VA. Vince

SC bound...
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 15.1
Tell me everything you know. I have 2 places we are looking to move to and this is one of them. Work, people, lifestyle, golf and everything you know to share.

Welcome to THP.

All of the time I spent there was in the 70's and 80's, so too dated to mean anything I guess. Always loved it there, small town atmosphere, not too far from the beaches. There was a great Country Club there too IIRC. Really nice parkland style that was always in immaculate condition.

JM

All of the time I spent there was in the 70's and 80's, so too dated to mean anything I guess. Always loved it there, small town atmosphere, not too far from the beaches. There was a great Country Club there too IIRC. Really nice parkland style that was always in immaculate condition.

JM

Thanks, this is what I was looking for.

Anyone else been here lately?

Thanks, this is what I was looking for.

Anyone else been here lately?

I grew up in Greenville, about 45 minutes or so away from New Bern. I haven't spent extensive time there or visited New Bern in a long time, but there are few nice courses from what I remember--The Emerald, Taberna, New Bern Country Club, and River Bend (I think). New Bern definitely has a small town Eastern North Carolina feel to it. It is on the Neuse River with lots of great views--a lot of people are into fishing, boating, skiing, etc. Like John said, you are close to the beach too--30 to 45 minutes from Atlantic beach.

Small town feel I have not spent much time there at all but it's a decent little town. I work in Greenville and occasionally have to go into New Burn . I think they just won some awards through a few magazines judging small towns to live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, Nicolas Sparks lives there. Do with that information what you will.

Thanks all, This time next year I will most likely be here or NMB.

My brother lives there (he's a Marine at Cherry Point). I visited a few years ago. It was a nice town, just not my style of living.

Don't have much to offer advice-wise, but it was a nice enough town. It could certainly be a lot worse. Played golf on the base and it was okay for a base course, but I'm sure there are better ones in the area.

You can get some pretty good housing deals in Longs and Little River.

Yeah the housing deals are sick. I found a house 1 block from the inter-coastal for $175, thats insane. BUT I will also need to find a job. Thanks man.

Back