New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Should have mentioned. I've played the C721s for the past few months. Brought the KFT's out for the par 3 course. Just for frame of reference as to my recent play.
Were you fitted for shaft in 721s?

Looks like the shaft and Cobra head is a better fit.

The forge tec is such a good club.

Great lesson with these today. Getting them dialed in and the feel when I compress the ball is just so good. Even my coach was saying the coppers sounded better than chrome. Perhaps something to do with the copper coating?

If only we can get a new release black version. This will be my shaft choice. This in the i95. 55BBFDB8-11A3-4B94-9468-8C9550B73B1B.png

I’m getting super keen to try these. I currently have been playing T100’s for the last couple of years but want something more forgiving whilst having a great look/feel. Has anyone been down the same path?

Played a couple of times over the weekend, and these just continue to impress. They look great by the ball, and infinitely more forgiving than they have any right to be. As others have said, the sound and feel is out of this world, when you hit them clean it almost feels like there is no ball there.

I do think that fitting is vitally important with these, as I've said before, I had the previous model and this time went down in shaft weight considerably and they are like a completely different club in terms of launch and spin. Put a bit of time into tuning them up and they will come alive for you.

The Copper is wearing off the center of my face on my short irons....Oops, actually to think of it all of my irons are short....Ha

@Canadan @ddec @jdtox @Jman @MWard and I were talking this past weekend about this set and how good they were. We were also speaking about how on the surface it seems like they came out forever ago, despite not being that old in terms of release cycles.

One of the most underrated sets in their class still.

@Canadan @ddec @jdtox @Jman @MWard and I were talking this past weekend about this set and how good they were. We were also speaking about how on the surface it seems like they came out forever ago, despite not being that old in terms of release cycles.

It does seem like forever ago and they are fantastic irons. I still think they are one of the best feeling/sounding hollow body irons to date. What was it fall of 2019 when they came out?

It does seem like forever ago and they are fantastic irons. I still think they are one of the best feeling/sounding hollow body irons to date. What was it fall of 2019 when they came out?

Correct and I agree.

They were and still are surprisingly good. There's nothing that suggests it or confirms it, but the copper is the way better finish.

They were and still are surprisingly good. There's nothing that suggests it or confirms it, but the copper is the way better finish.
Copper and Satin are both better than chrome in my book.

Correct and I agree.
So are you telling me I don’t need yo look at new clubs. Haha. Had this discussion with an employee at golf retail shop. Was hitting a few different clubs. Told him I didn’t find anything better than what I have. He then asked what I was hitting. Told him King Forge Tec. His response they don’t make a better club.

I love looking at the new releases and dreaming about having something new and current but knocking these out of the bag is going to take something truly special. I love the look, feel and sound.

Agree with the above. I'm not sure what it would take to knock these out of the bag.

Agree with the above. I'm not sure what it would take to knock these out of the bag.

The next version? Maybe we'll get some teasers from the MC guys in a few weeks. Have to think Cobra will update them before too long since its been over 2 years.

The next version? Maybe we'll get some teasers from the MC guys in a few weeks. Have to think Cobra will update them before too long since its been over 2 years.
I remember that the Forged Tec black cavity irons were out for about two and a half years, when they released the hollow body Forged Tecs. If I were a betting man, I would say that some noise will start coming late winter.

I love looking at the new releases and dreaming about having something new and current but knocking these out of the bag is going to take something truly special. I love the look, feel and sound.
I know you are asking about these compared to the T200s in the Titleist thread, but if you like these and they are gapping well for you, i honestly see no reason to switch. I shot some great scores with the Forged Tecs and I moved on because I wanted to try the MIM irons and because I am a club ho. I agree with the sentiment that these are really solid irons.

I love the Forged Tecs. I'm sure Cobra has something in their back pocket that will be better, but I just am struggling to figure out what it may be. They really knocked it out of the park with this one. It's telling that the club is relevant even a year after release. You look at other OEMs, their clubs age very very quickly. That's not the same with this line.

I love the Forged Tecs. I'm sure Cobra has something in their back pocket that will be better, but I just am struggling to figure out what it may be. They really knocked it out of the park with this one. It's telling that the club is relevant even a year after release. You look at other OEMs, their clubs age very very quickly. That's not the same with this line.

Maybe we can get some insight in a few weeks as to what those changes might be :cool:

Back