New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Would u be able to post of some comparison pics? Those r the 2 sets I can’t stop thinking about. I have hit the hmb’s but haven’t seen the cobra’s yer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are a few. The FT seems slight smaller but more offset

Attachments

• 20191105_171551.jpg
    20191105_171551.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 20191105_171540.jpg
    20191105_171540.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 20191105_171525.jpg
    20191105_171525.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 57
Yea, I think it's just the way the light is in that picture of the 6i. Those look incredible BTW! Look forward to your thoughts on this one!
Yeah, the PWRSHELL section definitely makes it look that way.

Thanks buddy, I look forward to dropping some detailed thoughts in here on what these can do.

I’m looking forward to the details @Jman & for some reason I am getting the sense that @H8tobogie is going to own a set very soon??

Ok so first range session in the books. A few thoughts. This year I have owned:
Callaway 19 combo- liked these but could not adjust the the split.
Blueprints- great clubs but too much for me on bad days.
I500- hated
T200- loved everything but the feel
HMB- current love, had these for about one month.
Now onto the Cobra. They obviously have more offset than the HMB but seem a little smaller. I do like the finish better than the pure chrome.
It took me a few swings to adjust but they get through the turf great. Even the 4 iron seemed to just cut through the turf and give me a great penetrating flight. I like the 4 iron so much it may be my new go to club off the tee for short 4's over my beloved 510. I also love the sound and feel. Forgiveness seems a little better than the HMB. I'll know more on Thursdat during league play and Saturday I have a tournament.

I500- hated
Now onto the Cobra. They obviously have more offset than the HMB but seem a little smaller. I do like the finish better than the pure chrome.
It took me a few swings to adjust but they get through the turf great. Even the 4 iron seemed to just cut through the turf and give me a great penetrating flight. I like the 4 iron so much it may be my new go to club off the tee for short 4's over my beloved 510. I also love the sound and feel. Forgiveness seems a little better than the HMB. I'll know more on Thursdat during league play and Saturday I have a tournament.

nice initial thoughts. What shafts did you go with?

I’m looking forward to the details @Jman & for some reason I am getting the sense that @H8tobogie is going to own a set very soon??
Maybe so. I do like the HMBs but my initial take is that they are really a forgiving players iron, more than a distance players iron - especially with regard to the sole and turf interaction and the offset - but with a touch more forgiveness on off-center hits. I think part of the trouble I am having with them is they are a little too upright for me. I was hitting 7 irons on the range, off of mats today, and I could not stop hooking the HMB. My MP18 MMC was much straighter, but it is 1 to 2* flat. The fitter told me I needed 2* upright, but I ordered them standard. Turns out, I think I need 2 * flat. The upside is they feel great and are very consistent with distance. Bt if I am going to need to bend them, I might as well check out the new kid on the block first :) with all the positive reviews it is getting.

Reactions: MH
I500- hated
That was my thought as well, as it relates to turf interaction. I genuinely don't remember a shot that disappointed me between feedback and turf interaction... and I bet I've got 100+ shots in with them in total.

Maybe so. I do like the HMBs but my initial take is that they are really a forgiving players iron, more than a distance players iron - especially with regard to the sole and turf interaction and the offset - but with a touch more forgiveness on off-center hits. I think part of the trouble I am having with them is they are a little too upright for me. I was hitting 7 irons on the range, off of mats today, and I could not stop hooking the HMB. My MP18 MMC was much straighter, but it is 1 to 2* flat. The fitter told me I needed 2* upright, but I ordered them standard. Turns out, I think I need 2 * flat. The upside is they feel great and are very consistent with distance. Bt if I am going to need to bend them, I might as well check out the new kid on the block first :) with all the positive reviews it is getting.

You’re nailing my sentiments exactly between the two irons. The HMBs are simply a bit of a different animal. I am so excited about the Forged Tecs. I truly believe that they may be as close to perfect of a profile as there could be for my needs in an iron. And I love that it is Cobra.

You’re nailing my sentiments exactly between the two irons. The HMBs are simply a bit of a different animal. I am so excited about the Forged Tecs. I truly believe that they may be as close to perfect of a profile as there could be for my needs in an iron. And I love that it is Cobra.
That is really good to hear! I feel close with the HMBs and will give them some more time, but I am not seeing the upgrade I was hoping for in performance from the MP 18 MMCs. But in all fairness, I haven't been swinging much lately and am a little rusty. These sound ridiculously good though.

Didn’t manage to get them on the photo table last night so ill have to put off hitting them a little longer, want to make sure I’ve got good non cell pics of them because I think they’re going to be fun to photograph.

That said, the satin finish didn’t get enough talk from those who hit them at the TT event, and initial photos don’t do them justice at all imo. Great combo of a starshot looking satin with just a little polish on the rear of the club. I even don’t mind the gargantuan KING on them in hand.

Best yet though, the profile is killer, the soles are perfect for what I like to see.

Oh man, I love this photo honestly.

index.php

They’re naturally photogenic for sure.

I realize these irons are not in the game improvement category but how forgiving would you say they are? Let's say we compared them to the F9's?
I'm buying new irons this winter and I am currently all over the place. (This forum helps and hurts at the same time!) I've envisioned everything from the T-rails, F9's, UHX and now these. I'm an 11 handicap that works hard at the game and I believe a single digit by the end of next season is a real possibility. I' don't try to work the ball, KISS. Over the ball, the looks of a club don't faze me but I have to say having irons that look like the Forged Tec sitting in the bag certainly would make me smile. Thought?

I realize these irons are not in the game improvement category but how forgiving would you say they are? Let's say we compared them to the F9's?
I'm buying new irons this winter and I am currently all over the place. (This forum helps and hurts at the same time!) I've envisioned everything from the T-rails, F9's, UHX and now these. I'm an 11 handicap that works hard at the game and I believe a single digit by the end of next season is a real possibility. I' don't try to work the ball, KISS. Over the ball, the looks of a club don't faze me but I have to say having irons that look like the Forged Tec sitting in the bag certainly would make me smile. Thought?

They are not as forgiving as KING F9. Part of that will be the size and shape of the sole.
The head is going to be a bit smaller and overall there is less mass and the weighting is not quite as deep.

With that said they are pretty darn forgiving for what they are. They have a little bit of offset to help squaring the club and the CG placement is designed to do the same.

Like you I am not a great ball striker, and do not try to move the ball a lot, although like to flight it up and down when necessary, rather than just full swings all of the time. These fall pretty well in line for me, although I am not one that shies away from larger irons.

For those who didn't like the font size of the King. Same size, but a lot less obvious.20191106_174508.jpg

If these had been there when i picked last, they would definitely have been mine. They were high on my list for sure.....

I'm a higher handicap than you and I bought a seven iron to play around with to see if I could game these. In fairness, I bought a T-rail 7 iron as well. They came in yesterday and I did get a couple swings in with both. I don't have any numbers (I didn't turn on my SkyTrak, just hit into the screen maybe 5 times each) and I think they would even work for me. Now I said I "THINK" that the numbers this winter will tell the story but as far as feel it was great. As others have said the sound is fantastic (true of the T-rail too). When I have more time I'll try to get some numbers. If you have the opportunity you should hit them before you consider buying though because we all have our preferences and unique swing characteristics these may or may not fit yours.

I removed my paint fill as well...
1106191107e.jpg

Attachments

• 1106191106.jpg
    1106191106.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 1105191406.jpg
    1105191406.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 44
Strange, I thought I hated the big black Cobra on the side now that i see pics with both I actually think it looks better with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back