AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
20200928_141020.jpg

20200928_141037.jpg

20200928_141053.jpg

If your brand new shafts, from the manufacturer, showed up with a more than casual amount of visual rust, how would you feel?

I'm just curious, because I have done a ton of club work in the past year, and purchased hundreds of shafts, and this was a new one to me. I mean, I don't know how well things will show in pictures, but there's actually solid rust flakes bouncing around in the bag. I feel... not filled with joy about that.

I would get ahold of CS, those would be going back.

As a non builder. Is that a portion that would be trimmed off?

As a non builder. Is that a portion that would be trimmed off?
Well cutting off or gripping over the part that rusted under a sticker doesn't really bother me. The fact that it is obviously shaking loose from the inside does. I feel like there's a storage failure somewhere along it's (long?) life journey.

Yeah I'd be calling customer service and sending those back.

I’d be looking for a resolution with the manufacturer.

Well, considering there's a photo floating around here somewhere that shows a couple of steel shafts that have broken at the hosel and we can almost plainly see the rust inside the shaft, I'd call customer service about it... or swap them out for graphite.

Last edited:
So... graphite's a no then. Ok.:LOL:

Seriously, call customer service and see what they say. Hopefully they make it right

Now I know those are going back and its killing you because those were supposed to be installed today.

I would send them back.. Not risking having the shafts snap due to rust damage on the inside. Looks like old stock or improper storage.

That's going back. Something went wrong with storage.

Now I know those are going back and its killing you because those were supposed to be installed today.
Heads were already prepped..

they pay shipping return right?

So... graphite's a no then. Ok.:LOL:

Seriously, call customer service and see what they say. Hopefully they make it right
I already emailed them and sent pictures.

they pay shipping return right?
They better. I'm going to be beyond annoyed already if I have to wait until they get these back for them to send new ones. I've ordered... ?? a LOT of shafts from them.

I’d be looking for a resolution with the manufacturer.

Concur. That’s crap. Even if functional it’ll be in your head. You don’t want that.

On a personal note, the finger not down the shaft thing only works on 3.0+ size grips. With a 2.0 slim, you are screwed.

I tired and made nothing. My lags were great, finger down shaft. I was onto something. But have to have a bigger grip. With the 2.0 I could feel every tiny mishit that caused a miss.

Well cutting off or gripping over the part that rusted under a sticker doesn't really bother me. The fact that it is obviously shaking loose from the inside does. I feel like there's a storage failure somewhere along it's (long?) life journey.

agree, I was just curious practically what the impact would be if trimmed or it could be trimmed off. Not saying there is not reason for concern or to not reach out to customer service.

that 100% should be done.

Heads were already prepped..
Yeah I kind of figured that. I’m waiting on an adapter and just found my epoxy leaked out. Fortunately I have time to get some before it arrives.

So have you contacted them yet.

Yeah I kind of figured that. I’m waiting on an adapter and just found my epoxy leaked out. Fortunately I have time to get some before it arrives.
That is fortunate. Sucks you lost the epoxy though.

I have not the time. I'm playing tomorrow. Fortunately, I accidentally ordered a couple extra wedges recently, and then bought yet another. :p

That would definitely make me irritated and call the people I purchased them from.

So have you contacted them yet.
Yeah. I sent some pics. Which is good, because I had to put them away. I kind of got reprimanded for having rusty shafts and bags on the carpet. lol

Just checked and I did not hear back from them today. Trying to stay in my wise mind about that, but together this a wide departure from my past dealings with them.

Back