New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Beauty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy fock, that is a dream setup right there...

Some thoughts tonight, I’m mobile so bear with me, will be back behind a keyboard tomorrow for more I hope.

Key thoughts so far....

1) Launch. Launch. Launch. I throw these things UP there, and I love it. I know my data for the AMT White X100 setup, so I’m curious to see how the MMT graphite’s change that, if at all. Me hitting a 7i with a 34 yard peak makes me giddy.

2) Distance is ample. They’re as long as my Apex Combos, if not longer in the scoring irons. I’m hitting solid distances in the cold, so I’d love to see them work in warmer temps.

3) I hit a LOT of draws with them. I mean,85% of my shots are turning over. What is this sorcery?

4) Still not totally in love with the sound/feel, but having to remind myself they’re hollow bodies and there’s always going to be some difference there. WAY better than 790’s, better than HMB, maybe not quite as good as the Hogan hollow bodies to me.

Some thoughts tonight, I’m mobile so bear with me, will be back behind a keyboard tomorrow for more I hope.

Key thoughts so far....

1) Launch. Launch. Launch. I throw these things UP there, and I love it. I know my data for the AMT White X100 setup, so I’m curious to see how the MMT graphite’s change that, if at all. Me hitting a 7i with a 34 yard peak makes me giddy.

2) Distance is ample. They’re as long as my Apex Combos, if not longer in the scoring irons. I’m hitting solid distances in the cold, so I’d love to see them work in warmer temps.

3) I hit a LOT of draws with them. I mean,85% of my shots are turning over. What is this sorcery?

4) Still not totally in love with the sound/feel, but having to remind myself they’re hollow bodies and there’s always going to be some difference there. WAY better than 790’s, better than HMB, maybe not quite as good as the Hogan hollow bodies to me.
Good stuff, James! What's the earlier report on the forgiveness in the long irons compared to say the apex 19s?

Good stuff, James! What's the earlier report on the forgiveness in the long irons compared to say the apex 19s?
Not James, but I thought they were similar in forgiveness. Probably the edge goes to the Apex 19, but not sure that difference is enough to justify one set over another.

That standard 19’s get the edge for me. These get the edge over the Pro’s though, which are also quite forgiving.

More time with these and the MMT's today. Should be able to update on both this evening!

More time with these and the MMT's today. Should be able to update on both this evening!

I would love to see some numbers comparing the Apex 19s and these, even though, for you, they would be with different shafts.

I would love to see some numbers comparing the Apex 19s and these, even though, for you, they would be with different shafts.

You still under all that snow? I'd like to see some numbers comparing the Forged Tec to the F9s.

I shall take care of you! (y)

Key thoughts so far....

I hate that I want some of these and I have two awesome sets of irons already. ?

You still under all that snow? I'd like to see some numbers comparing the Forged Tec to the F9s.

Still no way to hit balls outdoors here. I’ll have to see if I can figure out something for you.

The reality is that I can give you a fairly accurate comparison, based on my anecdotal experience with both. To me, the ball speed of the two is going to be very similar. The F9s will be slightly more forgiving, but the Forged Tecs are quite forgiving as well. Launch is similar. I think the spin with the Forged Tecs will be slightly higher. The Forged Tecs are much more fun to play and look better. I don’t know that the Forged Tecs feel better. As we all know, the F9s feel incredible for a game improvement profile. I feel like the Forged Tecs are more versatile from different lies and out of the rough.

Overall, I don’t know that my handicap changes at all with either set in my bag, but if I were taking my approach shot on hole 18 in my singles match in the Morgan Cup, I would much prefer the Forged Tec with my beloved SteelFiber shaft. For some reason, I just feel more confident with the Forged Tec profile behind the ball, especially on a tight lie.

The reality is that I can give you a fairly accurate comparison, based on my anecdotal experience with both. To me, the ball speed of the two is going to be very similar. The F9s will be slightly more forgiving, but the Forged Tecs are quite forgiving as well. Launch is similar. I think the spin with the Forged Tecs will be slightly higher. The Forged Tecs are much more fun to play and look better. I don’t know that the Forged Tecs feel better. As we all know, the F9s feel incredible for a game improvement profile. I feel like the Forged Tecs are more versatile from different lies and out of the rough.
Nailed it. This is what I would write, if asked. ;)

Overall, I don’t know that my handicap changes at all with either set in my bag, but if I were taking my approach shot on hole 18 in my singles match in the Morgan Cup, I would much prefer the Forged Tec with my beloved SteelFiber shaft. For some reason, I just feel more confident with the Forged Tec profile behind the ball, especially on a tight lie.

The bolded is probably the most important piece that I'm interested in.

Back