club- just hard for me to decide what to get rid of in my bag

Last time I checked this WAS a very useful club.... unless you're a 3 handicap apparently.

Might want to check out a 49* as well CG....deadly from 100-105, automatic for 20-25yd chips, and great fro when you're on the collar of the green and don't want to use the putter

Yessir. Thats exactly why its the one I carried and do carry. Had all the other lofts at one point or another last season but the 49* just had WAY more uses for me personally. LOVE it.

+1 such a great loft to have...but if you're not hitting it well it can be a pain
Yessir. Thats exactly why its the one I carried and do carry. Had all the other lofs at one opint or another last season byt the 49* just had WAY more uses for me personally. LOVE it.

+1 such a great loft to have...but if you're not hitting it well it can be a pain

Yep, had those days where I seemed to catch it thin all day, noooot good lol.

and it always seems to know when I'm thinking of taking it out of the bag too....that's when I have great days with it
Yep, had those days where I seemed to catch it thin all day, noooot good lol.

Looking forward to this Jman.

Seems like us Niblick users a tight bunch :) Ill never get the club superiority thing. Whatever works I say.

Anyway, I'll be interested to know how it compares to the previous generation. I really like the looks and depending what happens in the next few weeks, this could be my new GW replacement.

By the way, back on topic. Range session with the new Nibs was very nice yesterday. I'm going out on a round or two with it in bag tomorrow, I'll have "something useful" for you all then. :D

Looking forward to this Jman.

Seems like us Niblick users a tight bunch :) Ill never get the club superiority thing. Whatever works I say.

Anyway, I'll be interested to know how it compares to the previous generation. I really like the looks and depending what happens in the next few weeks, this could be my new GW replacement.

I thought you liked the 50*? No?

I'm finding while I like my wedges, the Niblick is just so much more versatile for me. Especially as I practice my short game and miss more than I make if that makes sense. There are times where I love to practice shots but then there are times, quite frankly I just want to score well. Im trying to focus on certain aspects of my game during a round and sometimes having to deal with full shots and short game (wedges) together just compounds problems. I figure if its a round where I'm focusing on ball contact, Ill bring the Niblick because its pretty automatic for me haha.

I thought you liked the 50*? No?

I'm finding while I like my wedges, the Niblick is just so much more versatile for me. Especially as I practice my short game and miss more than I make if that makes sense. There are times where I love to practice shots but then there are times, quite frankly I just want to score well. Im trying to focus on certain aspects of my game during a round and sometimes having to deal with full shots and short game (wedges) together just compounds problems. I figure if its a round where I'm focusing on ball contact, Ill bring the Niblick because its pretty automatic for me haha.

I hear what you are saying and that makes sense. I used to carry all 4 niblicks in my bag. Then I decided I should learn wedge play using real wedges and use th e niblick for specialty shots that I can't hit with the wedges. There is a balance there somewhere

Back