New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Shotgunning the beer or the hole in one 😂

Congrats
😂😂😂 sadly many beers have been shotgunned to drown away crappy rounds. Everyone was screaming but i didn’t want to celebrate too much until i actually saw the ball in the hole 😂

thanks man I’m so happy right now i still can’t believe it

Been dialed in with these 8i-GW in our scrambles last couple of weeks - plenty of birdie looks

had my playing partners hit them as well and most of the feedback was great - one of my playing partners has been trying to buy them off me lol

Sell the man those irons already ha ha

Got my first ever hole in one today with my forged tec 9i, one hop and in. Can’t tell you how happy/ drunk i am right now. The guys behind us saw it and immediately threw me a beer to shotgun haha. Never thought this day would happen

Congrats on the HIO!

I have been on a break, but can’t wait to get back out this week with these irons. One nitpick that might bother some is the finish. The raised letters on the back are not holding up on the paint. I won’t mind when it all wears off, but for some reason some are wearing off much faster than others. In no way will this prevent me from playing them for years, but thought I would mention it. Here are pictures of my 6 and 7 iron (one length)
38F9D438-5A30-4919-A0E8-29357ABE33D3.jpeg
3B406FFB-A26F-431A-AF77-B8FBE4C41A5C.jpeg

I've been wanting to switch to One Length clubs for a while, since most of my misses with long irons are fat and short irons are thins (I can't count the number of times I've skulled a short iron 30 yards past the green). I went to my local golf shop and tested the Cobra Forged Tec 7i with the Modus 120x shaft and it felt amazing other than the standard grip being too thin for me.

I have a chance to pick up a lightly used 4-GW set of 2020 Forged Tec One Length for $640 ($80 a club). The set is the correct length and lies for me and even has midsize grips. However it has the DG X100 shaft, which my local shop did not have to test with. I don't think it will be a problem since I have tested other clubs with the X100 and liked them (Mizuno HMB and Titleist T300).

I've read the first ~20 pages of this thread and the last ~20 pages. I had to register just to say thanks to everyone for the feedback and discussion about the clubs that helped me learn more about them. I'm still using an old set of Ping G5s that I was given and don't fit well, they are too 1/2" long, 2 degrees too flat, and regular flex... Can anyone think of a reason why I shouldn't pick them up?

I've been wanting to switch to One Length clubs for a while, since most of my misses with long irons are fat and short irons are thins (I can't count the number of times I've skulled a short iron 30 yards past the green). I went to my local golf shop and tested the Cobra Forged Tec 7i with the Modus 120x shaft and it felt amazing other than the standard grip being too thin for me.

I have a chance to pick up a lightly used 4-GW set of 2020 Forged Tec One Length for $640 ($80 a club). The set is the correct length and lies for me and even has midsize grips. However it has the DG X100 shaft, which my local shop did not have to test with. I don't think it will be a problem since I have tested other clubs with the X100 and liked them (Mizuno HMB and Titleist T300).

I've read the first ~20 pages of this thread and the last ~20 pages. I had to register just to say thanks to everyone for the feedback and discussion about the clubs that helped me learn more about them. I'm still using an old set of Ping G5s that I was given and don't fit well, they are too 1/2" long, 2 degrees too flat and regular flex... Can anyone think of a reason why I shouldn't pick them up?

If you go all in (one length wedges as well) then I would say do it. I briefly had the Forged Tec 5-PW with a UT 4 iron and it was everything as advertised. I hit the 5 and 6 solid and didn’t really struggle with a 7 iron length 8, 9 or PW. I got the distances and gaps I needed. Now the reasons I didn’t keep them: the UT was money when struck correctly but it was my understanding it could not be bent upright so I consistently hit the toe. If I was going to keep the set-up I’d need to buy the Forged Tec 4 irons and matching wedges, regrip all of them, then figure out what to do for a 64 degree wedge. Finally I made the mistake of going blacked out and didn’t like the look.

If I ever go back to the one length it will be 4-7 one length, then 8-LW traditional lengths which a Cobra fitter told me a lot of their employees do. It’ll take some lie angle finagling but I think that’s the golf experiment I’d most like to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a solid round today during our clubs Turkey Shoot event! Such great feel!

One length Forged Tec were great today at the league championship. I had a lot of really solid iron shots and some really sub-par wedge shots

Had our Turkey Shoot Tournament on Saturday and really hit these well. My partner commented on how high I hit them which is typical for me. I’m considering tossing my ok’d recoil Protos in these just see if it helped bring it down a touch but I’ve been hitting them pretty decent.

One shot that stands out to me was on hole 5. It’s a short par 4 that I usually hit 4 or 5 iron off the tee. Hit a nice little 4 iron into the fairway. Left me about 146 in and I pulled 9i. Hit the 9 just a smidge toward the toe and it went dead straight right at the pin. Ended up hitting on the downslope and trundled down nicely to about 12 feet. I was really happy with this shot as the landing area on that green is so small and I didn’t have to be perfect with the strike to get great results.

Had a dream about some one length forged tecs. Dunno what that means. :unsure:
OL or variable I've been daydreaming about these since they came out.

You think you will give OL a shot in the future? Tough to say since you just got these not too long ago, but did you hear enough from Jose at the MC to really pique your interest? I've been interested for a while, and would love to give it a shot sometime if I get the chance.

OL or variable I've been daydreaming about these since they came out.

You think you will give OL a shot in the future? Tough to say since you just got these not too long ago, but did you hear enough from Jose at the MC to really pique your interest? I've been interested for a while, and would love to give it a shot sometime if I get the chance.
It's such a big jump. Maybe one day. Hard when the variable forged tecs have been so good to me last few months. Maybe a Cobra release this year....;)....will put me over. 🤷‍♂️

@LittleRat was too busy struggling against us to sell me on the one length. ;)

Last edited:
It's such a big jump. Maybe one day. Hard when the variable forged tecs have been so good to me last few months. Maybe a Cobra release this year....;)....will put me over. 🤷‍♂️

@LittleRat was too busy struggling against us to sell me on the one length. ;)
I agree, it would be difficult to switch over when you are playing well. I keep getting excited about all these teasers for next year. Can't wait to hear more!

Today I will get to test the full versatility of my 8 iron during our 1 club challenge at my club. Putting, Chipping, Tee Balls....you name it.

I have been on a break, but can’t wait to get back out this week with these irons. One nitpick that might bother some is the finish. The raised letters on the back are not holding up on the paint. I won’t mind when it all wears off, but for some reason some are wearing off much faster than others. In no way will this prevent me from playing them for years, but thought I would mention it. Here are pictures of my 6 and 7 iron (one length)
View attachment 8974649
View attachment 8974650
That is something I have not seen at all. Very interesting. In some ways, I may like the understated look without the paint better. It would be nice to have the heads all be uniform, though.

Today I will get to test the full versatility of my 8 iron during our 1 club challenge at my club. Putting, Chipping, Tee Balls....you name it.
Please report how it turns out. Sounds fun...

That actually sounds fun! Let us know how it goes

Back