New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

So now another question for the boys. I hadn’t planned on getting the 4i as I have been using the ZU85 3 and 4 utility irons. However, this 4i is incredibly easy to hit, I’d say it feels even better/easier than the Srixon (which is a very bold statement I know). Now I have to order the Copper 3i don’t I?!? Anyone with experience in both irons, do you feel the same as I?
I only have one length, 4i-GW. 3 iron wasn’t an option, but I would give a serious consideration to a hybrid or utility iron in that spot. They wouldn’t be copper, but might be easier to hit.

Thanks for the replies, I have the Zu85 3 and 4 utility irons (20° and 23°). The TEC 4i is 21° and the 3i “would” be 19° should I pick one up. Tomorrows on course testing of the Zu85’s and TEC 4i should be very interesting from a loft, distance, and flight characteristic standpoint.

Just when golf was getting boring 🤣

The new wrenches are SICK! They look much better in person, which is a pleasant surprise because the photos looked great! Glad I took the leap... Enjoy!
Wow, those looks spectacular.

My handicap has gone up slightly to around a 14 or so and my usual strike is the lower part of the club face. When I first saw them they just set up so good, then I read FORGED and thought my hand will be hurting every time I play these, so I just wanted some good honest feedback on the playability of these irons. I'll go back to the PGATSS and try to get a few swings in before deciding. I like the OL concept, but don't know if I can adapt to OL.
When I went to get fit last year, I was convinced that my 12 handicap ability was not going to be good enough to play Forged Tec. I was very surprised at how forgiving the FT were and I hit them with better dispersion than the Speedzone at the fitting. I was able to lower my hcp playing OL FT. After some back issues, it has creeped back up, but it certainly wasn't due to the clubs.
I am currently around an 18ish, and I am loving these in OL. It is surprising how much forgiveness there is in them. Any struggles I have had, especially this year, no club would have been able to really help me much. The hosel is not very forgiving :oops:. But when my swing is in order, I love them. They feel sooo good when you hit em near the middle.:love:

I am currently around an 18ish, and I am loving these in OL. It is surprising how much forgiveness there is in them. Any struggles I have had, especially this year, no club would have been able to really help me much. The hosel is not very forgiving :oops:. But when my swing is in order, I love them. They feel sooo good when you hit em near the middle.:love:
Did you get fitted for your one length irons? Just curious what shafts you're using and if you are playing with it more flat or upright than stock. I'm looking to upgrade from the f9's

I would love to try a set of these with recoils in them. I had a set last year when they first came out but didn’t have the right shaft in them and became very frustrated.

Did you get fitted for your one length irons? Just curious what shafts you're using and if you are playing with it more flat or upright than stock. I'm looking to upgrade from the f9's
No I didn't. I was very impulsive. I had OL F9 most of last year, and was at Golf Galaxy to buy a FW and hit the 7i FT and fell in love. I decided to order a set and went with Recoil ESX. I like them a lot.

No I didn't. I was very impulsive. I had OL F9 most of last year, and was at Golf Galaxy to buy a FW and hit the 7i FT and fell in love. I decided to order a set and went with Recoil ESX. I like them a lot.

That's awesome! Glad to hear you like it. I'm getting fitted tomorrow and hope I experience the same. I have the one length king utility (which looks similar to these) and I love it.

Went to two shops a couple hours a way to hit them and no luck. I'm around a 20 so this is encouraging they're pretty forgiving. They just would look so good in my new Jones bag 🤔

This type of an iron is not an impulse buy for me, need to try them out, but still not totally sold on the concept. Always thinking if the concept is that good, why aren't more people using them? Kind of like the Cleveland VAS system in a way.....

This type of an iron is not an impulse buy for me, need to try them out, but still not totally sold on the concept. Always thinking if the concept is that good, why aren't more people using them? Kind of like the Cleveland VAS system in a way.....

In terms of hollow body irons there’s plenty in play, between the p790, i500, t-mb, g700, etc. the Forged Tecs are as good as any out there.

