No idea if the pics I've seen represent the new Apex or something else entirely.

I'll just say that I hope 2021 is the year that Callaway stops using badges and stickers in their premium forged offerings.
A-men.

Also, where did you see these?

No idea if the pics I've seen represent the new Apex or something else entirely.

I'll just say that I hope 2021 is the year that Callaway stops using badges and stickers in their premium forged offerings.
I can’t comment on this stuff but let’s just say the stuff out there is not the new Apex line as traditionally known.

Man, looked all over. Can't find anything.

It seems the photos I've seen are actually the new X Forged CB..... interesting.

Curious what's inside the little screwed in section behind the sweet spot....

I think the screwed in piece is different weights. You can weight the head differently, I believe

I think the screwed in piece is different weights. You can weight the head differently, I believe
Yeah, seems like for swing weighting I suppose.

I think they look pretty sweet.

Yeah, seems like for swing weighting I suppose.

I think they look pretty sweet.
No comment from us yet but we will have some awesome content coming.

It seems the photos I've seen are actually the new X Forged CB..... interesting.

See, wtf? I've seen the X Forged pics. That's not Apex. And I've seen the apex MB's pics. And honestly I'm not in love with the look of either one. Well, the MB's at least.

See, wtf? I've seen the X Forged pics. That's not Apex. And I've seen the apex MB's pics. And honestly I'm not in love with the look of either one. Well, the MB's at least.
Yep, not Apex. Not sure I can change the thread title, so...

Latest I saw on actually Apex and Apex pro would be next year.

I’ve seen both and not a fan of either look. I know in hand pictures tend to be better, but thankfully these are out of the range for my skillset so it won’t matter either way.

No comment from us yet but we will have some awesome content coming.
This is exciting to say the least. The 2019 Apex / Apex Pro irons are some of my favorite irons that Callaway has produced

Aren’t the MB and XForged in that realm? The Players distances are a little different than those 2 models. Are you wanting something like the 790s or Forged Tec?

Pretty excited to see the new Apex line if that's really being released early next year. I bet the GrandMama team gets a crack at them first.

Pretty excited to see the new Apex line if that's really being released early next year. I bet the GrandMama team gets a crack at them first.

Over the course of the year, the line was pretty much #1 in sales.

Do they roll with Maverick 2.0 or change it up. I cant stand the name personally.

X-Forged CB.....Get in my bag!
Just imagine the internet golfer setup possibilities with those screw on weight thingys.

I think if I got an electric shock to the genitals every time I clicked on this thread I'd still be unable to resist when it's bumped to the top of the page. The fact that they're pulling some current Apex stuff just has me going crazy.

I am a little bummed there will be a new Apex as I just got my new ones but I do love them.

I think if I got an electric shock to the genitals every time I clicked on this thread I'd still be unable to resist when it's bumped to the top of the page. The fact that they're pulling some current Apex stuff just has me going crazy.

Right there with you.

Callaway Japan site already has the Apex MB, X Forged CB, and Utility up. Hopefully it's ok to link?

here

Does that say 21 deg 6i? :oops:

Callaway Japan site already has the Apex MB, X Forged CB, and Utility up. Hopefully it's ok to link?

here
"The development of the new model "X FORGED CB Iron" began with a different perspective on forged irons. Professionals and advanced players do not need a high initial velocity, but above all, feel and resistance to miss hits. However, there was a limit to the conventional one-piece structure. Callaway has a four-piece design with a soft iron forged body, a muscle-back-like shape and a grooved face that is also used in wedges, and two tungsten weights. This makes it possible to obtain an unprecedented level of forgiveness in addition to the best feel and controllability. A new style of forged iron that goes beyond forged irons. That is the "X FORGED CB Iron".

That's ... interesting.

Toe side tungsten to 'move the CG to the middle' and that rear badging is a tungsten weight to 'lower the CG and add forgiveness'. Paraphrasing that last.

It is crazy weird how they mention a FEW times that they are de-emphasizing initial velocity thoughts for this club. That has to be a backwards way of saying they made it a more modern, multi-piece construction, but didn't want to make the face hotter along with that.

UT is hollow, flash faced (cup), MIM tungsten rear weighting. The blending will be interesting. Stock shafted with the Neo's.

MB supposed to compact (shocker) with less perceived offset than previous. Man, I'm not near my stuff. They have to be talking about the roll at the neck. Like a straight neck. Isn't that what they're called? Doesn't Miura make some? And the screw is indeed for swing weighting, but can't be removed or replaced, so .. that's stupid.

Last edited:
Back