New 2020 TaylorMade TP5/TP5X USA edition

Hammer22

Outlier
Reaction score
Handicap

WZ964_zoom_D.jpg
WZ964_zoom_D2.jpg
WZ964_zoom_D3.jpg

Good thing the shape isn’t an x as it would have looked like the confederate flag.

I just don't know. I like the TP5 but I just can't get myself to like these balls no matter what it looks like and I think this clearpath alignment is marketing that doesn't actually work

I haven't tried these but this year ive found I putt better without worrying about trying to line up the ball on my intended path

I do like this design tho compared to the current Pix lineup

The TP5 is a solid ball but I don't need all of those distractions all over the ball.

Meh last year's was better and if I wanted red white and blue I'd go to different oem.

I’ll wait until these go on sale later in the year. I don’t need patriotic balls right now

I like 'em!!

Good thing the shape isn’t an x as it would have looked like the confederate flag.

If it's not triangular, it defeats the purpose of the Clearpath Alignment.

I don't find the Pix distracting at all. If anything, they make the ball much easier to see. In any case, the last version with the orange/yellow graphic can be picked up easily for $25/dozen through Golf Galaxy or Dick's - total no-brainer for a premium ball, and a great one at that.

Last edited:
If it's not triangular, it defeats the purpose of the Clearpath Alignment.

I don't find the Pix distracting at all. If anything, they make the ball much easier to see. In any case, the last version with the orange/yellow graphic can be picked up easily for $25/dozen through Golf Galaxy or Dick's - total no-brainer for a premium ball, and a great one at that.

It was a joke...
Based on the previous year shape.

I just don't know. I like the TP5 but I just can't get myself to like these balls no matter what it looks like and I think this clearpath alignment is marketing that doesn't actually work
I was just going to say this EXACT same thing

These look a lot like the Adidas soccer balls my girls have.

1593608366080.png

If you are someone who doesn't care to hassle with drawing a line on your ball, this actually works well. Still, I'll take the previous version for roughly half the cost.

These look a lot like the Adidas soccer balls my girls have.

View attachment 8951330

You've confused TaylorMade with Callaway.

Great golf ball and I do prefer Stars and Stripes to Rickie's color scheme.

If you are someone who doesn't care to hassle with drawing a line on your ball, this actually works well. Still, I'll take the previous version for roughly half the cost.

Actually I haven't. The pix balls look like the pattern on the soccer ball i posted above. Callaway truvis resemble the more traditional soccer ball and not what TM is trying to do.

Still not sure how that works based on where the pattern is?
As we saw with Rickie Fowler sponsored to use these, and yet still drew a line on it.

I actually like these, a good bit

Great golf ball and I do prefer Stars and Stripes to Rickie's color scheme.

Definitely...unless you are an Oklahoma State fan.

Still not sure how that works based on where the pattern is?
As we saw with Rickie Fowler sponsored to use these, and yet still drew a line on it.

Same idea as the version before. Nothing says you can't add a line on your own, but they are fine without.

343947-TP5-pix-2020-Clear-Path-Align-1_H900_Mcrop_P50-50-b64d5b-large-1580305943.jpg

Further to @mikeg_74 comment, Callaway ripped off the original Adidas TelStar soccer ball pattern from 40 years ago. I love that new TM designs resemble modern Adidas world Cup soccer patterns. TelStar (appropriated by Callaway as Truvis) is originally an Adidas design.

If I'm being honest I kind of like the look of this one. With that said it's still clearly a Truvis knock off and the claim of there being an alignment aspect is a joke IMO.

I'm a fan of the Pix ball, in general. However, not sold on the Patriotic style of this version. I really do like rolling the Pix 2.0 with the Clear Path.

For some reason these just look like American Flag fidget spinners, seems too wild for me. Although, this ball has performed well for me in the past.

Looks like all the social media parrots that latched on to the "it looks like a confederate flag" have won out. TaylorMade pulled these balls off their site. Too bad...unless they come back in the future (like around 11/4) at ridiculously low prices. The mob mentality and cancel culture at it again.

Looks like all the social media parrots that latched on to the "it looks like a confederate flag" have won out. TaylorMade pulled these balls off their site. Too bad...unless they come back in the future (like around 11/4) at ridiculously low prices. The mob mentality and cancel culture at it again.

FWIW, I am not a cancel culture person.
I do think it looks like the General Lee though.

Back