New 2022 Callaway Bags Discussion

For stand bags, the problem with using push carts has always been the interference of the stand / legs mechanism and where the cart attaches/rests against the bag. Callaway have moved the hinge mechanims down and created a 'low rider top' approach which avoids this interference. It means that you can use a Callaway new stand bag ( of the right model ) to both carry to the driving range as a stand bag and fit it into your clicgear or bagboy or whateber carts and it fits cleanly. See picture below for an example off the callaway site. Also if you watch the video on the callaway site, they show a low rider bag going into a cart holster.

View attachment 9061607

So smart of them to do this. My clic gear can be a huge PIA with that issue.

6lb for 14 way stand. Low rider top for best use on pushcart. Color me intrigued.
The low rider is ridiculous. The star of the obstacle courses because we rolled some push carts and it never moved!!! Crazy smart! The low rider also works for riding carts too!

So smart of them to do this. My clic gear can be a huge PIA with that issue.

Same with mine which is why I went with an Org14 cart bag instead. But then I don't get the benefit of the stand bag at the driving range or sim session. Doing the low rider solution on stand bags solves both issues for me.

Same with mine which is why I went with an Org14 cart bag instead. But then I don't get the benefit of the stand bag at the driving range or sim session. Doing the low rider solution on stand bags solves both issues for me.

I have to have a stand bag it just makes things so much easier. I just went and looked at the colors and oh my the snow camo is the one!

For stand bags, the problem with using push carts has always been the interference of the stand / legs mechanism and where the cart attaches/rests against the bag. Callaway have moved the hinge mechanims down and created a 'low rider top' approach which avoids this interference. It means that you can use a Callaway new stand bag ( of the right model ) to both carry to the driving range as a stand bag and fit it into your clicgear or bagboy or whateber carts and it fits cleanly. See picture below for an example off the callaway site. Also if you watch the video on the callaway site, they show a low rider bag going into a cart holster.

View attachment 9061607

I love this. Have been waiting to learn about these from when you guys mentioned that push cart users should wait on new bag purchases. I'm going to need one.

I wasn't looking for a new bag, but if I see the new Fairway 14 bag in a store over here I could be very tempted to get rid of both bags that I currently have (1 cart, 1 carry) and replace it with one of those if they are as good as they look

Maybe I missed it, but what bag did you Grandaddy guys get?

I wasn't looking for a new bag, but if I see the new Fairway 14 bag in a store over here I could be very tempted to get rid of both bags that I currently have (1 cart, 1 carry) and replace it with one of those if they are as good as they look

Maybe I missed it, but what bag did you Grandaddy guys get?

We received the Fairway C double strap stand bag in White/Navy/Red.

So I just want to apologize for my lack of write up since @AT_CG said they were holding off on releasing info on the bag until 2/1. All his fault :p (Looks like he meant that's when they are available)

So quick a rundown. Like mentioned, we got the Fairway C bag so no Lowrider tech for us. So I can't speak to it personally, at home, but I can speak to it on quick experience.

As everyone saw in the Grandaddy push cart race, @xThor made some "moves" out there

1642778989980.png

1642778970755.png

The bag never moved from it's position in the cart. Lowrider tech is legit. It was described up above but it essentially lowers the leg ports on the bag to a point that they will now be below the "arms" of your pushcart to help lock your bag in place and be flush with the cart. There is no more need to adjust your bag throughout the round. Like whenever I go through a bumpy patch on my course or get in to the weeds, my bag moves all over and I have to slide and adjust my bag around to get it back to feeling "secure". Now, as the pictures above show, that bag isn't going anywhere.

This is a carry bag that is MADE to be on a push cart (also works on driving carts). Or reversely, a cart bag that is MADE to also be carried where ever you want to take it. It's that easy to go between what you want to do unlike a current cart bag.

Speaking on the rubber overmold top which I will picture below

1642779644935.png1642779660894.png

I attached two pictures to try to show how it works. Putter well and then three more slots with rubber for driver and two woods or hybrids or any combo. Then if you can see in the second picture, the overmold top slightly angles the slots away so there is less risk of irons rubbing against graphite shafts that you'll have in the top of the bag. Shouldn't really matter in a push cart but if the bag ever goes in a driving cart, this would be helpful. Small thing but I thought I'd point it out.

Austin mentioned that they see the future of golf moving to more and more push carts which is why they are bringing out the lowrider tech. So they didn't just test it with one push cart. They made sure it works with a majority of pushcarts on the market, especially the most popular ones.

