New CNCPT Irons from Titleist

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in April of 2019, Titleist introduced their first lineup of CNCPT irons. Unique in design and reminiscent of the concept definition used in the automobile industry.

This is less about the current landscape of equipment and more about freedom to pursue what could exist if there were no cost barriers. CNCPT is designed to free up Titleist engineers to make the impossible, possible.

1Feature-1-1024x692.jpg

The original line consisted of CP-01 and CP-02 and the latter is staying in line and available along with the new CP-03 and CP-04 beginning today. Director of Irons Development at Titlest had this to say.

“We’re on the journey to not only design the ultimate iron – but actually figure out how to make it. We’ve made a huge leap forward with the discovery of this supermetal alloy – the material is so strong and resilient that we’re able to forge iron faces even thinner than we once...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
They look amazing for sure. I would love a set of the CP-03s.

I was really reading it, really into it, until the last line....

These are definitely cool even though they are not in the vast majority of golfer's price range. I think a lot of what they did in past lines started showing up in T-MB's, then the U500-U510 line, and definitely in the T400 lineup. I like this concept idea in golf lines. It gives the companies a way to try exotic things and kind of creates a Northstar for their product lines for the next couple of release cycles. Particularly for Titleist on a 2 year window for irons if something expensive really works they can go out and line up supply and manufacturing and bring the cost down for mass production in that window.

These look badass! I will definitely be going to a fitting for these & THEY will be in the bag ;)

Those might be the sexiest looking irons I have ever laid eyes on BUT no way in hell at $500/club

They look fantastic! 100 grams of tungsten; wow!

Looking at those pics all I could think of is when I was a little kid at a car show and my dad leaned down and said "No son, you can't touch or have that. It's not for people like us, we make do with what we have..."

Enjoy seeing Titleist continue this trend, there’s some very cool design stuff going on for sure. Visually, they just don’t check the box for me though, that said, would definitely hit them if I ever saw them in the wild.

Yeah those sound amazing, but when three clubs cost more than just about any other set on the market I'm out. However, should I hit the powerball those CP-03s sound pretty amazing.

$500 per club? They look good, but wow!!

i'm getting a nike slingshot vibe from that cp03

They look amazing and are packing a lot of tech in there. It will be cool to see what filters down to the mainstream line in a few years.

These look really good and it's a good story that is easy to tell. Hollow body irons and I haven't really gotten along, but I still would like to take some swings with CP-03 line.

Would give these a spin. The lofts are not as strong as I thought they would be.

Damn those are some sexy looking irons.

I dig the looks honestly. The amount of tungsten in these heads is impressive. I only got to hit the previous concept irons once by chance, so I doubt I'll end up seeing these in the wild.

They look and sounds amazing. As they certainly should for $500 per club.

While the price is high, if the performance is there these will sell.

The last line was placed last for a reason, would have saved some time reading if it was mentioned first.

My take away on this release is that since these are “prototype” or concepts, that hopefully some of this technology funnels down into Titleist’s mainstream line up. You can pay for it now at $500 a club, or wait and see if the OEM can make the manufacturing process more cost efficient. But, the downside is, that could be 5..10 years...or possibly never. The looks of these aren’t exactly my cup of tea, but the tech story here is fascinating!

Big, big fan of these designs but I’d have to use iron covers, so I can’t do it.
Totally hypothetical question... If they would take you to scratch, would you fork out the money and buy a set of iron covers?

I typically am not a fan of hollow body. Haven't hit one that felt/sounded right. But I would love to hit the cp2 or 3 (well really all of them but those look the best to me). Just probably would never buy them. A bit outside of my budget haha

Back