New 2020 TaylorMade TP5/TP5X USA edition

FWIW, I am not a cancel culture person.
I do think it looks like the General Lee though.

that’s the first thing that came to mind, but don’t agree needing to pull these. I’m sure that was not the intent in the design.

that’s the first thing that came to mind, but don’t agree needing to pull these. I’m sure that was not the intent in the design.

Of course not. The timing is unique in that its July 4th which makes perfect sense, but if others feel the same way, social media can be an absolute nightmare right now. Im genuinely surprised they didn't see it and tweak the design, but everybody is going to view it differently.

Of course not. The timing is unique in that its July 4th which makes perfect sense, but if others feel the same way, social media can be an absolute nightmare right now. Im genuinely surprised they didn't see it and tweak the design, but everybody is going to view it differently.

oh I completely agree. You would think the current climate would have been taken into consideration and wonder if an overseas marketing team had a hand who aren’t close to the issues here.

Reactions: JB
I like these. I am a fan of the truvis and these. I liked the original Ninja star pix as well. The clear path thing does not pass go for me as an alignment aid. But, I still like it.

Looks like all the social media parrots that latched on to the "it looks like a confederate flag" have won out. TaylorMade pulled these balls off their site. Too bad...unless they come back in the future (like around 11/4) at ridiculously low prices. The mob mentality and cancel culture at it again.

These are still available..

These are still available..

That is last years version.

That is last years version.

Gotcha.. I see the difference but I don't see the difference... If the ball above was cancelled. I am totally confused..

Gotcha.. I see the difference but I don't see the difference... If the ball above was cancelled. I am totally confused..

Im genuinely with you, but here is the difference for those wondering in design.

WZ964_zoom_D.jpgWZ907_zoom_D2.jpg

Right, I am confused why one is OK and one is not.. But I think right now life is confusing. I will just shrug and move on..

I think you are probably right. The new one reminded me of the car. The older one was just weird to me. Maybe its the 3rd "leg", but I know I got a ton of messages about the new one and the original didn't get a peep.

So its either our current culture or people are seeing something.

I think you are probably right. The new one reminded me of the car. The older one was just weird to me. Maybe its the 3rd "leg", but I know I got a ton of messages about the new one and the original didn't get a peep.

So its either our current culture or people are seeing something.

I dig both. It is the same ball so no real lose.

Back