New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New irons coming from Cobra Golf and we have the full details on the home page here.

• Admin
2D02F94A-32F0-4A6E-A353-B3D3641F5D6A.jpeg

Oh man oh man. Players distance and these look absolutely fantastic! Very informative video on the make up and design of these on the home page.

Enjoyed the video with TO. Its super interesting to me that this style of iron has really taken off and become a thing. Its a category that has grabbed my interest so these are undoubtedly on my radar. Is Cobra "injecting" the microspheres in to the head like TM does with SpeedFoam or is their process different in that area?

Whoa, nice! Another one. The trend is def here. That looks pretty royal.

• Admin
Enjoyed the video with TO. Its super interesting to me that this style of iron has really taken off and become a thing. Its a category that has grabbed my interest so these are undoubtedly on my radar. Is Cobra "injecting" the microspheres in to the head like TM does with SpeedFoam or is their process different in that area?

To me they are all done similarly (not the irons, but the process), but TaylorMade really marketed it that way.

This is quite the style departure from the previous Forged Tec and probably an indicator of what to expect for the next gen of Pro irons.

I love the styling on the previous gen and have own both prior versions. Not sure how I feel on looks on this one yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I am really liking these. I think these will be very popular, especially the graphite version with the Catalyst shaft as the stock option. True to form, that’s one heck of a value from Cobra at that price point.

Great video from Dan and TO!!!

Players Distance!!! The feel, the looks AND the Distance!!!

Forged PWRShell is great, Really liked the sound is past iterations of Cobra irons.

Injected head should feel great cannot wait to hit them.

Project X Catalyst as a Stock Shaft is AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIINNNNNNGG

Nice interview Dan. Looks like more of a revolution than an evolution on this line.

Cobra as usual packs lots of tech in their design and combines with premium shafts and grips, all the while pricing lower than the competition. These should be very popular.

These look very nice. Cobra is definitely impressing; they have been on an upward trend for some time.

mine thing does jump out - I would have liked to seen the Cobra logo somewhere on the club (apologies if I missed it)

A lot to like going on here. Great little video running it down and a whole lot of tech, also no surprise they’re in on the hollow body movement now.

My only personal thing is the giant KING lettering, little bold for me on an iron who’s lines are otherwise so so clean. But, I know most here will go crazy for it.

I love seeing Cobra join the market with this type of iron. I'm pretty surprised though that they used the Forged Tec name for it rather than something new. It makes me wonder if maybe the Forged Tour could make a return. Either way it looks like another great offering.

Sleek looking iron but I agree with Jman that the king is just a bit too much. I would prefer the cobra logo

I like the look of these, nice and clean. A category that has interested me in the past adds another player.

A lot to like going on here. Great little video running it down and a whole lot of tech, also no surprise they’re in on the hollow body movement now.

My only personal thing is the giant KING lettering, little bold for me on an iron who’s lines are otherwise so so clean. But, I know most here will go crazy for it.

makes it easier for me not to eff up the pink paintfill

Is it a larger stated head compared to others players distance irons? Images make it seem so, too look more like GI irons

I'm not sold on the look yet, something just missing for me, but then again if there's the tech and performance and while help me lower scores I wouldn't particularly care

I think this category of clubs really brings the high single and mid low teens cappers into a spot where distance is now less of a concern.
Would it be a reasonable assertion that this category of irons could help these players shave a few strokes on their caps?

The Apex pros, although not formally having this hollow body construction, distance design has allowed me to get a bit more height and distance which in term has let me go down one club hitting into greens. That one club (or half club) drop has helped more than I though it would.

these look really good. i’m reminded of an exec from another oem who said if you’re not first, be second. basically, don’t be the last to get on a trend bandwagon. i’m curious how these differ from others in the same category. i watched the video, and i’m thinking maybe the pwrshell face is the big differentiator? as well as offering one length.

i hope they retained some of the sound/feel from the last foreged tec. maybe one of my favorite feeling irons of all time.

Wow! Wow. Wow. I’m impressed with what Cobra did here.

I've always known Cobra as a big cavity deep undercut iron, so this is quite the departure. Sticks look good (even though the look is a mishmash of everybody else), offset isn't nutty like others

Is it a larger stated head compared to others players distance irons? Images make it seem so, too look more like GI irons

I'm not sold on the look yet, something just missing for me, but then again if there's the tech and performance and while help me lower scores I wouldn't particularly care

No sir, quite sleek in hand.

these look really good. i’m reminded of an exec from another oem who said if you’re not first, be second. basically, don’t be the last to get on a trend bandwagon. i’m curious how these differ from others in the same category. i watched the video, and i’m thinking maybe the pwrshell face is the big differentiator? as well as offering one length.

i hope they retained some of the sound/feel from the last foreged tec. maybe one of my favorite feeling irons of all time.

They feel and sound really good. Only hit the 7 iron so far, but it sounded good to me.

Wow these look impressive! Super clean design and even though they may be a little late to the party, it looks like they took their time designing these and the package looks fantastic!

Back