New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

I agree T-MB to P790 to Epic Forged to MMC to HMB to King forged. Seems like the copycat game is strong. It's funny that the originals never got any saturation LOL!
Maybe, but I don’t recall any of those offerings having a MSRP as low as these Forged TECs, especially considering that the Catalyst shaft is the graphite option. Those are around $45 per shaft when purchased individually. With the Arccos integration on top of all that, I think you would be extremely hard pressed to find a better value in this style of club.

I have never hit a club with a hitter face than the F9. If that technology transferred over to these as stated in the video, these will be rocket launchers with a surprising level of workability.

Maybe, but I don’t recall any of those offerings having a MSRP as low as these Forged TECs, especially considering that the Catalyst shaft is the graphite option. Those are around $45 per shaft when purchased individually. With the Arccos integration on top of all that, I think you would be extremely hard pressed to find a better value in this style of club.

I have never hit a club with a hitter face than the F9. If that technology transferred over to these as stated in the video, these will be rocket launchers with a surprising level of workability.
Oh I am not questioning the value. These will be a great set of irons. I actually applaud Cobra for going in this direction as the other companies are going from $1000, to $1200, to $1500 to $2000+ for the P790 ti and Epic Forged. If I can get basically the same product for $1100 that the other OEM's are charging 20%-100% more for that is the play IMO.

Last edited:
Oh I am not questioning the value. These will be a great set of irons. I actually applaud Cobra for going in this direction as the other companies are going from $1000, to $1200, to $1500 to $200)+ for the P790 ti and Epic Forged. If I can get basically the same product $1100 that the other OEM's are charging 20%-100% more for that is the play IMO.
Exactly right. And I’m betting that the performance of these may be better in many ways.

These look killer! I've always been a fan of Cobra woods but haven't really liked the iron sets enough for a purchase, as intriguing as the one-length irons have been. The F-line has always looked too bulky and the forged line has always felt a bit harsh for me. These feel like absolute winners!

Man, those look amazing. Really like the lines, and Cobra does such a great job getting their technology and aesthetics right while still keeping the prices much more reasonable.

Question for JB: Is Cobra's ability to get very similar clubs to other major OEMs at seemingly lower prices a byproduct of a smaller pro-staff, or is it an intentional choice of materials, or some other thing I'm just not accounting for?

Rick shields has an interesting review of them now, they look great to me

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

I really like the 2 stock options. Both will hit the sweet zone.

I could easily see myself playing these.

Question for JB: Is Cobra's ability to get very similar clubs to other major OEMs at seemingly lower prices a byproduct of a smaller pro-staff, or is it an intentional choice of materials, or some other thing I'm just not accounting for?

Good question and without seeing their "books" I wouldn't be able to give you a hard and fast answer. My gut says it is because "they have to". There isn't a lesser equation of materials in play here, and you have the added value of Cobra Connect built in. With that said, they are a top 5 brand right now, bordering on top 4, but are not top 3 yet, and sometimes a value indicator can help with that.

These are some amazing looking sticks!!

Haha good point. I was just curious. All these types of irons have that port and just wonder why that is. If it didn't appear to be removable I probably wouldn't be as curious.

I always assumed the foam injection was the last step in the club creation, which is why it required a screw/port.

These irons look fantastic, and if I know anything about Cobra I know they have nailed the sound/feel of these as well.

I love the look and tech in these irons. Lots of irons are released that catch my eye and I'd like to test but these I want without a second thought. Add in the Catalyst shaft option and sign me up!

Haha good point. I was just curious. All these types of irons have that port and just wonder why that is. If it didn't appear to be removable I probably wouldn't be as curious.

Don’t think the MP 20 HMBs have the port. Not trying to hijack the thread.

I wonder if just pulling the paintfill out would satisfy a lot of comments similar to yours.
It probably would. That KING is just so big or so it seems. Remove the paint, keep the same letter size will give it a more industrial look. Maybe more preception sonce I have not seen the irons in person.

Don’t think the MP 20 HMBs have the port. Not trying to hijack the thread.
Mizuno does not fill their irons. It's just a pocket.

Might have something to do with it, where the other samples noted definitely add an element.

Mizuno does not fill their irons. It's just a pocket.

Might have something to do with it, where the other samples noted definitely add an element.

Unless I am mistaken, I don’t believe the Ping i500s have any filler material, either, but still have the port.

Unless I am mistaken, I don’t believe the Ping i500s have any filler material, either, but still have the port.
Ping also added it to the G410 even though it’s not hollow for swing weight purposes. Pretty sure that’s why it’s there on the i500.

Think oems are smart to have it there on the toe, for swingweight and moi purposes along with access for any type of filler.

You are right here. They use the screw for Swingweight purposes. Able to add weight to the toe and heel instead of just the heel.

Think less port, more weight manipulation.

Think less port, more weight manipulation.

Yeah, even the Blueprint forgings have the screw to manipulate weighting.

I think they look pretty good. As with every distance iron my thoughts go to how easy are they to control?

These look great in the initial press pictures. I'm keen to see more pictures at address like the ones JB posted. They look chunkier with more offset than I'd hoped there, but maybe it's just the perspective.

Usually love everything Cobra do, but these look ugly and cheap to me.

They'll probably be great clubs but the look is way off IMO.

I'll be considering comboing these with my current forged tec black irons, possibly replacing 4/5

I think these r ones I will have to see in person before I place too much judgement on looks. Currently I’m not digging the big King logo but I know I have changed my mind in the past after seeing clubs in person. They do sound awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are great looking irons. I absolutely love this style of club from all the manufactures. Maybe someday i will have enough game for them :D

Back