New Arccos update

Rusty Dave

#staffproto
Reaction score
Handicap
The new software looks great. I already enjoyed the old app. The new app looks like it takes it to the next level.

aa720704b15a035aa3d87cc58575229f.jpg

ce637aca0a0ada2353d73209ce6e98dd.jpg

5381e34479b73a215e768acc05afeae0.jpg

I need to spend some time this year figuring out how to better use arccos. I love the potential but would prefer minimal need for fiddling with my phone or watch during a round. My first couple of tries end of last year were a bit frustrating. Hopefully the new software makes the usage easier without losing features.

I need to spend some time this year figuring out how to better use arccos. I love the potential but would prefer minimal need for fiddling with my phone or watch during a round. My first couple of tries end of last year were a bit frustrating. Hopefully the new software makes the usage easier without losing features.

I used it every game last year. Got pretty good with it. Put my iPhone on do not disturb and got pretty quick with it. Replaced my skycaddie SGX.

I used it every game last year. Got pretty good with it. Put my iPhone on do not disturb and got pretty quick with it. Replaced my skycaddie SGX.

This is good to hear. I would standing on a tee box after finishing a hole and rather than seeing anything helpful for my next shot, arccos was still trying to play the last hole. Probably user error.

I see the newer Android app has options for galaxy /android wearables. I knew the Apple watch was supported but had not heard about Android watches. I don't wear a watch when golfing so I'm still waiting on the Link that keeps getting delayed but it was promising to see pictures of it from the PGA show!

Interesting indeed. I had a shot scope but returned it after a few rounds because it would constantly miss shots and miss entire holes. Wonder if this is a better setup. I wouldn’t mind tagging them either like the original game golf where you had to tap it. A watch is no good for me and I can’t see how others use one. My wrists must be flexible because the back of my hand constantly hits next hole or something and after two practice swings and a real shot I’m suddenly 4 holes ahead and it’s missing shots. Arrcos seems to be the best right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will hopefully be able to put new updates to work this weekend to check it out. (y)

I am as loyal an Arccos user at they come and think the technology is phenomenal. I've beta tested the update and it's great, but like many of their other updates lately, it will overwhelm the average golfer. I actually silenced notifications on the Team Arccos page because I got tired of the constant bitching - most of it beta stuff that should have never been released to to the general public.

Arccos is at an interesting turning point. Users ask for more and more functionality and Arccos does its best to accommodate. But by doing so, Arccos makes the user experience less simplistic than "find the course, hit play and swing and while that is a benefit to users like me, it just confuses the average golfer.

Looking forward to trying it out myself.

I am as loyal an Arccos user at they come and think the technology is phenomenal. I've beta tested the update and it's great, but like many of their other updates lately, it will overwhelm the average golfer. I actually silenced notifications on the Team Arccos page because I got tired of the constant bitching - most of it beta stuff that should have never been released to to the general public.

Arccos is at an interesting turning point. Users ask for more and more functionality and Arccos does its best to accommodate. But by doing so, Arccos makes the user experience less simplistic than "find the course, hit play and swing and while that is a benefit to users like me, it just confuses the average golfer.

As someone in product development, this is a challenge for many companies & product managers. It's easy to make a product that does a lot but to make it functional/usable is tricky.

I did the update on the Galaxy today. Hope to use it sometime soon. Still not keen on the phone in the pocket, especially the larger phones.

probably need to have an opt-in option for most of the more advanced stuff. I just got a system and haven't used it for my first round, but will this weekend. cant wait.

I did the update on the Galaxy today. Hope to use it sometime soon. Still not keen on the phone in the pocket, especially the larger phones.
This is exactly why I preordered the Link the second it was announced.. With the expectation that it would release early last year.. Then summer, then fall.. And now "by the end of this year". It can't get here soon enough.. Don't like the phone in my front pocket!

I wish it did a better job detecting chips and shots around the green

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I wish it did a better job detecting chips and shots around the green

I had this issue as well around the greens, but I was able to resolve most of that by taking a full practice swing before I got into my normal routine which helped pair the club with the app.

I like the update.

I had this issue as well around the greens, but I was able to resolve most of that by taking a full practice swing before I got into my normal routine which helped pair the club with the app.
I'll give this a try. Thanks!

