New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

So far after many rounds with them I have to say I want to live them but my z565 from Srixon flat out perform them.
I think the stock grips are too big for my hands . Also I seem to be about half club shorter and mishits are worse.
Going to keep working on it how there will be some improvement as I use them more. Will put new grips on soon.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

Got my first round with these in yesterday. I walked away very impressed. Toe misses are very forgiving which is super important to me as that is my miss.

I hit 5i off the tee a couple of times and 4i another time. I’m still building chemistry with the 4 iron, but it will come.

Best shot of the day with these was on 18. I had 188 in and hit a solid 6i to about 8-9 feet. I missed the birdie chance, but a tap on par on 18 at my course? I’ll take all day.

Distances were all solid. Nothing stood out as super wonky which gives me some confidence moving forward as I prepare more for Vegas.

I’m stoked to get these back out again this week.

Just one round in the books with the forged tecs so not ready for full thoughts yet, but I think I've been playing the wrong irons.
The weird/good thing about these is I have no idea where on the face I am making contact. I know I'm not hitting the middle everytime but if I'm anywhere close it feels the same and flies the same. 🤷‍♂️ I'm not used to that.
I might have to break out some contact tape on the range just to see.

The weird/good thing about these is I have no idea where on the face I am making contact. I know I'm not hitting the middle everytime but if I'm anywhere close it feels the same and flies the same. 🤷‍♂️ I'm not used to that.

They're really good with the lateral forgiveness.

Heel shot on the Par 3 145 16th at my course this morning. Not ideal, but center of the green with a back pin - made the birdie.

These definitely minimize my mistakes and I feel confident having the ability to make par or better when I have these in hand (as long as my drive was in play LOL)

Spent a lot of time this morning selling these to my playing partner who is in the market for new irons. Kept talking about P-790s and he kept saying how great mine sounded and I kept telling him that the 790s were not the irons for him.

He was a lefty so I didn't get the chance to let him swing them though.

Can anyone provide (or point me accordingly within this thread if it’s already covered) how the Forged Tecs compare with yesteryear’s Forged Tours? Variable length by the way, and I’ve been playing the Forged Tours for the last 2-3 years so I’m very comfortable with them.

I can overcome the top line and additional offset if other advantages are there. Keen to hear from anyone who has made that switch.

Thanks!

Anyone else not seeing the distance gains touted with these? Bought into the hype and got these to replace my Srixon z565 irons but seem to hit those further.

The one thing these seem to do well is go straight . Very little curve on the ball flight but I find I am 5 to 7 yards shorter than with my srixons.

Anyone else not seeing the distance gains touted with these? Bought into the hype and got these to replace my Srixon z565 irons but seem to hit those further.

The one thing these seem to do well is go straight . Very little curve on the ball flight but I find I am 5 to 7 yards shorter than with my srixons.
I'm genuinely seeing the opposite. Hitting them probably a club longer than my Callaway Rogue Pros, except the PW which seems to not gap terribly well into the 9 and up. I have said that a couple of times, but still not had the lofts checked - just making it work for me at the minute. I'd imagine that everyone's swing is slightly different and not every club will react the same for everyone. Could be a shaft issue maybe, did you get fitted for them?

I will agree with most of this but there is a different sound/feel when you hit the middle

I didn't see any distance gains either. I'm guessing it has to do with spin. What shafts do you have in them?

I'm 1/2 to 3/4 club longer with these than I was with my PTx Pros at a little less effort.

565s have close to comparable lofts I think so you might not get distance gains off of them. Are there different shafts? That would make a difference.

I think I've figured out the GW the last 5 rounds, been a weapon and I really do like it greenside chipping.

I think I've figured out the GW the last 5 rounds, been a weapon and I really do like it greenside chipping.

I'm going to have to try someone's gap wedge in Vegas out of morbid curiosity.

What did you figure out? It's still my least favorite club

i didn’t say it’s out of the basement!

Yes, please unlock the unfathomable mystery of the gw in this set.

Tightened up my swing more consistent with grip pressure and release through the hands seem improved iron performance throughout the set however the improvement was significantly in the GW vs the rest of the set.

Talking GIRs and good proximity to the hole - not on Par with MIM proximity but blends better and is now playable

These clubs continue to feel great but i must say a well struck shot with the 5 iron feels the sweetest of all the clubs

These clubs continue to feel great but i must say a well struck shot with the 5 iron feels the sweetest of all the clubs
I have said from the beginning of my time with these and will continue to say it. The strength of the Forged Tecs is in the mid irons. They are the best I have ever hit in the 5 through 7 irons.

I didn't see any distance gains either. I'm guessing it has to do with spin. What shafts do you have in them?
Have the $taper lite stiff. Not too stiff for me. I am not seeing short yardages just not the same gains as with the Srixon that are linger than any other iron I have hit.. these are no longer than my older forged Tec black or my amp forged before it. Srixon by comparison arer nearly a club longer.

I am wondering if the issues are the gross. Find them oversized comparatively speaking and not very tacky. I tend to not get much of. a draw the ball tends to hang out right a bit more. Maybe that accounts for a few yards. Will. Receipt when season ends in 1 month

I have said from the beginning of my time with these and will continue to say it. The strength of the Forged Tecs is in the mid irons. They are the best I have ever hit in the 5 through 7 irons.

Not when you have a spurt struggling to elevate the ball haha

but yeah i love me some 5-7 iron action when swing is on

I’m still blown away at how forgiving the toe is on these. Had a lesson on Wednesday night and we were working on my early release, hit several toward the toe and my instructor commented that those were still really solid efforts. I’m very excited for Sunday to roll around so I can get another full round in!

Back