New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

I’m pretty enamored. Sound is great. More forgiving than I expected. Hit both high and low to targets today, with no issues Flighting.
What shafts are in them? Asking for a friend....

Saw this in Golf Galaxy tonight. It was RH so I couldn’t hit it but it looks nice. like a thinner G700.

So this set is about to get shafted up in some True Temper DG 105 I believe and it should really pair well together.

The interesting part is Cleveland is not in that photo and in terms of modern times, was before all of them...By a landslide.

... My 2nd set of irons back in the early 80's were hollow headed Tiger Sharks.

... My 2nd set of irons back in the early 80's were hollow headed Tiger Sharks.

Definitely. And it goes back even further.

Heck when Nickent came on the scene with John Hoeflich designing clubs, they had a “filled” set of actual muscle backs called Arc Blades.

I really don’t need another set of irons but I really want to hit these. The F9 were some of the best sounding irons and if Cobra captured ANY of that in these, I will love it

So this set is about to get shafted up in some True Temper DG 105 I believe and it should really pair well together.
Sound like a good combo @OITW ?

the only set of irons that could even sniff a chance to kick my combo set out of the bag. They look great.

Is About Time under the radar? As far romantic comedies go, had some unique elements including the father/son relationship emphasis

Is About Time under the radar? As far romantic comedies go, had some unique elements including the father/son relationship emphasis

im guessing different thread?
:)

These have my full attention. I've never had a set of Cobra irons, but have been really interested in them for a few years and this design is right up my alley.

Great video...
In my prior testing the Forged TEC wasn't quite forgiving enough for me, can wait to hit these and see if the forgiveness improved.

These are the 1st cobra irons that really tickle the buying spot. Very interesting

I see these are getting some very favourable reviews / first looks with some of the other online reviewers as well.

I see these are getting some very favourable reviews / first looks with some of the other online reviewers as well.
There are other online reviewers? :p:LOL:;)

I kid! I kid! I kid!

There are other online reviewers? :p:LOL:;)

I kid! I kid! I kid!
I mean, I know it's horses for courses and all that, but seeing one of the non "golf mat only" goons playing and loving these on a proper course, iffy lies and specific distances - and still consensus building - can only solidify the intrigue for mere plebs like me, which can only be good for Cobra (y)

Methinks a blended set with T-Rail would be really really really good.

These are sexy. I am a sucker for hollow body irons and these definitely deliver. I am hoping they are available in black at a later date

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

These look amazing! I love the shiny on top with some more matte finish on the bottom. Kind of like the Srixon 565/765 combo I play.

The Cobra brand, the tech, and my previous love for the forged tec irons really has me interested in these. I love my F6+ driver, so Cobra is always on my mind. Now, if my Srixon irons weren't so darn good, it would be easier to go after these...

So, I got to hit this iron today. My local store had a 5 iron head and a 9 iron head in one length. The shaft was stock regular, so it wasn’t a good fit. All of that being said, I really liked the profile and it felt great coming off the face. The 9 iron launched really high and the 5 iron was not giving me the numbers that I would be accustomed to seeing. I can’t make a judgment until I can hit the irons with an appropriate shaft, other than to say I would be happy to have these in my bag as far as looks and feel go.

So, I got to hit this iron today. My local store had a 5 iron head and a 9 iron head in one length. The shaft was stock regular, so it wasn’t a good fit. All of that being said, I really liked the profile and it felt great coming off the face. The 9 iron launched really high and the 5 iron was not giving me the numbers that I would be accustomed to seeing. I can’t make a judgment until I can hit the irons with an appropriate shaft, other than to say I would be happy to have these in my bag as far as looks and feel go.

What did you think of the sound?

Really interested in trying these out. Hoping to see a few places start demoing them here soon so I can put a swing on them. From pure looks they are beautiful.

Back