New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Just checked that too. Thanks for the info. I was also coming from Mizuno irons and didn’t realize that. The fitter fit with forged Tecs tho so should be good.
Yeah, they have an interesting spec logic. I figured Titleist was similar but just having checked, their T series looks nearly the same as the FT's.

These are such a nice, clean looking iron for this segment.

I played my new set of OL forged tec yesterday. Once I figure out the distances, I think they are going to be great for me. I hit them solidly all day, but It was one of those days that felt like I hit the same irons all day: 6i, 9i, PW. Strange course setup yesterday; on the four par 3’s, I hit 6i on all of them, so I will focus on the 6i

I pulled one that hit a rock hard bunker about pin high and then skipped forward. I hit one really thin that hit in front of green and rolled off the back. I think that my yardage for it will end up the same or few yards longer than my current 6i. Arccos from yesterday on the four par 3 tee shots (not an accurate pic of my club head)
F49A1789-27F0-4FD1-B534-FC5B44D3389F.png
A333B08B-2C3C-4395-964D-77D1AD91D310.png

If the current state of things allow, I plan to go to my favorite executive course to get my iron distances dialed in. I can still recall the feeling from a few of the really good shots from yesterday and it makes me want to get back out there ASAP.

extremely small sample size for FT, but my accuracy with my old 6i does not feel the same as with this one. Old Arccos 6i:
10190167-D053-4986-900B-AA6047484B56.png

Last edited:
I hit the FT demo iron at the range the other day and it's back on the ponder list.. Feels so good when you find the middle and the ball feels so fast off the face

I have been playing these irons since they first were introduced, and Budget Golf offered 20% off on the first 5 orders. I have at least 15 rounds under my belt, which is not bad, given that we had little golf in Northern Utah from mid-December through mid-February. I certainly can say that I am well familiar with them by now.

For quite a while, I was not sold on the pw and gw. For some reason, they did not fit my eye very well. However, I am now completely comfortable with them. Something sort of clicked in while I have been at Sand Hollow the last couple of days. I believe that going forward, I will play 6 through gw. I just shot one of my best rounds ever and these irons were a big part of it. Below are what Arccos tells me about my iron play as I have settled in with these irons. I am super excited to hear what all of the Morgan Cup participants who picked these irons have to say about them as they become accustomed to them. These irons are my favorite offering ever from Cobra.

6D43D06B-E339-444C-BFE3-62E179826A5B.jpeg

I have been playing these irons since they first were introduced, and Budget Golf offered 20% off on the first 5 orders. I have at least 15 rounds under my belt, which is not bad, given that we had little golf in Northern Utah from mid-December through mid-February. I certainly can say that I am well familiar with them by now.

For quite a while, I was not sold on the pw and gw. For some reason, they did not fit my eye very well. However, I am now completely comfortable with them. Something sort of clicked in while I have been at Sand Hollow the last couple of days. I believe that going forward, I will play 6 through gw. I just shot one of my best rounds ever and these irons were a big part of it. Below are what Arccos tells me about my iron play as I have settled in with these irons. I am super excited to hear what all of the Morgan Cup participants who picked these irons have to say about them as they become accustomed to them. These irons are my favorite offering ever from Cobra.

View attachment 8934350
Those are certainly performing well for you Craig!!

My FT irons just landed on the front porch a few minutes ago. I'll post pics this evening after I get back home. I'm taking the wife out to do some grocery shopping because I don't won't her going out by herself. :)

Here are the pics I promised if anybody is interested. One thing I wished I had thought of to mention that I wanted the logos on the shafts up instead of done. Just something cosmetic and won't affect the play of the irons. Irons are 4-PW.

20200330_162547.jpg

20200330_163525.jpg20200330_163415.jpg

Well I ordered a 4 iron to dip my toes in.

Mine showed today also. Put them thru a little simulator time. Very enjoyable clubs. CCE51635-648B-46BE-84E5-B2B1BD342E29.jpegD3715812-E3D5-4278-BD07-5372BE8B7961.jpeg

I think I would have gone SZ in the 4i...oh wait I did! :LOL:
If the SZ is anything like last years f9, I would need to replace my 5 wood with that rocket launcher.

If the SZ is anything like last years f9, I would need to replace my 5 wood with that rocket launcher.
Thats exactly what I'm hoping for ;)

I'm sure the FT 4i is awesome too though, I loved the Forged Tec Black 4i so much I almost ordered a 3i a couple years ago :oops:

Thats exactly what I'm hoping for ;)

I'm sure the FT 4i is awesome too though, I loved the Forged Tec Black 4i so much I almost ordered a 3i a couple years ago :oops:

I stopped myself from ordering a 3i as well today. It is on my mind, and I have some hybrid shafts that are just waiting to be installed into one.

When will these formally be released?
With COVID, who knows. Supposed to be April I think, but that could be pushed.

Makes my drunken eBaying feel that much more special hahaha

With COVID, who knows. Supposed to be April I think, but that could be pushed.

Makes my drunken eBaying feel that much more special hahaha
I saw a one length version yesterday and used all my restraint not to buy it.

Back