New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Got my first ever hole in one today with my forged tec 9i, one hop and in. Can’t tell you how happy/ drunk i am right now. The guys behind us saw it and immediately threw me a beer to shotgun haha. Never thought this day would happen
Congrats!!!

That is something I have not seen at all. Very interesting. In some ways, I may like the understated look without the paint better. It would be nice to have the heads all be uniform, though.
I like the ones without the paint but I want them all the same. I would like all the paint off, including the black, but not enough to actually attempt to remove it. This is a pic of my 8i; the blue has mostly worn off but the red is still there. None of it changes how much I like the clubs; just aesthetics...
image.jpg

I like the ones without the paint but I want them all the same. I would like all the paint off, including the black, but not enough to actually attempt to remove it. This is a pic of my 8i; the blue has mostly worn off but the red is still there. None of it changes how much I like the clubs; just aesthetics...
View attachment 8975767
Was your 8i in a place in your bag that it could rub on something in that spot? Maybe it was next to your wood or putter cover, or against the bag? I can't imagine that would come off just on one club through regular use, as nothing generally touches that area.

If you wanted to have it look the same as the others you could always repaint it, wouldn't be too difficult with a small brush and the right paint. If you wanted to get it painted I bet you could stop over at your local board game store and get someone who paints miniatures to do it for you cheap.

Was your 8i in a place in your bag that it could rub on something in that spot? Maybe it was next to your wood or putter cover, or against the bag? I can't imagine that would come off just on one club through regular use, as nothing generally touches that area.

If you wanted to have it look the same as the others you could always repaint it, wouldn't be too difficult with a small brush and the right paint. If you wanted to get it painted I bet you could stop over at your local board game store and get someone who paints miniatures to do it for you cheap.
About half of my irons have the red/blue paint coming off. Honestly, I am closer to trying to remove the red/blue paint than putting it back on. I kind of dig the raised letters there without paint. The recessed areas that are painted are 100% perfect retaining the paint.

I just wanted to post pics about it in case someone was out looking at used sets of One Length forged tec. I have taken good care of these and if you see a used set with paint coming off, that doesn’t mean they were abused. Don’t hesitate because these are fabulous irons.

Reading back through this thread, and saw this picture again. I thought this when I first saw them, and thought it again as I was re-reading, but these have to be the most beautiful shafts I have ever seen! :love::love: Just wow!

Reading back through this thread, and saw this picture again. I thought this when I first saw them, and thought it again as I was re-reading, but these have to be the most beautiful shafts I have ever seen! :love::love: Just wow!
haha thanks buddy! I tend to agree.

Yeaaaaaa those sure are pretty. Although Dan could probably play with old hickory’s. Soooo

About half of my irons have the red/blue paint coming off. Honestly, I am closer to trying to remove the red/blue paint than putting it back on. I kind of dig the raised letters there without paint. The recessed areas that are painted are 100% perfect retaining the paint.

I just wanted to post pics about it in case someone was out looking at used sets of One Length forged tec. I have taken good care of these and if you see a used set with paint coming off, that doesn’t mean they were abused. Don’t hesitate because these are fabulous irons.

I use Citrus Strip to remove paint fill when I'm looking to change the paint on my clubs. Should work for that as well. It's cheap and really does almost all the work for you. That and some toothpicks are all I've used in the past.

Tell me more or do i need to

@TrueMotionMatt DMs?

I’ll keep you updated. Just sent in some swings to see what I need to work on. I’ll start a thread if there is enough interest.

@gkeller813 King Forged Tecs now in the hands of UPS. Hope they arrive safely. Should be plenty of life left on the sweet spot, as it wasn’t hit very often. Even so the clubs perform amazingly. Best feeling hollow body out there.

Went 51-48 for a 99 with just an 8 iron. More to follow when I can sit down.

@gkeller813 King Forged Tecs now in the hands of UPS. Hope they arrive safely. Should be plenty of life left on the sweet spot, as it wasn’t hit very often. Even so the clubs perform amazingly. Best feeling hollow body out there.
Thanks again @MarMill8412 for the opportunity. You are one of many that makes THP so great!

Went 51-48 for a 99 with just an 8 iron. More to follow when I can sit down.

So I ended up putting left handed and using the back of the club. Using the leading edge when I practiced just wasn’t working. Lots of 3 putts but so did everyone else. Felt I got better with it later in round.

Chipping wasn’t bad at all. I had one bunker shot and I opened the face way up and put in way in front of my stance and hit down hard. Got out and two putted from there.

Never lost a tee ball during round. Best shot I hit was from around 140. Choked down and managed to keep the flight low and hit it to around 12 feet. My normal yardage with an 8 would be around 165-160.

Overall, there is a lot of versatility and I had some shots in the bag I just didn’t know I had lol.

99 looks like it will be a T-1 finish for me in the 10+ handicap flight.

My set of Forged Tec came in! It is 4-GW one length with DG X100 tour shafts. The set also came with 54 and 58 degree Cobra King Black wedges with AMT X100 tour that are +1", so not the one lengths but close to the right length. Going to take them to a local shop this week and do a gapping session, which will likely be the only time I hit them until next April/May when the courses in New England open back up.

20201127_132112.jpg
20201127_132130.jpg
20201127_132156.jpg
20201129_212051.jpg
20201129_212114.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

My set of Forged Tec came in! It is 4-GW one length with DG X100 tour shafts. The set also came with 54 and 58 degree Cobra King Black wedges with AMT X100 tour that are +1", so not the one lengths but close to the right length. Going to take them to a local shop this week and do a gapping session, which will likely be the only time I hit them until next April/May when the courses in New England open back up.

View attachment 8976841
View attachment 8976842
View attachment 8976843
View attachment 8976844
View attachment 8976845
View attachment 8976846
Look great!

apparently the 6i is now the best club in my set
8 feet for a birdie putt on a par 3 today
Always love putting a 2 down on the scorecard. Has the 6i been trending this direction?

View attachment 8976841
View attachment 8976842
View attachment 8976843
View attachment 8976844
View attachment 8976845
View attachment 8976846
Beautiful looking set.

Back