And if you don't want a 14 way top, Fairway+ is the bag for you (most likely me too). Four way top with their new Apex divider system which helps keep clubs separated even with only four sections. Bag still has the same Lowrider tech but comes in a pound lighter

1642780377369.png

Then like I mentioned, we received the Fairway C. Pretty standard bag that is essentially what you know and love by now. Four way top, plenty of storage and high quality materials. I only have one complaint about. I will get a picture of it later tonight, but the valuables pocket is DEEP and if anything is in it, it goes goes straight down. The pocket isn't reinforced to stay straight across. So if anything is in there, I am essentially reaching my arm ALL THE WAY in to the bag to get it out. Maybe it's just me that doesn't like how deep it is. Like I said, I will post a picture later, but it can be very annoying depending on what you're putting in there.

I saw a question above about worries about the legs deploying. I don't think my group ever touched on that for the new 14 and + bags. But I can say with my C, there has been zero issue with leg deployment. I know that doesn't really help but I just wanted to say that with a change in how they are positioning the legs, I have to believe they are on top of deployment as well.

If you guys have any other questions, feel free to ask!!

Last edited:
I like a few of those bags quite a lot. This one would likely be my choice.

A29DE808-F2C3-4227-80E8-E3813E628F25.jpeg

really looking forward to seeing these bad boys in person somewhere soon!

I can attest to the bag not moving.
Screenshot_20211213-170918_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20211213-170908_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220111-155904_Chrome.jpg

teh 14-way fairway stand....that is exactly the bag I am looking for.

That's the exact one I'm looking at too. Sharp and will age well with the color.
Yes! In the desert, I hope I can find it 😎

40 posts and not a picture from the Granddaddy team? Let's see those bags!

40 posts and not a picture from the Granddaddy team? Let's see those bags!

My bag is currently at my dad's. I am stopping there tonight but others will probably post a bag pic soon.

My bag is currently at my dad's. I am stopping there tonight but others will probably post a bag pic soon.
video showing pockets always welcomed!

View attachment 9061607

Thank you, I get it now!

For any of the Granddaddy guys that walk and carry, I am curious to hear your thoughts. Ive been in the market for a bag. Originally thought maybe a vessel until I heard about the new release. Would appreciate any guidance on what walking is like.

Thanks!

teh 14-way fairway stand....that is exactly the bag I am looking for.
Better get one soon since you'll have another bag this year as well :LOL:

I love the 14-way Callaway Navy/Red bag! I'm a big fan of 14-way stand bags. I love that you do not have to worry as much about your clubs hitting each other.

For any of the Granddaddy guys that walk and carry, I am curious to hear your thoughts. Ive been in the market for a bag. Originally thought maybe a vessel until I heard about the new release. Would appreciate any guidance on what walking is like.

Thanks!
I'm a HUGE proponent of walking and I carried 90% of my rounds last year. If you alternate between push and carry, I would absolutely reccomend the Fairway +. The lowrider tech is insanely good. Though I preface it with 5lbs for a carry bag doesn't bother me AT ALL. I know others are more sensitive to their carry bag weight.

Also, I obviously can't walk a course right now with the weather so this is all opinion, but I don't think you'll beat the convenience of lowrider (if you push ever) and that extra pound isn't a big deal when it comes down to it for everything else that is in the bag when it's full.

Thanks!
I may not be a great comparison as I was using the much heavier Ogio Woodē hybrid bag. The Fairway C is significantly lighter and just as stable. They also added little footers on the bottom of the bag to make it more stable when standing. Storage is solid for a 4lb bag and unlike some people (@Muchmore18 ) I really like the deep valuables pocket!

That low rider top for the stand bag would eliminate the only issue I have with the SunMountain on my Motocaddy. Genius.

I may not be a great comparison as I was using the much heavier Ogio Woodē hybrid bag. The Fairway C is significantly lighter and just as stable. They also added little footers on the bottom of the bag to make it more stable when standing. Storage is solid for a 4lb bag and unlike some people (@Muchmore18 ) I really like the deep valuables pocket!
Too deep! How much stuff are you putting in there :LOL: If it had some support to stay horizontal (like the top of the material attached to the bag) and not fall down the second something is put in there, I wouldn't be so against it. But reaching down half way down the bag to get keys or something isn't what I call ideal lol

Back