New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

EB750565-E508-4BC1-9676-C3DF55DD535B.jpeg

I was able to hit these today. Very nice looking and great feeling! Not an ideal fit for me but I can see how they would be excellent for many.

My first 9 hole league with these today and they are firmly in the bag. So much more forgiving than my HMB and with better feel. The course requires everything on par 3's from a 4 iron to pw. I was hitting greens more than normal. The 4 I which is usually iffy for me is so much easier to hit.

E348B6C2-9252-4E76-8919-F856CF865B65.jpeg

I haven’t been sleeping, eating, or really had much free time in the last week or two but I’ve contemplated these irons more than I’d like to admit. If they allowed more than one trade in per, it would be done but the buzz in here is nuts!

I'm not familiar with that AMT White shaft, but it sure is a beauty with that head! Great pic!

The True Temper Onyx finish is really good. Seems to pair very nicely with a good amount of Cobra clubs

@JB any updates on your custom set? Have u got them out on the course?

@JB any updates on your custom set? Have u got them out on the course?

They are built up and awesome but no they’re not playing with me this weekend. I’m playing a different set it will be giving away very soon

Awesome clubs, great feel, great sound. Only thing I didn't dig was the finish on the back of the clubs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

They are built up and awesome but no they’re not playing with me this weekend. I’m playing a different set it will be giving away very soon

That sounds awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've hit these a few times. I really liked the looks and feel every time I've hit them. Over the course of a couple trips I tried a few shaft options. Last weekend I tried them with Recoils stiff and regular which were pretty solid, but kind of left me feeling like there was better performance to be had. I went back last night and tried an AMT black in stiff and that wasn't a good fit. Then the guy put in a regular flex $-taper lite shaft (stock) for me to try and it was like a switch turned on. While I didn't take a ton of swings with it, every strike was solid and the numbers were much better and more consistent than any of the other shafts I've tried out. Today I'm working on getting a set ordered!

Slight tangent - I tried the OL 5 iron out with the stock shaft too. The club face seemed kind of tall to me at address. Not sure if that's an effect of hitting off artificial turf or not. I did feel a little more confident over the ball with the shorter shaft. Unfortunately, I took about 5 swings and the results were inconsistent and indicative of why I currently game a hybrid instead of a 5I. :)

I was able to demo the 7i at the PGATSS last night. First off, these are pretty compact looking irons throughout the set and are really great looking in person. I recently bought a set of Mizzy HMBs and I like them too, but wanted to see what the buzz is about this set. I play the DG120 X100 shafts in the HMBs and they did not have any X100 shafts for me to demo, so I had to settle for a Project X6.5, which is not my favorite shaft feel wise.

Feel: Pretty good - better than the P790s but not in the same class as the HMB on a well struck shot IMO. This may have been affected by the PX shaft, but I do love the feel of the HMBs when struck well.

Distance: My average carry with the HMB was slightly longer the day I tested, but it may have been the shaft or the day. Ball speeds were pretty similar, but I am comparing from different days. I will try to take my 7i into the store and do a side by side.

Dispersion: Left right was very acceptable. I pulled a couple of my left of left shots out of the results because the distance was approaching 200 and would have skewed the results. THE BIGGEST TAKEAWAY: These clubs retain distance on almost all types of strikes. For instance, the fastest ball speed in the table is 128.7 with a carry of 183 yds. The slowest ball speeds (121 to 123 range) were ALL within a half a club of this. I was amazed at how the ball just stayed online and carried on these. If the Forged Tec's separate themselves from the HMBs it is in this category. I will experiment a little more with the HMBs to verify, but I have not seen the same level of forgiveness from them on mishits. And - the turf interaction with the HMBs may not be the best for me.

I am a mediocre ball striker on my best days and was striking pretty well in this session, so it was a good day to capture. These irons seem to be a good option for the mid-handicap player looking to improve.

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 1.07.29 PM.png

I was able to demo the 7i at the PGATSS last night. First off, these are pretty compact looking irons throughout the set and are really great looking in person. I recently bought a set of Mizzy HMBs and I like them too, but wanted to see what the buzz is about this set. I play the DG120 X100 shafts in the HMBs and they did not have any X100 shafts for me to demo, so I had to settle for a Project X6.5, which is not my favorite shaft feel wise.

Feel: Pretty good - better than the P790s but not in the same class as the HMB on a well struck shot IMO. This may have been affected by the PX shaft, but I do love the feel of the HMBs when struck well.

Distance: My average carry with the HMB was slightly longer the day I tested, but it may have been the shaft or the day. Ball speeds were pretty similar, but I am comparing from different days. I will try to take my 7i into the store and do a side by side.

Dispersion: Left right was very acceptable. I pulled a couple of my left of left shots out of the results because the distance was approaching 200 and would have skewed the results. THE BIGGEST TAKEAWAY: These clubs retain distance on almost all types of strikes. For instance, the fastest ball speed in the table is 128.7 with a carry of 183 yds. The slowest ball speeds (121 to 123 range) were ALL within a half a club of this. I was amazed at how the ball just stayed online and carried on these. If the Forged Tec's separate themselves from the HMBs it is in this category. I will experiment a little more with the HMBs to verify, but I have not seen the same level of forgiveness from them on mishits. And - the turf interaction with the HMBs may not be the best for me.

I am a mediocre ball striker on my best days and was striking pretty well in this session, so it was a good day to capture. These irons seem to be a good option for the mid-handicap player looking to improve.

View attachment 8914282

Good feedback! The only thing would quibble with is I think anyone from low to mid index could easily play these. I think very good ball strikers would have a blast with this profile.

Good feedback! The only thing would quibble with is I think anyone from low to mid index could easily play these. I think very good ball strikers would have a blast with this profile.
Absolutely agree! My comment wasn't clear. Should have read that these can take you all the way to scratch. (y)

Back