fishymehta

Ahh... life is good
Reaction score
Handicap
14.0 OOB
Well, after some long and careful deliberations, I have finally bought a new 3w!!!

I would like to welcome to my bag....

THE NIKE VR-S 15° :banana:

I can't wait to hit this baby, and will definitely be sharing my thoughts with you

Congrats!

Can't wait to hear how it works for you. I'm looking between that and a
Mashie right now

Congrats, I love the feeling of getting a new stick.

Congratulations hope it flies strait and long for you.

Two days and no update :confused2:

I hit the Nike line at the last demo day and plan to get down soon as make the final decision between a 3 or 4. The 4 was much easier to hit off the turf, so I am leaning that way.

I hit the Nike at the Myrtle Beach THP Demo day and it was definitely in my top three. I will be hitting a lot of FW woods later this week to determine exactly which one I plan to put in the bag.

eager to try this one out, looks sick

Congrats on the new purchase. After playing the 3w, I wish I would have gotten a 4w instead. The thing is crazy long off the tee. The 4w seems it would be easier to hit off the turf due to a little more loft and shorter club. GG didn't have the 4w which is why it never crossed my mind.

**Tappin' from the center of the middle of the fairway**

Sorry for the delay guys, but I've been really busy as of late. Anyways, I managed to get away for 1 range session over the weekend and a quick round today, so here are me thoughts:

Looks: I personally love the look of this club. It's nothing too flashy, but looks sleek with the grey glittering top and the two-tone sole. I personally like the more traditional, classy look when some OEMs are going wayy over the top (Cobra AMP, anyone?). The shaft graphic are pretty sweet, and the ninja stars are a nice touch. No complaints on the grip either. At address, there is little glare from the shinier top, and it appears a bit closed to me.

Off the tee: Hit this quite a bit off the tee at the range and on the course. Keep in mind that I wasn't used to the club, so many shots weren't hit well at all. Those I did hit relatively well were excellent, though. My consistent ball flight was a mid-boring trajectory with a slight fade, and the ball seemed to be going a good 240-245 yards (my old 5w was around 210). Most misses near the center were covered fairly well in terms of distance, and went fairly straight (although some of mine ended up in dead hooks since I was over-rotating my wrists). The one thing I noticed was that ball hit way off the bottom of the face still went straight; the ball stayed extremely low but ended up rolling a ton and finishing up a good 220-230 anyways. Lastly, the feel of the club during the swing is different from most fairways in that it isn't head heavy, and feels a bit more balanced throughout the swing (which may or may not be your cup of tea).

Off the Deck: Hit this ball a bunch off the ground on the range, and occasionally out on the course. The ball flight was mid again, although this time it climbed very slowly and then fell out of the sky; again I saw a fade in the natural ball flight, and a distance of about 235. Forgiveness was a little less on fat shots, and the ball ended up way too high, dropping at about 205-210. Luckily, forgiveness on thin shots (my most common miss) was ample, and the ball still flew quite a ways, albeit with a lower trajectory, and I only lost about 10 yards or so and stayed on line.

Personally, I love this club, and see it in my bag for a long time. It covers my most common miss (low on the face) without sacrificing too much distance. I also like the more balanced weight, as it feels like I have more control on the tempo during the swing. A fairly light fairway wood, and the shallow face definitely helps me get the ball higher (I am a very low ball hitter). And, if you search around, you can find an excellent deal on it (I got mine new for $115, including a sleeve of Nike 20-XIs)

congrats on your new club! and nice thoughts on its maiden voyage, keep us posted.

Fish, thanks for the report back. My results are very simliar to yours and I couldn't have said it better. Congrats again.

**Tappin' from the center of the middle of the fairway**

Good Info!

Did you find the deal online?

Sorry for the delay guys, but I've been really busy as of late. Anyways, I managed to get away for 1 range session over the weekend and a quick round today, so here are me thoughts:

Looks: I personally love the look of this club. It's nothing too flashy, but looks sleek with the grey glittering top and the two-tone sole. I personally like the more traditional, classy look when some OEMs are going wayy over the top (Cobra AMP, anyone?). The shaft graphic are pretty sweet, and the ninja stars are a nice touch. No complaints on the grip either. At address, there is little glare from the shinier top, and it appears a bit closed to me.

Off the tee: Hit this quite a bit off the tee at the range and on the course. Keep in mind that I wasn't used to the club, so many shots weren't hit well at all. Those I did hit relatively well were excellent, though. My consistent ball flight was a mid-boring trajectory with a slight fade, and the ball seemed to be going a good 240-245 yards (my old 5w was around 210). Most misses near the center were covered fairly well in terms of distance, and went fairly straight (although some of mine ended up in dead hooks since I was over-rotating my wrists). The one thing I noticed was that ball hit way off the bottom of the face still went straight; the ball stayed extremely low but ended up rolling a ton and finishing up a good 220-230 anyways. Lastly, the feel of the club during the swing is different from most fairways in that it isn't head heavy, and feels a bit more balanced throughout the swing (which may or may not be your cup of tea).

Off the Deck: Hit this ball a bunch off the ground on the range, and occasionally out on the course. The ball flight was mid again, although this time it climbed very slowly and then fell out of the sky; again I saw a fade in the natural ball flight, and a distance of about 235. Forgiveness was a little less on fat shots, and the ball ended up way too high, dropping at about 205-210. Luckily, forgiveness on thin shots (my most common miss) was ample, and the ball still flew quite a ways, albeit with a lower trajectory, and I only lost about 10 yards or so and stayed on line.

Personally, I love this club, and see it in my bag for a long time. It covers my most common miss (low on the face) without sacrificing too much distance. I also like the more balanced weight, as it feels like I have more control on the tempo during the swing. A fairly light fairway wood, and the shallow face definitely helps me get the ball higher (I am a very low ball hitter). And, if you search around, you can find an excellent deal on it (I got mine new for $115, including a sleeve of Nike 20-XIs)

Good Info!

Did you find the deal online?

Yessir... from a dealer my friend recommended to me. Excellent customer service and fast shipping (only 4 business days from CA to MI)

If you're interested, his eBay name is garagesalegolf

Back