New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Are these considered a players iron or GI. Really liked the OL, but haven't had a chance to hit them yet, but the way they set-up is perfect for me in the OL.

Got these out on the course yesterday, and boy was it a fun round. First round of the year, in windy conditions, but i hit some shots that had suburb feel and sound, a lot better than I had when hit off the mat a few weeks ago. Compared to my old gamers, these add 10 yards of distance, which is exactly what I expected. In particular, I hit some shots with the 7 and 8i's that had the exact shape I was looking for. Plenty of distance, and plenty of power to get through the wind. Had a couple of shots that I opened up on, but really didn't lose much distance, and the dispersion still gave me good looks at the flag.

Overall, I'm very excited to continue to get these in play. Weather doesn't look promising the next few week, but here's to hoping!
Glad you got out with them. Really big fan of the lighter shaft options these days!

Glad you got out with them. Really big fan of the lighter shaft options these days!
Copper version shows up today, I haven’t been this excited for new irons in a VERY long time. Naturally it hasn’t rained for a month and the forecast is looking garbage for the next 4-6 days 🙄 Pics to come this afternoon!

Copper version shows up today, I haven’t been this excited for new irons in a VERY long time. Naturally it hasn’t rained for a month and the forecast is looking garbage for the next 4-6 days 🙄 Pics to come this afternoon!
spend that time posting copious pics of those beauties. (y)

You got it! Already pulled the paint fill off of the King Black Wedge and the black Scotty, going to refill them with Testors metallic copper. Should make for a beautiful bag 👍🏼
That should look good!. I pulled the paint out of the King Black wedges I have as well. Very stealth looking. Seeing all these pictures is going to be so tempting.

That should look good!. I pulled the paint out of the King Black wedges I have as well. Very stealth looking. Seeing all these pictures is going to be so tempting.
Definitely, been running a variation this setup for about 6 years or so.

Attachments

• 8FDF836E-79EE-4071-811E-A12FEAF2FD63.jpeg
    8FDF836E-79EE-4071-811E-A12FEAF2FD63.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 23
Are these considered a players iron or GI. Really liked the OL, but haven't had a chance to hit them yet, but the way they set-up is perfect for me in the OL.
Honestly, I would say neither really. As mad as that sounds, but I think they're known as 'players distance' irons, someone will probably correct me. They are much much easier to hit than you would think just by looking at them, I'm very much a mid handicapper and have had zero issues with the forgiveness this past year.

Got these out on the course yesterday, and boy was it a fun round. First round of the year, in windy conditions, but i hit some shots that had suburb feel and sound, a lot better than I had when hit off the mat a few weeks ago. Compared to my old gamers, these add 10 yards of distance, which is exactly what I expected. In particular, I hit some shots with the 7 and 8i's that had the exact shape I was looking for. Plenty of distance, and plenty of power to get through the wind. Had a couple of shots that I opened up on, but really didn't lose much distance, and the dispersion still gave me good looks at the flag.

Overall, I'm very excited to continue to get these in play. Weather doesn't look promising the next few week, but here's to hoping!

Boy do those things sound amazing 🤩 And I guess the extra 10 yards is nice as well.

Honestly, I would say neither really. As mad as that sounds, but I think they're known as 'players distance' irons, someone will probably correct me. They are much much easier to hit than you would think just by looking at them, I'm very much a mid handicapper and have had zero issues with the forgiveness this past year.
My handicap has gone up slightly to around a 14 or so and my usual strike is the lower part of the club face. When I first saw them they just set up so good, then I read FORGED and thought my hand will be hurting every time I play these, so I just wanted some good honest feedback on the playability of these irons. I'll go back to the PGATSS and try to get a few swings in before deciding. I like the OL concept, but don't know if I can adapt to OL.

