New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

I really enjoyed the sound and feel of these when I got to try them. Great look at address as well. These are certainly enticing irons.

These in one length are something I need to try

E84B925A-6E7E-46CA-B1BB-B52D370A43A1.jpeg

wow, very nice!

Yep. Hard want. Still. Can't wait to get some swings on them. Really hoping they work as well for me as everyone else has experienced because I really want these puppies.

So, for those who have taken the time to peek into the Misubishi Chemical MMT iron shaft thread (Thank you!) you know that these are going to be what I am installing those shafts into. Going to get some base data this week with these and the AMT's in them before making the move, but soon it will happen.

I'll update both this thread and that one when things get rolling!

Mine came today, can't wait to take out on a course tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So, for those who have taken the time to peek into the Misubishi Chemical MMT iron shaft thread (Thank you!) you know that these are going to be what I am installing those shafts into. Going to get some base data this week with these and the AMT's in them before making the move, but soon it will happen.

I'll update both this thread and that one when things get rolling!

Looking forward to the writeup and thoughts on this setup!

Have just the 8 iron headed my way. Going to use it to practice over the winter. Trying out some new specs with some changes to my swing, so only wanted to order 1 club for now to see how it goes.

They look good in the bag. E861C95B-82A0-467E-BCFE-AA9293B5B33F.jpeg

Absolutely love the look of these irons. If they perform anything like a Ping i500 did for me these will be put up against the mizzy’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit mine on Wednesday...

195A41F6-DB57-4FFD-AACF-38DD1CC7852E.jpeg

And.....what say you? They look damn good!

Agreed, curious to hear your initial thoughts?

I got fit in to these today at Club Champion. I don’t know if it was the heads or the Accra shafts but I picked up 10mph in ball speed, 30ft of height, and 30yds of carry vs my Hogan’s ?

Needless to say I should have them towards the end of next week

Here are side by side photos of the equivalent wedges in the Forged Tecs and the Callaway Apex/Apex Pro Combo set. As can be seen fairly readily, the Forged Tecs are wider soled, a little more offset and longer heel to toe than the Apex Pro wedge. It does not bother me in the least. The size inspires confidence, but it is worth noting.C0E5DF81-AB0C-4053-90BC-A1045F93463E.jpeg9F41C7E8-8F05-4F98-A7DB-4E5866E11589.jpeg

Thanks for the pics, just ordered the apex combo but it was a struggle deciding between these 2. Hit both & really liked both

And.....what say you? They look damn good!

Pretty much the same feedback as I had initially. I’m not all that impressed with the sound/feel to be honest, it’s on the firm side with a click to and having hit the entire set 5-G now it’s a constant. That said, it’s better than the 790’s and no worse than my HMB’s. It’s not a bad feel per-say, but coming from the microspheres in the Apex combos I now believe anything will feel firm. I also think playing non VSS shafts in these could be part of that, when the Mitsubishi shaft go in for review I’ll know if that’s true right away.

What’s most interesting for me though is my ability to turn over every single club in the set, as well as the ball flight even with lower launching shafts like what I have right now. Apex through the set settled in at 31-33 yards. Distances for being out in 44 degrees were very good with the 8i sitting in that 160-165 range.

The long iron (5 is longest in my set) is a revelation. Amazingly balanced look which I love seeing compared to the slightly heftier look of the non pro Apex 19 I usually carry in that spot, but a super impressive ball flight from the deck climbing to 30Y easily. I’ll add though I hit nothing but draws with it, which had me a little scared of myself hahaha

Forgiveness is so far what I expected it to be, it’s a hollow body with multiple materials and just having the evolution of the PWRSHELL in them alone was enough to tell me they’re going to be way more playable than I expect.

So, first impressions? Overall, positive. For sure.

I'm coming from a set of irons that was more towards the GI spectrum of irons. While I had a lot of great rounds with them, I found it hard to hit controlled fades or draws with them. I could hit fades and draws, but they needed to be fairly big ones to do it consistently. Also, my swing speed seems to be slowing down these days and I was starting to lose some distance with them, since they had stiff shafts.

I was able to get the new Cobras out on Tuesday and temps were low 60s. I'm glad to say the Cobra's with regular shafts seemed to have my distances back to where they were and may even be better when temps go back up here. I was able to hit some small fades and draws when I wanted to as well.

My impression after one round is that these irons are predictable. I get the results I'm looking for when I put the right swing on the ball, which makes me happy! I'm looking forward to getting out again soon.

Aesthetically, I like the looks of these clubs at address. I prefer a thinner top line and these fit the bill there.
For the back, the sole, and the sound, I don't pay much attention to those unless they are completely off putting, which isn't the case with these irons for me.

@Tenputt @tanker337 how are the 7-PW on touch greenside shots?

I don’t chip much at all with those clubs. I pretty much just use the 52 and the 58 wedges around the greens. If we didn’t have 2 feet of snow, I would go try them and tell you. :cry:

Back