New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Well my order came in yesterday. When I demo'd these I wasn't in love with the launch/spin so I went with KBS Tour's to bring that up a little bit. Unfortunately, something got lost between my order to a 3rd party and Cobra and they showed up with KBS Tour 90's in them. Still trying to sort that out but wanted to get some feedback. Anyone have the tour 90 in theirs? I worry with the lightweight and height that they are known for that these shafts are going to launch these things into the stratosphere. Swinging but not hitting any balls, they feel nice and I actually feel like I can feel the head more even though my assumption is swing weight went down, unless Cobra compensated for the lighter shafts.

Going to work through what went wrong with the order, but debating whether I should just try them as is or not. Not sure if taking something like these players distance irons and launching them even higher is going to be a massive detriment or not. I know it obviously depends on my numbers with them, just trying to get some general feedback from anyone who may have experience with some similar shafts.

Well my order came in yesterday. When I demo'd these I wasn't in love with the launch/spin so I went with KBS Tour's to bring that up a little bit. Unfortunately, something got lost between my order to a 3rd party and Cobra and they showed up with KBS Tour 90's in them. Still trying to sort that out but wanted to get some feedback. Anyone have the tour 90 in theirs? I worry with the lightweight and height that they are known for that these shafts are going to launch these things into the stratosphere. Swinging but not hitting any balls, they feel nice and I actually feel like I can feel the head more even though my assumption is swing weight went down, unless Cobra compensated for the lighter shafts.

Going to work through what went wrong with the order, but debating whether I should just try them as is or not. Not sure if taking something like these players distance irons and launching them even higher is going to be a massive detriment or not. I know it obviously depends on my numbers with them, just trying to get some general feedback from anyone who may have experience with some similar shafts.
I had an issue with my order as well recently, they sent my irons too short. Rather than re-weight the heads they just reshafted longer, and the swing weight went off the charts. I sent them back and they still didn’t fix them. Refused a refund after I sent them back twice, so I regripped and counter weighted them myself. Honestly I would refuse entirely get your money back, if I were you, and re-order at a later date. They will reuse your heads in those 90’s with the heavier shafts and your swing weight will jump 4-5 PTs. I ended up liking these after I spent $100 on my owns grips (the first set also had the wrong grips, but not a fan of how they respond to their own screw ups. The are probably the worst company I have dealt with in terms of that ever.

I even posted a critical review and rating on their website and the did not post it. So all those 5 star reviews are BS

I absolutely love the modus 120, little more launch and the feel soft to flex, but are not soft to flex.
Did you go through many shafts in your fitting? Did you the modus tour 130 by chance?

Did you go through many shafts in your fitting? Did you the modus tour 130 by chance?
I went with a one length set. I already play Modus 120, x soft stepped. So I hit both the s and x in 120, we decided to go with Modus 120s Hardstepped, to get a little more launch (since it was a one length set). I am in the process of making a 9i and PW with modus 120x soft stepped, to match my wedges (wedges are all 36” in my set and the irons are 37 1/4”) .

It was totally the fault of the 3rd party, they entered the order in wrong (or they at least took the hit). I think we can put the pitchforks away. They are overnighting me the correct clubs once built and paying for return shipping of the other set. A+ in my book. Cobra has always done me right and present one of the best club values around. I'll give whoever made the mistake a pass.

That being said, now that the correct ones are coming I guess I am not too concerned with the shaft questions from above. But I was somewhat interested in playing them and may have given them a try but a moot point now.

It was totally the fault of the 3rd party, they entered the order in wrong (or they at least took the hit). I think we can put the pitchforks away. They are overnighting me the correct clubs once built and paying for return shipping of the other set. A+ in my book. Cobra has always done me right and present one of the best club values around. I'll give whoever made the mistake a pass.
I also love Cobra's customer service. I recently ordered the Forged TECs from Cobra all cut down a quarter inch with different and stretched grips (along with a custom F9 4 iron and custom F9 3 wood). Order came back perfect for me. Was reading the Arccos thread and another THPer mentioned that if I contact Cobra and let them know that I ordered a full iron set with Arccos grips, they would provide grips and sensors for the rest of my clubs for free. Sure enough, they honored that and sent brand new grips and sensors for my driver, 5 wood and three wedges even though they aren't Cobra clubs. Cobra will always have my business.

Welcome to THP by the way!

What do you boys think? Do I go Forged Tec 3 iron or rock a hybrid?

Go with the 3 iron Dan....you got the juice to set it loose!

I can't do two 4 irons. That's pure lunacy.

If the UT was available, I'd probably do the same thing I did last year. UT, 4i SZ.

Why a 3i in Forged Tec vs Hybrid?

What's what my 5w looks like at impact if I put one in the bag haha
New thought.. Get whatever iron Gary Woodland hits those stingers with and follow suit! I want to see some videos!!

New thought.. Get whatever iron Gary Woodland hits those stingers with and follow suit! I want to see some videos!!
That man cheats. Not sure how, but it's cheating how he stings a ball.

I can't do two 4 irons. That's pure lunacy.

If the UT was available, I'd probably do the same thing I did last year. UT, 4i SZ.
I am thinking I am probably going 4 hybrid now and buying a new utility iron the second it goes on sale.

I think you hitting a 3 iron would be glorious to watch and you hitting a hybrid would be a yawn with fantastic results. When I watch a great player hit a hybrid well, it doesn’t make me shake in my boots because it looks easy. But when I see someone pull out a 2 or 3 iron and destroy it, that is a “holy he**” moment.

Back