My handicap has gone up slightly to around a 14 or so and my usual strike is the lower part of the club face. When I first saw them they just set up so good, then I read FORGED and thought my hand will be hurting every time I play these, so I just wanted some good honest feedback on the playability of these irons. I'll go back to the PGATSS and try to get a few swings in before deciding. I like the OL concept, but don't know if I can adapt to OL.
When I went to get fit last year, I was convinced that my 12 handicap ability was not going to be good enough to play Forged Tec. I was very surprised at how forgiving the FT were and I hit them with better dispersion than the Speedzone at the fitting. I was able to lower my hcp playing OL FT. After some back issues, it has creeped back up, but it certainly wasn't due to the clubs.

They are in the players distance category. Personally I didn't see any added distance but they are not "players" clubs. There is plenty of forgiveness packed in these

I think that there is a wide number of players that could play these. They are pretty forgiving with the profile. Like stated, they are a players distance iron. I didn't get a ton of distance more out of them. They do really well, even if hit low on the face. You will be able to tell when you don't hit it well, but the forgiveness is there.

The new wrenches are SICK! They look much better in person, which is a pleasant surprise because the photos looked great! Glad I took the leap... Enjoy!

Attachments

• 7CC35397-D62B-406C-9917-3FD0C6AD63C1.jpeg
    7CC35397-D62B-406C-9917-3FD0C6AD63C1.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 47
  • E60FC48E-CDE9-4F8B-9301-F4713BC202EE.jpeg
    E60FC48E-CDE9-4F8B-9301-F4713BC202EE.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 47
  • 51480030-3A31-40EA-BF36-059C8635EF2F.jpeg
    51480030-3A31-40EA-BF36-059C8635EF2F.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 0C537D14-955B-44D6-AFA7-8A9FE36E0797.jpeg
    0C537D14-955B-44D6-AFA7-8A9FE36E0797.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 41
The new wrenches are SICK! They look much better in person, which is a pleasant surprise because the photos looked great! Glad I took the leap... Enjoy!
Those are freaking outstanding!

Those look incredible! If they play half as good as they look :oops:

I thought these weren’t for me. But I have changed my mind.. The more pics I see the more beauty unfolds. Wow

I thought these weren’t for me. But I have changed my mind.. The more pics I see the more beauty unfolds. Wow
I couldn’t agree more. Some of the photos out there made them look really washed, or a boring brass yellow, did them no justice at all.

My wife is really lucky that copper is not yet available in One Length

So now another question for the boys. I hadn’t planned on getting the 4i as I have been using the ZU85 3 and 4 utility irons. However, this 4i is incredibly easy to hit, I’d say it feels even better/easier than the Srixon (which is a very bold statement I know). Now I have to order the Copper 3i don’t I?!? Anyone with experience in both irons, do you feel the same as I?

So now another question for the boys. I hadn’t planned on getting the 4i as I have been using the ZU85 3 and 4 utility irons. However, this 4i is incredibly easy to hit, I’d say it feels even better/easier than the Srixon (which is a very bold statement I know). Now I have to order the Copper 3i don’t I?!? Anyone with experience in both irons, do you feel the same as I?
If you're asking this group, the answer will always be yes :ROFLMAO:.

I personally enjoy the Speedzone 4i with a graphite Catalyst 80 shaft. Use it a lot off the tee on tight par 4's.

But, I don't think it comes in Copper, so...

If you're asking this group, the answer will always be yes :ROFLMAO:.

I personally enjoy the Speedzone 4i with a graphite Catalyst 80 shaft. Use it a lot off the tee on tight par 4's.

But, I don't think it comes in Copper, so...
Haha, for sure. I’ll get them out in the grass over the next few days and answer my own Q, sort the top of the bag out.

More pics to come once the wedges and putter are all filled in and cured. Pulled all the paint fill today so they’ll be filled in and ready tomorrow 👍🏼

I was pleasantly surprised how easy the 4 iron was to hit. I have not experience with the 3 iron, but can’t imagine it would be different. Just depends what you want at the tip of the bag!

@GpaGolf17 thise are beauties! Keep us posted on how they look when they start to wear.

Back