New Club Superstitions or Traditions?

BigDill

2023 Morgan Cup - Team Hackers - Cobra Golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone have a tradition, superstition or process when they get new irons or a new club? Maybe you rub some dirt on them, or say a little prayer.

I have never been someone who is superstitious, but I figured I would try something a bit different this time and maybe generate a little bit of good luck before my first round with my new Srixon ZX5/ZX7 combo set.

View attachment IMG_1929.MOV

That was awesome to watch!!!!!

I love that bag setup with the mixed OEMs

If I did that I’d infuse mine with some mesquite, creosote, ocotillo and palo verde so they’d be used to all the desert shrubbery right from the start! 😆

I'm not a superstitious person by any stretch of one's imagination. The only thing I ever did with new clubs was "baby" them for the first few weeks. Taking more unplayable lies, (with penalties) constant cleanings, and wipe downs. That sort of things.

@Tevenor hopefully the video of me using the smoking gun again didn’t trigger you.

With golf clubs no. When I was playing baseball I would sleep with a new glove or bat so we had a connection. I think my wife would frown upon sharing the bed with a new set of irons.

Haha That's hilarious.

I'm not superstitious. That's a no win path for me.

My wife sages things like crazy and would get a kick out of your video. She'll never see it though, because if she does she will want to sage my clubs. And other things. After she finds and buys one of those smoking guns of course... and I'm superstitious (?) about her spending my money and touching my ****. :LOL:

give it that good juju!

I usually bounce a ball off the face a couple times.

I really couldn’t figure out what you had going on. If you were about to throw them in the smoker or take a bath with them.

I really couldn’t figure out what you had going on. If you were about to throw them in the smoker or take a bath with them.
My wife tolerates a lot, as you can see.

I have a Shinto Priest bless them then Norse gods pee on them to balance it all out.

In the end I fail them way before they fail me.

ZX5/ZX7 Combo brother!
You're gonna love them!
Now you got me thinking.
What could I do to give them good vibes?

I’m pretty sure that...

Just ask my wife!🙄

You got to do what you got to do.:ROFLMAO:

Don’t be making fun of big dill.

I’m probably thinking of @LLIB (You both good as far as I’m concerned).

Either way they’re both cool in my my book. Don’t make fun of, lol. (You cool too:)).

@BigDill you are a Golf Master. That was amazing.

I usually like to take my brand new club to the warmup area of the course I'm about to play and hit crappy range balls with it. It's even better when a little sand gets mixed in and it leaves a scar at the top line of the face/crown intersection or just a shiny spot on the face that sticks out like a sore thumb.

Seriously, I don't enjoy this or do it intentionally, it's just what seems to happen.:banghead:

With new clubs I usually spend 45 minutes getting the stickers off, ala @baylrballa. Then when I get to the course and pull the club out I have this smile that says, yes, this is indeed a new club!

Then depending on the first swing, the smile stays, or I regret my purchase :ROFLMAO:. Only half joking, it gets a good workout, before I decide its fate.

Never tried misting it with sage though....

Are you Kyrie Irving? LOL.

Hope it works!

Anyone have a tradition, superstition or process when they get new irons or a new club? Maybe you rub some dirt on them, or say a little prayer.

I have never been someone who is superstitious, but I figured I would try something a bit different this time and maybe generate a little bit of good luck before my first round with my new Srixon ZX5/ZX7 combo set.

View attachment 8995438

Back