New Arccos update

I've used them for a few rounds so far and honestly after the first few holes i forgot my Iphone was even in my pocket.

What is the range between the sensors and the phone?

If I recall correctly it's more just how Arccos works for shot detection. The sensors and your phone are working together. Unlike gamegolf that is basically tagging and dropping a pin, your phones microphone and I believe gyro are being used to detect if a swing is happening. It's not just have it near you, its have it on you in the right position.

Additionally, it's been long delayed but Arccos is releasing a clip on device called link that will remove the requirement of having your phone in your pocket.

If the phone in your pocket is a dealbreaker, check out shotscope as well which has a dedicated GPS watch. Arccos has the ability to pair with an apple watch and android wear so that is also an option as well.

For you Arrcos users, I am switching from GameGolf. I'm having a hard time imagining the phone in my pocket for an entire round. I'll try it but I'm not excited about it. I'm looking forward to the belt clip coming out this spring sometime.

Having said that, I will start with the phone (I use a Garmin watch so the Apple Watch or android watch are not an option). Do any of you:
1) I walk a push cart when I play so the cart is always within 10-30 feet of me. Is that close enough for the sensor to register a shot? I could mount the phone on a phone clip on the cart.
2) do any of you use a belt clip for your phone instead of having in your pocket?

Thanks in advance

This was a major concern of mine as well. But I now have 18 holes registered and have played with my phone in my pocket. Honestly, have not really noticed it all. Now, I took it out of the case, to make it more low profile, and that might be the key.

I did not try to use it without it being in my pocket. I am definitely looking forward to the belt sensor but for now, the pocket will do.

I've used them for a few rounds so far and honestly after the first few holes i forgot my Iphone was even in my pocket.

Totally agree here. Completely forgot about it. Did you take your phone out of the case?

I am looking forward to the Link. That was what ultimately convinced me to switch. I will try the phone in the pocket on Friday to see how that works. Thanks for all of your valuable feedback.

Starting to get used to Arccos. I feel odd when I move from hole to hole. I want some "done with hole" button. There are also times where I wish it would offer me some distance information for a tee shot and it doesn't. Not sure why. Outside of that, the data are humbling but should be helpful as I get in more rounds. I would like to use my Apple Watch but apparently I need 3 rounds in before that becomes possible. So far, however, I don't mind the phone in my front pocket. Little by little I will get the hang of this.

Starting to get used to Arccos. I feel odd when I move from hole to hole. I want some "done with hole" button. There are also times where I wish it would offer me some distance information for a tee shot and it doesn't. Not sure why. Outside of that, the data are humbling but should be helpful as I get in more rounds. I would like to use my Apple Watch but apparently I need 3 rounds in before that becomes possible. So far, however, I don't mind the phone in my front pocket. Little by little I will get the hang of this.

Humbling is a great word. Keeps me honest. I did not realize 3 rounds were needed for the Apple Watch, I wonder why that is?

I am looking forward to the Link. That was what ultimately convinced me to switch. I will try the phone in the pocket on Friday to see how that works. Thanks for all of your valuable feedback.

The link will be great. I wish it wasn't $100, seems a bit pricey.

No idea on the apple watch. I just noticed that message when I tried to turn the "switch" to using the watch.

Gotcha, I will have to look into that. I am wanting to use the watch over the phone at some point.

Totally agree here. Completely forgot about it. Did you take your phone out of the case?
Nope left it in my case and this coming from someone who refused to try these for the longest time because of the thought of having my phone in my pocket. It turned out to be no big deal at all

I have used Arrcos for 2 years and really like it. Sadly the batteries are dying and I can't even screw in the old set since there are no holes.
Don't know if I will spend the money on a new set or Arrcos grips.

I think the software has come a long way in the last 2 years and if they could just get the device to get rid of the phone in the pocket to market they could really take off.
I have always thought there might be a merger between Arrcos and GG at somepoint. GG seemed to have a edge in tech but never inked a OEM deal.

Looking forward to giving this a try. I’ve got a set on order... should be here early next week. I’m still hesitant on the whole phone in pocket thing, but I’ll tough it out for the required rounds so I can use my Apple Watch.

Looking forward to giving this a try. I’ve got a set on order... should be here early next week. I’m still hesitant on the whole phone in pocket thing, but I’ll tough it out for the required rounds so I can use my Apple Watch.
I have played the past year and a half with my cell phone in my pocket and it's not near as annoying as I thought it would be. I am going to try the link if it ever releases..

I have used Arrcos for 2 years and really like it. Sadly the batteries are dying and I can't even screw in the old set since there are no holes.
Don't know if I will spend the money on a new set or Arrcos grips.

I think the software has come a long way in the last 2 years and if they could just get the device to get rid of the phone in the pocket to market they could really take off.
I have always thought there might be a merger between Arrcos and GG at somepoint. GG seemed to have a edge in tech but never inked a OEM deal.

I never thought about the grip knobs dying.. That is good to know it is about 2 years.

You have seen the new belt sensor coming out, right?

If you take your phone case off, I am telling you.. You will not even notice it. You may not even need to transition to the watch!

I have played the past year and a half with my cell phone in my pocket and it's not near as annoying as I thought it would be. I am going to try the link if it ever releases..
I’ve read a few people say that too... I tried for a round last year while I was on call with work and it wasn’t my favourite. Lol maybe I won’t mind as much when it’s for a better reason?

If you take your phone case off, I am telling you.. You will not even notice it. You may not even need to transition to the watch!
This gives me anxiety just thinking of it! I’d definitely drop my phone.

I never thought about the grip knobs dying.. That is good to know it is about 2 years.

You have seen the new belt sensor coming out, right?
Yes I preordered it last year and was disappointed with everyone else.
My issue now is that I have 3 or 4 clubs that the sensors aren't working.

The Phone in the pocket was never a issue for me and I have a Samsung Note8 which isn't small.

This gives me anxiety just thinking of it! I’d definitely drop my phone.

Haha fair enough. The grass is soft, just avoid the cart paths lol

Yes I preordered it last year and was disappointed with everyone else.
My issue now is that I have 3 or 4 clubs that the sensors aren't working.

The Phone in the pocket was never a issue for me and I have a Samsung Note8 which isn't small.

That is a buzz kill. You still have not got the preorder from placing it a year ago?

Yes, humbling, liberating as well. When I realize far I was actually hitting the ball I seen that it didn’t jive with the tees I was playing. Moving up to the appropriate tees has greatly increased my enjoyment.

That is a buzz kill. You still have not got the preorder from placing it a year ago?
No, They had hoped to have it out last year then I got a email in the fall stating it wasn't ready.
I still think Arccos and GG would be a perfect merger. GG has the Tech and Arccos has the OEM deals.

No, They had hoped to have it out last year then I got a email in the fall stating it wasn't ready.
I still think Arccos and GG would be a perfect merger. GG has the Tech and Arccos has the OEM deals.

True that. Would be a great merger.

Back