Is this system worth it if you don't have Arccos in your whole setup? I have a Cobra 3 wood and Cobra 4-PW with the sensors in them. I ordered the clubs with the sensors because there was no extra charge to me so why not? But I actually haven't used them because I figured you'd need a whole set to make them worth it.

Is this system worth it if you don't have Arccos in your whole setup? I have a Cobra 3 wood and Cobra 4-PW with the sensors in them. I ordered the clubs with the sensors because there was no extra charge to me so why not? But I actually haven't used them because I figured you'd need a whole set to make them worth it.
I don’t think you can even use the system without a putter sensor.

Just an FYI - if you do end up setting those clubs up and using the app, there is an annual charge ($99 I believe) after a free-trial period. Also, Cobra usually has no issues sending you the screw-in sensors for your other clubs/putter if you bought a cobra-connect iron set, they do that so you have a full set of sensors.

I love Arccos, but have had some bad times with it... mostly that was from trying to use the watch to read the shots. Went back to phone in pocket for my last few rounds and it has worked like a charm. Reminds me how great the app is. But the struggle to update and make more for those that use it vs keeping it simple for new users is tough. I also think they are getting to a point where they are going to have to go back to charging for more than just the hardware, but that is a discussion for another time.

Just an FYI - if you do end up setting those clubs up and using the app, there is an annual charge ($99 I believe) after a free-trial period. Also, Cobra usually no issues sending you the screw-in sensors for your other clubs/putter if you bought a cobra-connect iron set, they do that so you have a full set of sensors.
Awesome! I had no idea about that!

The apple watch was ok previously, doesn't look like they've updated as of yet.

I don’t think you can even use the system without a putter sensor.
Hmmm. I wonder. I know you have to have at least 8 clubs paired to use it, but I don't know if putter is a required one.

I love Arccos, but have had some bad times with it... mostly that was from trying to use the watch to read the shots. Went back to phone in pocket for my last few rounds and it has worked like a charm. Reminds me how great the app is. But the struggle to update and make more for those that use it vs keeping it simple for new users is tough. I also think they are getting to a point where they are going to have to go back to charging for more than just the hardware, but that is a discussion for another time.
They actually are in the process of doing that - $99 annual subscription after year 1 whether you buy the grips or the screw-in sensors. I do believe the screw-in sensor prices dropped.

What I think they need is a tiered offering - some annual fee that gives you the GPS and shot tracking abilities, and then another fee for the caddie option and the detailed statistics.

The phone beta release was such a bad idea. I am involved in the private beta testing and all the issues that I see over-and-over with the watch on the public beta side are the same annoying issues that would occasionally pop up on our private beta testing side. The difference is that I am enough of a tinkerer that I can usually figure out why the bug occurred but the general public beta user is not like that.

If I just put the phone in my pocket and do not use the watch for any shot recording, my experience is nearly flawless - there is the missed putt or extra putt here and there but nothing that cannot be fixed easily on the fly.

Then the link - man that's a sore subject. Vaperware has destroyed so many good companies with great ideas. Get it to 99% before you even announce it. Unfortunately there are still a number of users that Pre-ordered it demanding a refund, but forgets that Arccos has not charged anyone for it yet.

Now they have released an Android watch beta and its opening a whole can of worms they don't need. Android can be so finicky due to all the different Android hardware out there. When there is an Android issue posted on Team Arccos, it can usually be traced back to some oddball setting on the phone or some junk phone made with sub-par components that the user got as a freebie when signing up for a new phone plan.

With this new release, I can already see Major issue #1 - Plays like is completely off!!! One thing I noticed on the beta testing is that several holes showed "live" weather that was no where close to actual conditions. The wind tends to swirl a lot at my home course (I still cannot figure out how 18 holes can all be played into the wind), and the closest live weather station that feeds the National Weather Service is not near the course - the one on the course has not been operational in years. I know that I cannot rely on live weather data.

So I see it now "Why is Arccos telling me to hit my PW that normally goes 130 into a green that is 135 yards away and the wind is gusting in my face?" Again, it's not Arccos - its the data - garbage in / garbage out. How many times does the weather show rain and we dry or vice versa.

Back