In talking with some who have had OL and some who were looking at them but passed on the concept, they said that in order to take advantage of the OL your swing speed would have to be in the mid to high range especially when hitting a 5/6 iron that has a 7 iron length. True or not?

And..........................................................
First time out was great, no range time as I’m not a big range mat guy, proper warmups won’t happen until the grass tees open again. I agree with everyone’s comments in here, very soft feel at impact, very high penetrating flight, great spin for the flight, 4i was even stopping within a foot or two of its pitch mark. Walked 36 yesterday in the slop and besides a few wedge and short club shots where no compression (due to the sog) caused some distance issues, they again performed beautifully.

I think in terms of the durability of the finish, it will wear quickly. There is already a few spots where you can see the satin steel color through the copper (sole and back) from bag chatter, as well as a few very small ones on the face after ball contact . Both are too be expected as I am coming from the DBM finish that is grenade proof. All in all, I had planned on this and actually think they’ll look cool when all beat up. It’s not a chippingof the finish, more of a rub if that makes any sense?

In talking with some who have had OL and some who were looking at them but passed on the concept, they said that in order to take advantage of the OL your swing speed would have to be in the mid to high range especially when hitting a 5/6 iron that has a 7 iron length. True or not?
after just a few weeks in OL. I half agree. I have not had a problem elevating the 6i of the FT OL set (or 5i in radspeed) but I could see how that could be an issue. But that is also why they make OL hybrids.

I am not a very fast swinger, but I have no issues with the 6i. I replaced the 5i with the FT Utility OL in 5i loft. That thing is a rocket launcher.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

First time out was great, no range time as I’m not a big range mat guy, proper warmups won’t happen until the grass tees open again. I agree with everyone’s comments in here, very soft feel at impact, very high penetrating flight, great spin for the flight, 4i was even stopping within a foot or two of its pitch mark. Walked 36 yesterday in the slop and besides a few wedge and short club shots where no compression (due to the sog) caused some distance issues, they again performed beautifully.

I think in terms of the durability of the finish, it will wear quickly. There is already a few spots where you can see the satin steel color through the copper (sole and back) from bag chatter, as well as a few very small ones on the face after ball contact . Both are too be expected as I am coming from the DBM finish that is grenade proof. All in all, I had planned on this and actually think they’ll look cool when all beat up. It’s not a chipping of the finish, more of a rub if that makes any sense?
Also, as for distance I am definitely a full club and a half longer throughout the bag. I know this has a lot to do with the loft, but my blades are lofted 1° strong so this may not be a massive a difference for me as it is for many. This helps me as I need more options at the top of the bag vs bottom since I am not the longest off the tee. I do not get along with hybrids and my game sees no benefit with woods, so the 3i is going to fit in swimmingly 🤙🏼

The new wrenches are SICK! They look much better in person, which is a pleasant surprise because the photos looked great! Glad I took the leap... Enjoy!
Wow!!! Those look amazing.

Just a little bump for the new MC teams.

If these are still an option, don't sleep on them. They have completely changed my mind on what a hollow body iron can be. They cover such a large segment of the iron range if the MIM tours are a bit too scary and the RADSPEED just go too far for you, lol. And for vanity sake they still look amazing. :love: and OL! 🤯

Just a little bump for the new MC teams.

If these are still an option, don't sleep on them. They have completely changed my mind on what a hollow body iron can be. They cover such a large segment of the iron range if the MIM tours are a bit too scary and the RADSPEED just go too far for you, lol. And for vanity sake they still look amazing. :love: and OL! 🤯
My favorite golf club of all I’ve ever owned.

I really thought I would end up with Tours until I started to see the Forged Tecs being compared to HMB's. I am really curious on the 4 iron now even though I was going to eliminate it from the bag. Only 2* loft difference so I really need to see the gapping on that one.

So is it Driver (9*), 3w (14.5), 3H (19)/5W (18.5), 4 iron (21) or Driver, 3w, 3H/5w, 4H (21), 5 iron (23)? The 7w really doesn't fit at 22.5*

Oh and the Cu and black color scheme is 👍

Back