New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

7i is the club, great mid/high launch carried probably 185-190 (past the pin that was lasered at 180) rolled into the fringe

These irons are a ton of fun
7i is the club, great mid/high launch carried probably 185-190 (past the pin that was lasered at 180) rolled into the fringe

These irons are a ton of fun
um, A. That is really long. Converting to a 7 wedge bag soon?

That it was! On a Par 3 where I hit 5 iron. Alex is getting some ridiculous distance out of those!

I feel like i hit them better off the deck last week - hopefully it’s dried out for Sunday and we’ll get firmer conditions - I think I can get around it with more irons than I used yesterday

That is a BIG 7 iron, @OITW.

um, A. That is really long. Converting to a 7 wedge bag soon?

See above - off the tee these are insane- pretty sure the Forged Tec 4i has rendered the F9 4i with catalyst obsolete and I adore that club

I dunno what it is but these might be the best irons I’ve gamed (better than my beloved J15s)

See above - off the tee these are insane- pretty sure the Forged Tec 4i has rendered the F9 4i with catalyst obsolete and I adore that club

I dunno what it is but these might be the best irons I’ve gamed (better than my beloved J15s)

That's my only concern with my inbound 4 iron. I'm hoping it's hot to get some additional peak height, but not too hot to blend with my CB 5 iron. I ordered it bent weak but we'll see.

This portion of the bag is so difficult since it presents a lot of scoring opportunities (into par 5s) and long recoveries.

The F9 4i is a beast so you are saying something here

For me, it’s not just that the Forged Tecs are long (which they are), they are letting me hit greens at an almost unprecedented rate. For my last 5 rounds, my GIR have been:

So, for my last 5 rounds, I have been averaging 13 GIR. If this maintains itself, it will be the best iron play I have ever enjoyed.

My only last concern is what some others, such as @Canadan, expressed about the irons, which is playing in the wind. It has mostly been winter conditions for me and I am not playing golf when the temp is in the 40’s and there is a big wind. As others have mentioned, the irons launch... high... I hope I can control them when it’s windy. Time will tell here. I do have two small experiences with windy conditions to draw from. In Miami, back in November, I played Crandon at Key Biscayne and it was windy. I hit only 6 greens, but, it was a first time on the course and going from elevation to sea level. There were several times where I hit great shots and flew the green, which I attribute to not knowing which club to pull at the lower elevation and the irons being very new to me. The first evening I was at Sand Hollow a week ago, I got in 9 holes and it was very windy. I still hit 5 greens. I am hopeful that they will be fine.

Last edited:

LOL... Those sound like my words.

For me, it’s not just that the Forged Tecs are long (which they are), they are letting me hit greens at an almost unprecedented rate. For my last 5 rounds, my GIR have been:

So, for my last 5 rounds, I have been averaging 13 GIR. If this maintains itself, it will be the best iron play I have ever enjoyed.

My only last concern is what some others, such as @Canadan, expressed about the irons, which is playing in the wind. It has mostly been winter conditions for me and I am not playing golf when the temp is in the 40’s and there is a big wind. As others have mentioned, the irons launch... high... I hope I can control them when it’s windy. Time will tell here. I do have two small eXperia cues with windy conditions. In Miami, back in November, I played Crandon at Key Biscayne and it was windy. I hit only 6 greens, but, it was a first time on the course and going from elevation to sea level. There were several times where I hit great shots and flew the green, which I attribute to not knowing which club to pull at the lower elevation and the irons being very new to me. The first evening I was at Sand Hollow a week ago, I got in 9 holes and it was very windy. I still hit 5 greens. I am hopeful that they will be fine.
And those greens translate to scores for sure. Those are a heck of a fit for you

Wow that is long for a 7iron. Happy to hear of your love for the new forged tec.

Oh look, everyone being blown away by maybe the most complete iron set on the marrrrrkeeettttt! :p

Who saw that coming?

THEYRE BEASTS!

Oh look, everyone being blown away by maybe the most complete iron set on the marrrrrkeeettttt! :p

Who saw that coming?

THEYRE BEASTS!

Well, I won’t say that I was raving about these irons before you, James. :p

@Canadan I remember that you're a KBS Tour V player, how do the Protos compare to those? Head being different might be difficult with a straight comparison but at least feel and profile wise. I deliver a fair bit of dynamic loft in my swing so the stronger lofts on these should suit me well.

Well, I won’t say that I was raving about these irons before you, James. :p
I know, I’ve only had them since November hahaha

I know, I’ve only had them since November hahaha

I didn’t realize you had had yours that long. Ok, we are co-early adopters. :LOL:

These are just sitting in my bag looking lonely and desperately wanting to get out on the course to show what they can do. Brutal buying new irons and having to wait months to get them on a course for the first time...

These are just sitting in my bag looking lonely and desperately wanting to get out on the course to show what they can do. Brutal buying new irons and having to wait months to get them on a course for the first time...
Want me to go hit mine some more for you? ;)

Hey, the thing is though, they’re totally worth the wait.

Back