New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Anyone not like these irons? I need to find a set of heads to put on the i95s i already have.

Finally 🥳
BE221EB0-B1C7-4802-874A-15AF43302DF6.jpeg
CEEA1874-FE31-49E8-8B42-4C947651667E.jpeg

Woooooah

Anyone not like these irons? I need to find a set of heads to put on the i95s i already have.
I'm probably pulling the shafts from mine this weekend, so the heads will be available.

I think mine need to go a little flat but the GCQuad needs to confirm that.

Starting to get these dialed in. Hit 9 of 12 GIR when I used these clubs, including all 4 par 3s. I'm finally consistently getting good strikes, and that sound and feel is fantastic.

It's like a -chuk- sound that is so crisp and and feels so clean. Hard to describe in words obviously.

These irons are the first where I don't feel like I have to swing AT the ball because I know they'll have enough legs if I swing smooth and easy.

My irons just arrived right after I left for work this evening. Debating if I use them tomorrow morning as will likely rain or hold off

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

My irons just arrived right after I left for work this evening. Debating if I use them tomorrow morning as will likely rain or hold off

They have to make an appearance tomorrow. Must!

8B029068-63BB-4F37-A3EA-CD3A290FBBED.png
This hole is uphill 🤷🏽‍♂️ 2F835709-B65C-4EB1-A0AC-78AE4B8DAC01.png
Once you hit the dogleg it goes a little downhill

These are sooo silly 😂

No need to go hard - easy peasy and the heavy lifting.

DG105 working fine - launch is a little low - I have an iron set that may work out a bit better but nothing that would significantly improve performance

First round with then today 1 flat 1/4 inch short stock $taoer lite stiff shafts.

Had zero range time before and was literally unwrapping the heads to hit the ball. First shot was terrible. The head shaft weight combo was very different from what I am used to and hit a bad shot.
Slowed tempo down a bit to try to get a feel as hit a great 182 yard 6 iron on a tough par 3. Feel was a solid crack. Different but had a smile on my face as it felt like a flushed shot. Ball flight was mid high penetrating and no curve

Rest of the round had a mix of good and bad. Distances were good. Ball flight was nice and feel was quite good especially for a hollow body club.
Had a couple of wedge shots from rough that didn't go well. Think was more me than clubs.

Will likely take a few rounds to get the tight feel as they are definitely lighter with these shafts. But the good shots were exactly how I want the ball flight to be.

Cosmetically I was surprised to see a couple small superficialdings on the sole of 7 iron as only had 2 shots with it. Hopefully not a sign of overly soft metal.

I think I will really like these. Want to hit after round on range but started to rain and didn't want to hit with sandy range balls and scar up faces on first day.

Curious if others also using $yaper lite felt they were a bit light weight.

I hit 10 GIR with the OL forged tec today and that ties my best according to arccos. I didn’t putt very well and had a bad day off tee, but it was encouraging to his some good iron shots today. They still feel and sound so good.

I’m really struggling with this set right now, although I’m sure it is plenty caused by my swing. I’m hitting some monster hooks when I strike the ball very flush and it’s starting to get in my head a bit.

I’m really struggling with this set right now, although I’m sure it is plenty caused by my swing. I’m hitting some monster hooks when I strike the ball very flush and it’s starting to get in my head a bit.
Early on I saw some ball flight like that but somehow it has changed. I probably just adjusted I guess. Still a big fan of these irons all the way up to 9. 135 is a problem yardage for me as I can't force the PW past 125. Everyone knows that I have the same issue with the GW. I think I'm going to have the PW bent strong to get me up to where I need it to be. I'm fine hitting less with a PW but having to hit a choked down 9 every time is getting annoying.

Are you playing yours flat at all? At standard I was hitting some serious hooks with them, 2 degrees flat helped that a lot.

Are you playing yours flat at all? At standard I was hitting some serious hooks with them, 2 degrees flat helped that a lot.
I got them on the quad last night and they are actually 2 degrees too flat for my swing already. I’m consistently 2 to 2.5 degrees toe down at impact.

Early on I saw some ball flight like that but somehow it has changed. I probably just adjusted I guess. Still a big fan of these irons all the way up to 9. 135 is a problem yardage for me as I can't force the PW past 125. Everyone knows that I have the same issue with the GW. I think I'm going to have the PW bent strong to get me up to where I need it to be. I'm fine hitting less with a PW but having to hit a choked down 9 every time is getting annoying.
Interesting. I changed my grip a hair last night and I started hitting the ball straight again. I’m guessing it kept getting stronger, which was causing my path more right.

my PW is an easy 130-35 and you have more fire power than I do so I’m baffled on your issue there.

Interesting. I changed my grip a hair last night and I started hitting the ball straight again. I’m guessing it kept getting stronger, which was causing my path more right.

my PW is an easy 130-35 and you have more fire power than I do so I’m baffled on your issue there.
I have no idea could be a swing issue with the wedges or something entirely different but the gap is real between 9-pw and it’s 20 yards.

I have no idea could be a swing issue with the wedges or something entirely different but the gap is real between 9-pw and it’s 20 yards.

As you know, I have had some similar issues. Have you checked the loft?

As you know, I have had some similar issues. Have you checked the loft?
No I haven’t been anywhere I can do that just yet. Definitely in the plans to have it checked before making any changes. The GW may not survive though

I have this same issue. Not exactly sure why. Weirdly a 135 yard shot will come out with the PW occasionally but you can see from Arccos my average is 20 yards difference between 9 and PW.
5007072945336050a70347268af2a877.jpg

I finally got the chance to hit the new Forged Tec 5-PW on the Recoil Proto 110 shafts and, although it’s only one rage session and I am working on a swing change, I can see a ton of potential with these. Effortless distance is what comes to mind. I was not seeing the same height as I have been with my Ben Hogan PTx Pros, but boy we’re they long. The flight reminds me a lot of what I was seeing out of my prior F9 set. The sound was great as well, not dead sounding like some other similarly shaped irons.

I am looking forward to getting them on the course. I think I will need to make some small changes to lie and loft, but wow, I was impressed for the first time out.

I finally got the chance to hit the new Forged Tec 5-PW on the Recoil Proto 110 shafts and, although it’s only one rage session and I am working on a swing change, I can see a ton of potential with these. Effortless distance is what comes to mind. I was not seeing the same height as I have been with my Ben Hogan PTx Pros, but boy we’re they long. The flight reminds me a lot of what I was seeing out of my prior F9 set. The sound was great as well, not dead sounding like some other similarly shaped irons.

I am looking forward to getting them on the course. I think I will need to make some small changes to lie and loft, but wow, I was impressed for the first time out.
Those recoils are going to be a great fit. And if they aren’t, you know where to find me. I’m excited to see where you go with this set.

Those recoils are going to be a great fit. And if they aren’t, you know where to find me. I’m excited to see where you go with this set.
Thanks man. Me too. And this bag....wow. If Tinder had a golf bag section, this would be swipe right for days...
41B5C6DF-9054-4A05-AAC0-8EC07B4FCAA4.jpeg

Back