New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

And just got notice that my 4i has been built and shipping out now.

May need to acquire a Nippon GOST for it....

FINALLY got my first round with the King Forged Tec irons today.
Paired with the Recoil 110 protos.

They go HIGH. Like, proper high. My Dad wouldn't stop talking about it hahaha! Good thing is, though, it should be relatively low spin high, so it's not a bad thing. I'm not losing any distance with my flight, and as long as it's friendly in the wind, I'm good with it!

Blasted a few well over their intended number, even with a hint of wind in play. 8 iron is right in that 170 range.

What I really love about them, is that despite the profile, it's extremely audible when I hit them less than stellar - but I am still getting results! I'm really curious to see what my numbers are when I settle in with the profile and start 'nutting' it on the regular.

They are so much fun.

They go HIGH. Like, proper high. My Dad wouldn't stop talking about it hahaha! Good thing is, though, it should be relatively low spin high, so it's not a bad thing. I'm not losing any distance with my flight, and as long as it's friendly in the wind, I'm good with it!

Blasted a few well over their intended number, even with a hint of wind in play. 8 iron is right in that 170 range.

What I really love about them, is that despite the profile, it's extremely audible when I hit them less than stellar - but I am still getting results! I'm really curious to see what my numbers are when I settle in with the profile and start 'nutting' it on the regular.

They are so much fun.

Arent 170 yard 8i’s fun? Hahahaha

I tried 3 (4,7,PW) with the proto 110, and yeah, it was something to behold. Just wouldn't play in the wind here, at all. I didn't have those sweet customs to inspire me to stick with it though, and I might need to reconsider in the heavy swamp air I'm moving to. Awesome you finally got out with them!! The feedback is pretty decent for how forgiving they are.

Arent 170 yard 8i’s fun? Hahahaha
I'll be honest and say I was being conservative with my numbers, but yes. Very much so.

What I like more than anything, is my audible "ugh" followed by the ball going the right distance anyways lmao

What is this "forgiveness" people experience? Brb checking my player CBs again for it.

I tried 3 (4,7,PW) with the proto 110, and yeah, it was something to behold. Just wouldn't play in the wind here, at all. I didn't have those sweet customs to inspire me to stick with it though, and I might need to reconsider in the heavy swamp air I'm moving to. Awesome you finally got out with them!! The feedback is pretty decent for how forgiving they are.
The wind gives me a bit of fear, but the lower spin profile of the head could make it viable.

I'm already a high launch guy, so no matter what I use, it's getting up there. Very excited to see what they can do with some wind (but not looking for wind any time soon lmao!)

The wind gives me a bit of fear, but the lower spin profile of the head could make it viable.

I'm already a high launch guy, so no matter what I use, it's getting up there. Very excited to see what they can do with some wind (but not looking for wind any time soon lmao!)
Yeah, your numbers at CC with the Proto combo should be fine. And it’s time to make some wild flighted stinger videos! Leggggooooooooooo!

Yeah, your numbers at CC with the Proto combo should be fine. And it’s time to make some wild flighted stinger videos! Leggggooooooooooo!
If you can teach me how to hit stingers, I'll buy you a drum of rum.

Alex has been pumping the iron. I predict the 7.

According to Arccos, my 6 iron is averaging about 190, but that includes some rounds at elevation and some at sea level. I figure he is longer than I am, so you may be right.

According to Arccos, my 6 iron is averaging about 190, but that includes some rounds at elevation and some at sea level. I figure he is longer than I am, so you may be right.
Good lord, you've been hitting the gym my guy!

Sure.

It was a towering 7 iron

That it was! On a Par 3 where I hit 5 iron. Alex is getting some ridiculous distance out of those!

Back