Which bag do you think I should go with?

• 2015 Srixon Z Cart

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Bag Boy Revolver FX

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Srixon Tour Cart Bag

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Other: Please post which and why!

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

Stryker

#NothingFeelsLikeAMizuno
Reaction score
So I have ordered a new set of irons and I am considering a new bag as well. I wanted to get some thoughts on the ones I am looking at based on why I am looking at them and some feedback. Basically, my initial quest for a new bag started because I am getting Srixon irons and wanted a Srixon bag but it has evolved a little. Here are the ones I am looking at and what I like about each one as well as some other thoughts:

FCF617FD-5F41-42B7-A3E0-AFCB983CC686.png
2015 Srixon Z Cart bag. This was the first one that caught my attention. I like it because it has 14 dividers plus a 15th for the putter well. That is good for me because it gives me an extra place to shove my kiddo’s wedge and putter when he is out with me or a ball retriever if I am on a course where I tend to find a lot of balls in the water I will use for practice balls in the yard. The biggest downside is it is a 2015 and I will have to find one used somewhere which probably means by the time I buy the bag and pay for shipping I could buy a new bag.

25F54B03-5AD0-4A4E-AD48-9CDEA32D4125.png
Bag Boy Revolver FX. I like this bag mostly because of the way you can clip each club in place and cut down on bag chatter. I do wonder how that particular feature and the revolving feature will hold up over time. It seems there was a previous model with not 1 but 2 putter wells also that I would prefer for the same reason I would like an extra slot on the previous bag however they are not very easy to find and the ones I see used look rough and the colors don’t appeal to me. There are only 2 colors in this model I actually like and they are both out of stock pretty much everywhere that has it at a decent price. It is also not a Srixon bag which was kind of the point when I started looking.

6897988C-00A3-4439-81C9-88F26510A5A9.png

Srixon Tour Cart Bag. This one I am really leaning towards. A cart bag with staff bag looks and a 14 way divider. It is also a couple years old but I have found one new online at an amazing price with free shipping. It won’t have that 15th slot though, which I don’t have now, or prevent any bag chatter, which I also don’t have now, but looks fantastic. I am a little concerned that it may be a bit on the large and heavy side and wonder how good that white bag is going to look after a year of a couple rounds a week year round. I also wonder how much room is really in the pockets.

Those are the main three I am looking at. You can kind of see I like having at least 14 dividers and would love one with a 15th. Anti chatter options are also an option that peaks my interest but I don’t think either is a deal breaker. I am open to thoughts on each and maybe some recommendations on them as well as anything else someone thinks will be a good fit for me.

Thanks!

Tour bag all the way...

I had a stand bag for many years.
At one point I said I wanted more room and was never going to worry about needing stands, so I had gone through 2 staff bags in 5 years, bad decision.
Not only did I look like that guy with a staff bag, but the damn thing didn’t fit on a cart properly and when I was out practicing and there was any wind it would want to blow the bag over..
Im back to a stand bag.
Your going to want a stand bag.

I'd go with the tour cart bag. Those new irons would look great in it!

I had a stand bag for many years.
At one point I said I wanted more room and was never going to worry about needing stands, so I had gone through 2 staff bags in 5 years, bad decision.
Not only did I look like that guy with a staff bag, but the damn thing didn’t fit on a cart properly and when I was out practicing and there was any wind it would want to blow the bag over..
Im back to a stand bag.
Your going to want a stand bag.
I have a special edition Callaway Michelob Ultra stand bag that I rarely use. I do pull it out if I am going to a long range session sometimes but most of the time that isn’t required because the ranges I frequent have stands for my bag.

I also am not at all worried about anyone else’s perception about my bag if I go with a staff bag type. I just feel like I do me and they do themself and that’s that.

I agree with staff bags being big on a cart but that particular bag is actually a cart bag designed for cart use. That is why it appeals to me because it still has that staff bag look but cart bag design.

Thanks for the input!

I've never really understood the allure of a Tour bag. Always used a stand bag, and sure the Tour bags look slightly better, but I never feel like i need more space.

I did forget to mention there is a stand bag and currently 3 cart bags in my possession. One cart bag is brand new but I have a buddy that wants it. One has a broken buckle on the strap that just annoys me. And the other is my 2018 MC bag that will always be in my possession and is my current gamer. The spares just hold my assortment of random clubs I don’t use, rotate in the bag, or loan to a friend during a round that wants to try something different.

I have the Ogio RTC. I get the room and organization a cart bag has with the stand feature for work on the range. I like the 14 way top with the large, separate well that has plenty of room for a putter, orange whip and a couple of other clubs.

I voted tour bag but if the 2015 Srixon was an amazing deal I could see it. Those irons deserve a bag as sweet as the clubs

I chose other. Reason being Ive always had a cart bag, but them on the range, so in the hunt for a 14-way bag that functions like a cart bag, but has a stand there's not many options. I quickly ended up with the OGIO 514 RTC and have never looked back. LOVE the bag, holds everything I need, works great on my push cart, and the legs are solid when on the range and tuck away nicely when not in use.

I like the Z cart bag. Simple, plenty of storage.

I'd go cart bag. Tour bag, for me, would likely never see the course as I would enjoy looking at it too much in my man cave. (y)

I'd go cart bag. Tour bag, for me, would likely never see the course as I would enjoy looking at it too much in my man cave. (y)
The thing is that one is not a “Tour” bag in the sense that it is a staff bag like what you see used on tour. It is literally a cart bag but it just has the tour bag look. I get what you are saying too and that thought crossed my mind but it is designed to have the amazing look and feel of a tour bag while still being a cart bag.

Tour cart!

Looking like a clear winner here. Going to wait until tomorrow then pull the trigger if nobody changes my mind.

Yeah, between these options Tour bag all the way.

either of the srixons, but probably the tour cart bag. Almost bought it myself many times.

I really like my stand bag, but that tour cart option sure is nice!! That’s my vote.

Hold off and get what you want. If it's the 2015 bag, get that.

Hold off and get what you want. If it's the 2015 bag, get that.
None of them have every single thing I would like. I don’t think there is a bag that will. I was and am still leaning towards the Tour Cart bag.

Titleist Premium mid size staff bag or premium stadry cart bag if you want the 15 dividers, gorgeous imho 👍

Question for you based on experience I just encountered. What cart will you be putting the bag onto?
Reason for asking is I have a Sun Mountain C130, and a Clicgear 4 and the two don't quit fit properly on together at the top strap as it doesn't really stretch enough. Thread here if you want a read. So just be careful if that is the model you have too, that the straps will actually fit. Luckily the C130 has it's own velcro straps for stability which I can use but the cart itself is too short on the top straps.

Back