New 2011 Cleveland Niblick

Ddec is searching to see if he still has one. It seems like you two are the only ones on the internet with these.

It's because he and I are the anti-internet-golfers bahaha!

It's because he and I are the anti-internet-golfers bahaha!

Its driving me crazy that I can't find it. Used to love that thing.

#AntiInternetGolfer?

Its driving me crazy that I can't find it. Used to love that thing.

Its somewhere, it has to be.

You should bag it again, together we can melt minds.

that thing was deadly.

Exactly why I put it back in, and I can actually put a little spin on approaches now, so with these grooves, look out.

as hit submit on my last post I closed the closet door in my office area, sure enough there it is.

This club is silly.

128 out.
u8e3yrar.jpg

Just like I remember, high, soft, and easy. With some serious zip.

Love it. Definitely a solid club.

No frigging clue how I'm going to have to adjust my bag though.

Yeah...those things tend to mess up a straight forward bag setup pretty quickly.

Yeah...those things tend to mess up a straight forward bag setup pretty quickly.

Yep, it's a beast 120 and in, but it's that 130 spot I've got to figure out. Either choke down PW or drop the 5i and carry the aw still.

Yep, it's a beast 120 and in, but it's that 130 spot I've got to figure out. Either choke down PW or drop the 5i and carry the aw still.

I'm a fan of the choke down PW.

I'm a fan of the choke down PW.

Fixing to go drop 4-5 balls after I play #18 and figure it out. Niblick stays though, it's too easy.

View attachment 15887
No frigging clue how I'm going to have to adjust my bag though.

I found that the 2011 Niblicks blend nicely with the Cleveland 588 TT's because the TT's are such a strong-lofted iron set. The 588 TT PW has just 44* of loft, so replacing it with the 42* 2011 Niblick PW was no problem at all. The distance gap between the 588 TT 9-iron and the Niblick PW is just fine.

From there, it was a no-brainer to have the other two 2011 Niblicks, (the 49* and 56*), plus a Cleveland Black Pearl CG-16 (coventional lob wedge), 60* with 8* of bounce. Because the CG-16 LW is a perfect cosmetic match with the 2011 Niblicks, my bag appears to contain a matching Black Pearl 4-wedge set.

mHK32Kdm2zWP3IOp_6RNPYA.jpg

If you really want to blow minds, go pull out the 2010 models. Those are the ones I play and I get a lot of weird looks. :D

That's what this is, I bumped the wrong thread. I wasn't a fan of the 2011's at all.

Just bought a 42* for chip shots, which is my weakness. I've read these are good on full shots as well. I play Razr XF 7-9 (it's so hard to find a Razr XF PW, although the AW is readily available), then Apex PW and AW.

how do you think these would blend with the Razr XF? As in , 7-9 XF, Niblick PW, and XF AW?

Just bought a 42* for chip shots, which is my weakness. I've read these are good on full shots as well. I play Razr XF 7-9 (it's so hard to find a Razr XF PW, although the AW is readily available), then Apex PW and AW.

how do you think these would blend with the Razr XF? As in , 7-9 XF, Niblick PW, and XF AW?

I owned XFs in steel. Just replace the PW. It actually blends in quite well because the XFs are darker and a bit more elongated (and larger).

A word of warning though. If you do this, then you'll probably end up wanting the Niblick 49 (AW replacement). Of course, that's a nice first world problem to have.

The conventional wedge that is cosmetically matched with the 2011 Niblick is the Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl Wedge. For the 2010 and earlier Niblicks the Cleveland CG14 Black Pearl is the cosmetic match.

I owned both the 2010 and the 2011 Niblicks and find they play virtually the same, but I much prefer the looks of the 2011 models. I use all (3), i.e. the 42*, 49* and 56*.

I was also very pleased that Cleveland put "PW", "DW", and "SW" on the SOLES of the 2011 models, instead of just the degrees of loft.

Thanks for the reply! Hmm, I wonder where I can get a 49* Niblick?

Thought I would revive this thread just in case any are pondering adding a Niblick.

This season I added the Cleveland Altitude Irons, a Smart Sole C and S. My cap dropped from a 19 down to an 11 currently. So they have been a big help to my game.

The Smart Sole S has been a really good stick for me (ordered a 2.0 to replace it the other day). But the Smart Sole C was hit and miss. I used it primarily for chipping but the roll just never seemed right. Sometimes too high and sometimes I would get this weird blady looking shot with a funny side spin on it. I tried it for a few full shots and was pleasantly surprised but the face height was a little short on it so I never setup to my eye for full shots.

Then it dawned on me. Why not just try the Niblick. It was a club I had previously tried a couple seasons ago but never seemed to click back then. I think I was just using them for the wrong shots.

About a month ago I bought the Gen 2 42*, then picked up a Gen 2 49* and finally a Gen 1 37*.

I can see these being real assets to my game.

After comparing some approach shots the Niblicks seem more accurate.
Albeit they do fly a touch shorter than the Altitude wedges in equal lofts. But I believe that is due to the heavier head and swing weight on the Niblicks. So I have adjusted my normal yardages down about 5 yds to compensate.

The N42 is a nice PW replacement for me and will primarily be used for full shots.

The N49 will work as my GW and for partial pitches around the green. So far I have only had this in the bag for 2 rounds but I am definitely pitching the ball much closer than I was before. For instance yesterday I had 7 one putts and it wasn’t because the putter was on fire. I even had one crazy shot with it out of a drainage ditch over a road and through 2 trees to within 4” of the pin. Total luck shot but I will take it. So far this one is my favorite of the 3.

With the N37, I can hit full shots but right now I prefer my normal 9i. So it will be relegated to chipping, punch outs, and for yardages to bridge the gap between the 9i and N42.

Buddy “Ryebread” on here has had these in the bag for quite some time and thanks to him and “majBC” for helping me out with my research prior to buying. They gave me the in’s and out’s of each model, what they are good for and not so good for. And it’s paying dividends now. Our season here in OH is winding down but I liked what I saw yesterday in my first round with all 3 in the bag. Looking forward to next season with my full on chopper bag, lol

Back