New 2011 Cleveland Niblick

sethg

Reaction score
Handicap
There are some pictures on the cleveland web site which seems to show most of the new line. Kept getting a broken link. Does anyone have any details on the new niblicks? curious what lofts they are going to have in the new line and any pictures would be great

If you are talking about the new Mashie, there is a ton of information on this site. Here is the thread on the testing now in progress.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?15849-Cleveland-Mashie-Review-Testers-Thread

He means the niblick which is a fan favorite in the THP world. Been a while since that thread popped up.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?7443-Niblick-Unboxing-amp-Thread&highlight=niblick+unboxing

Here is what Seth is talking about.

Seth-
I don't have any knowledge for you. Sorry!

Thanks Rx, I have seen soooooooo much Mashie talk, I just assumed that is what he meant, and you know what they say about assume, mostly me.

The 2011 Niblick is set to come out in March. THere is some information in the original Niblick thread.

The 2011 Niblick is set to come out in March. THere is some information in the original Niblick thread.

Is the niblick still in your bag getting you out of trouble?

From the pic on their site, the new one looks a bit sleeker than last years model.

Hey Sethg,

The new Niblick for 2011 will come in 42*, 49* and 56* (no more 37*). It will have a darker finish, the grooves are conforming, and performance wise it has a stabilization bar in the back that should result in a more consistent feel. Hope the pics come back up - I saw the club when the rep came through and I really like the new darker color.

-Patty

Hey Sethg,

The new Niblick for 2011 will come in 42*, 49* and 56* (no more 37*). It will have a darker finish, the grooves are conforming, and performance wise it has a stabilization bar in the back that should result in a more consistent feel. Hope the pics come back up - I saw the club when the rep came through and I really like the new darker color.

-Patty

I like the looks of it. Check it out here
http://clevelandgolf.com/US_niblick__niblick_2011__viewProd_wedges.html

The new Niblicks look attractive. The darker finish and the absent yellow anti-vibration pad give it a more traditional look that will appeal to more golfers. I wonder why the 37* was dropped. Perhaps it didn't have the volume of sales as the other higher lofted Nibs. I also would like to know how the feel is without the yellow pads, and how the spin is with the conforming ( non-Zip) grooves.

Very nice! I just got my old 56* degree in late November and have not gotten to really play with it yet...lol
I really like the way the new ones look.

I really hope THP gets one in to test. I love my 42* but have kicked around the idea of 49* for faster greens. It's just a deadly club for me that works in a lot of situations. I'm never embarassed to use and everyone that I've played that has tried it, was surprised how good it feels to use.

Appears that the 37* would no longer be available.. the website has 42*,49*,56* only...
However the overview page continues to have the same details as before.. Not sure whether it is a mistake or i am catching it in the middle of updates....

I like the darker look of the new niblicks compared to last year's offering.

I definately like the darker color and general look of the club. Should be another hit for Cleveland

+1 love the 49* option

looks mor elike a wedge now than a chipper....that may appeal to more of the masses
I really hope THP gets one in to test. I love my 42* but have kicked around the idea of 49* for faster greens. It's just a deadly club for me that works in a lot of situations. I'm never embarassed to use and everyone that I've played that has tried it, was surprised how good it feels to use.

Am excited to play these. Does anyone know what the bounce is for the new 49? My only complaint of the 49 is I wish it had a bounce and offset more similar to the 42.

Well if it performs anything like the old models, they can count on 3 sales with me. I was actually hoping they would add a 32*!

I was hoping they would release a 60* it would have been stupid easy to hit and made my bag in a heart beat

I saw a new niblick at my local golf shop. They only had the 56* and another one which was Im thinking a ladies version.

I didnt spend a lot of time with it but it looks slick. The darker finish is fantastic. Im gonna try and go back soon to see if they have the 49*. Curious to see the differences in feel and perfomance if any. I didnt get a chance to compare to my niblick but also curious to see if any differences in weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow I love the look of those. Cleveland is going to hold a major portion of my bag this year.

MUCH better looking. Until I saw this thread, I forgot about my 42* niblick under the bed. Might have to look at the 49* as I never use my 50*

Back