New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

@Jman elevate 95 are a custom option now.

Ah. Well I’m not upset then. Hahaha

If my Tour X100’s were up, I’d have been sad! :p
Yeah, no shot there. And I’ve got a set of elevate tours in the garage if the 95 doesn’t do the trick (which I pray it does)

Obligatory Hassle: Only 6/10 greens Craigers? You hit 7/10 greens with a shovel. :D;)

Great thoughts, glad you got out and played buddy.

Hard Ponder on these for me - couple of other options as well. Definitely not letting ego make my decision for me.
is that a chasing scratch podcast reference?

Crazy 210 yard 7 iron. so how do you gap down to 60 yards?

Not a Hater just completely baffled by how is could game these beauties :drinks:

My next Hollow Bodied Bladed Iron Head :drinks:

Secondly, as for the feel, I have yet to have any of the “wow” strikes that I experienced during my fitting. It could certainly be on the user end, but I’ve experienced a lot of “very good feel” on solid strikes but very little “wow feel”. Take that for what you will. Overall there’s a certain smooth, heavy thump I’ve experienced at impact. But not as much of the “man and ball are one” that I had felt on my purest shots while getting fitted. It may be simply a matter of dialing in my swing. I’ll update that later.

Thirdly, when I was hitting from my home “range” out onto the field, I could hear a little clickyness on strikes. My setup is under a pavilion style roof, and it’s a sound I had heard about regarding hollow bodied irons, so I had been looking out for it. I hadn’t noticed the click in the simulator or out on the course but the acoustics of the roof seemed to bring it out a bit. Again, not a real issue for me but I thought I’d mention it.

Interesting comment on sound as I just watched this morning TXG’s video review of the FT and when they switched golf balls, the sound changed. So, maybe some of the sound differences you are noticing are due to different balls. Did you use same balls for your fitting that you use as your gamer?

I think they had a 6i as their demo?
Oh yeah, but that dude has a crazy swing speed and skill, so he wouldn’t bag these long term. If I could hit a 6 iron with 140 ball speed, I would have issues too but that’s my 3 wood.

Not a Hater just completely baffled by how is could game these beauties :drinks:
Fwiw. The 7i for me is only 188 and it gaps fine (y);)

FWIW, the dude crushes irons. This was a forged tec 6 iron and I watched the same review and thought the same thing at first: maybe these go too far?

I then looked at some of his other reviews and saw that he just crushes irons in general. Here is a screenshot of his Callaway Apex Pro 6 iron with similar results:

0D37A805-E95B-44D5-92F2-B2C246FD4532.png
Having hit the Forged Tec at the store only a few times, I don’t have a great idea as to what distance they give me. An educated guess right now is that the FT 7 iron might be half a club longer than my current Callaway Big Bertha gamer.

Oh yeah, but that dude has a crazy swing speed and skill, so he wouldn’t bag these long term. If I could hit a 6 iron with 140 ball speed, I would have issues too but that’s my 3 wood.

That guy has one of the most amazing swings. It is quite compact and looks so smooth and then, boom 140 mph ballspeed on a 6 iron. I have watched it over and over and can’t figure out where he is generating his power.

That guy has one of the most amazing swings. It is quite compact and looks so smooth and then, boom 140 mph ballspeed on a 6 iron. I have watched it over and over and can’t figure out where he is generating his power.
Yeah, it has to be amazing, early hand speed. I wish I could do it but it’s fun to watch.

Gave them a go last fitting. OK results but not going in bag.

Who hits these 210 with a 7 iron?
The gentleman in the TXG video doing the club testing and fitting.

He hits his usual 7 iron 190. :drinks:

These irons have been endlessly in my mind over the last few months. My time with them at Hammock beach just activated a deep interest in spending long periods of time with them on the range and course this year.

I'm either going Recoil proto 110 or the even trusted Tour V. I think both shafts would make for a perfect combination, with my intentions of going full graphite well ahead of any other potential. Time to give the body a bit of a break when it comes to shafts.

Also, need to figure out how to get the blue screws in the normal length heads haha! SUCH a good look.

These irons have been endlessly in my mind over the last few months. My time with them at Hammock beach just activated a deep interest in spending long periods of time with them on the range and course this year.

I'm either going Recoil proto 110 or the even trusted Tour V. I think both shafts would make for a perfect combination, with my intentions of going full graphite well ahead of any other potential. Time to give the body a bit of a break when it comes to shafts.

Also, need to figure out how to get the blue screws in the normal length heads haha! SUCH a good look.
From reading the above you are going to graphite shafts to ease the impact on your joints /body? Have you ever played a full set of graphite irons? Would you go graphite in your wedges? One thing to know is that Cobra by default builds the irons to a D2 swing weight with metal shafts and a C9 swing weight if you go with graphite. I have a friend who ordered the T-rail irons in graphite and was having difficulty timing them and I put them on a swingweight scale and realized they were significantly off (C8) from the Cleveland launchers (D3) he was coming from. Cobra will build them to the swingweight you want but you have to custom order and specify it!!

From reading the above you are going to graphite shafts to ease the impact on your joints /body? Have you ever played a full set of graphite irons? Would you go graphite in your wedges? One thing to know is that Cobra by default builds the irons to a D2 swing weight with metal shafts and a C9 swing weight if you go with graphite. I have a friend who ordered the T-rail irons in graphite and was having difficulty timing them and I put them on a swingweight scale and realized they were significantly off (C8) from the Cleveland launchers (D3) he was coming from. Cobra will build them to the swingweight you want but you have to custom order and specify it!!

Robots don't need graphite civic ;)

Curious as to the response to this, would like to know what a high speed swinger would go with in a graphite setup.

I purchased one lengths, and I had them install Modus 120's in them and requested swing weight D2, they sent them D5. It has been a tough time getting these clubs in my hands (ordered them on Jan 3, first time they came a 1/2 shorter than I ordered, sent them back, were supposed to fix them, reshaft and re-weight, nope just reshafted (my guess)), sent them with the wrong grips (I bought the correct ones and did it myself), then they felt like shovels, swing weighted them and they were d5. Back to Cobra. Supposed to have them back Weds, I am leaving for a two week trip south to play). Was hoping to have some range time and rounds logged, I guess not... :mad:

If you figure this part out, please share:ROFLMAO:

I purchased one lengths, and I had them install Modus 120's in them and requested swing weight D2, they sent them D5. It has been a tough time getting these clubs in my hands (ordered them on Jan 3, first time they came a 1/2 shorter than I ordered, sent them back, were supposed to fix them, reshaft and re-weight, nope just reshafted (my guess)), sent them with the wrong grips (I bought the correct ones and did it myself), then they felt like shovels, swing weighted them and they were d5. Back to Cobra. Supposed to have them back Weds, I am leaving for a two week trip south to play). Was hoping to have some range time and rounds logged, I guess not... :mad:
I'm really sorry to hear that. I've had really good experiences with their customer support but that is bad. I hope they get them right and find a way to make it up to you!

Back