New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Not getting along with mine. Not seeing any distance gains and dont feel as good to me as my trusty Z565's. Will probably give the other ones I was considering a try for fun. Honma T//World-X

I mean I say it's my swing, but there is a reason I have a 50* on the way...
I am about to join you. I will give the GW one more week, then order a Black MiM

Now that I’ve got a long time with them, I’m hitting the PW at 135, GW at 118.

That is so great to hear that you are getting the proper distance and gapping down through that part of the set.

I replaced the OL GW. I have only hit the MiM replacement (bent to 48) once for a full shot in a round, but the MiM has been better for me on chips and partial shots.

My problem with the OL FT GW seemed to be consistency. It is strange, because arccos shows the GW much more consistent than I recall. I felt if I was off just a little, it could go 90 or 110. Even at the range, I just couldn’t get consistent distance. The MiM at the range has been better.

But honestly, my biggest reason for the switch was chipping and partial shots. After some horrible shots, I just quit using the FT GW inside 100 yards. If I ever get a couple of One Length wedges, I will likely try putting the FT GW back in the bag.

I like having 3 wedges for around the green and inside 50 yards and having two of the three being shorter was messing with my feeble mind.

That is so great to hear that you are getting the proper distance and gapping down through that part of the set.
Idk if it’s proper distance or not but it has been working. That said, the G has its days numbered.

I honestly do not believe that it is, joking aside. It has come up too frequently in people’s assessments.
Yeah. We've talked about it a ton here. I don't know if I mentioned it to you, or in the thread, but when I couldn't fix it with loft/lie/bounce changes the only way I could make them play was to swing differently and I concluded it was likely a cg issue. I can't wait to hear what comes of that testing.

Not getting along with mine. Not seeing any distance gains and dont feel as good to me as my trusty Z565's. Will probably give the other ones I was considering a try for fun. Honma T//World-X
If I could have ever found them at my price point I would have those. They look and feel great. Love that they're shorter blade, more compact. Complete opposite end of the spectrum on looks from above compared to FT. Love 'em.

Last edited:
I’m patiently waiting for these to come in 😜

Yeah. We've talked about it a ton here. I don't know if I mentioned it to you, or in the thread, but when I couldn't fix it with loft/lie/bounce changes the only way I could make them play was to swing differently and I concluded it was likely a cg issue. I can't wait to hear what comes of that testing.

I was reading an article about how many of the player distance irons have a CG issue with the wedges. In a microcosm, it is the very reason that lofts have to be strengthened.

I was reading an article about how many of the player distance irons have a CG issue with the wedges. In a microcosm, it is the very reason that lofts have to be strengthened.
Sounds like a good argument for combo sets. (y)

I picked up a set of F9 OL in the spring right before quarantine. I have been playing with those this season once I was able to golf again and I am really enjoying them. Then this weekend at Golf Galaxy I warmed up with the FT 7 iron demo club they had prior to moving on to FW woods. Man it felt really sweet, and now I am in hard ponder mode on a set of FT OL clubs...now how do I justify 2 new iron sets in one year :unsure:

I picked up a set of F9 OL in the spring right before quarantine. I have been playing with those this season once I was able to golf again and I am really enjoying them. Then this weekend at Golf Galaxy I warmed up with the FT 7 iron demo club they had prior to moving on to FW woods. Man it felt really sweet, and now I am in hard ponder mode on a set of FT OL clubs...now how do I justify 2 new iron sets in one year :unsure:
There is not a better feeling/sounding iron on the market when center contact is made in my opinion.

There is not a better feeling/sounding iron on the market when center contact is made in my opinion.

I definitely agree, with the caveat of within its profile of hollow body player distance.

Best round ever with the irons last night, 12/18 GiR and 1 under gross on the par 3s. They went long, straight and launched like an absolute dream. My only issue is that I seem to have a gap between PW and 9i of about 20 yards. My 9i is around the 150 club, but the PW seems to top out at around 130ish, whereas the 52 MIM is my 125-130 club. Might need to get the lofts looked at to close the gap, but all in all I would not change a thing about these clubs. They just flat out perform for me.

That's some fantastic golf! I look forward to following along on the gapping. I tend to have more of a gap between GW and PW than anywhere else in the bag.

I’m patiently waiting for these to come in 😜

Absolutely. Can't wait to play these bad boys.

I finally started to get this feeling/sound over the weekend, admittedly they were garbage Top Golf balls but the sound is very particular, like a soft, sharp click when you get it clean.

I definitely agree, with the caveat of within its profile of hollow body player distance.
I kind of agree with that. I'm still confused by this players distance category they have been lumped into. I hit these the same yardages at the blades once I had the blades bent strong. These are just waaay more forgiving on mishits

I kind of agree with that. I'm still confused by this players distance category they have been lumped into. I hit these the same yardages at the blades once I had the blades bent strong. These are just waaay more forgiving on mishits
See.. You two are going to cause me to buy another set of irons and my wife may kill me..

As we know, distance is a combination of ball speed, launch and spin. If you are getting the same distance with each profile, I am going to guess that you are seeing some pretty good spin numbers, which others have reported with this iron. It wouldn’t surprise me at all, especially with Recoil shafts, as I have always seen pretty good spin with that shaft.

But what do I know? LOL

I only qualified your statement because there is no way that these feel as good as the Mizuno MMC irons that I have been experimenting with recently. Those are in a completely different category of feel as compared to any hollow body profile I have tried.

As we know, distance is a combination of ball speed, launch and spin. If you are getting the same distance with each profile, I am going to guess that you are seeing some pretty good spin numbers, which others have reported with this iron. It wouldn’t surprise me at all, especially with Recoil shafts, as I have always seen pretty good spin with that shaft.

But what do I know? LOL

I only qualified your statement because there is no way that these feel as good as the Mizuno MMC irons that I have been experimenting with recently. Those are in a completely different category of feel as compared to any hollow body profile I have tried.
Yes I would agree on the launch and spin. The Recoils are absolutely fantastic and I have ZERO issues holding any greens even with a 5 or 6. I don't really necessarily need any extra distance anyway...except from that stupid GW. I seriously considered getting a 50* MIM to replace it but Cobra is out of stock currently and I don't want to mix the set with a black one.

Just buy them and figure it out after, knowing how you liked the TE irons from ultimate weekend I think these are right in your wheelhouse especially OL
Nailed it!!
Always nitpicking Craigers ha! Just go with it.
See.. You two are going to cause me to buy another set of irons and my wife may kill me..
Wait until you see and hear them for 18 holes in person in a couple
of weeks

Made a couple swing tweaks the last few rounds

GIRs have Have been 8/7 last two.

Ball flight is higher and scores have been lower. Really getting comfortable. Adore the looks and playing partners continue to say positive things as well

See, thats the same situation I'm in :LOL:
Just buy them and figure it out after, knowing how you liked the TE irons from ultimate weekend I think these are right in your wheelhouse especially OL
You're not helping here. I am completely on board with the one length concept now that I have played about 12 rounds with the F9 OL that I picked up in March right before quarantine. Now that I hit a few balls at golf galaxy and felt how amazing a shot hit in the middle feels, well now I'm in trouble...🤤 I want to hit them a few more times, preferably off grass a bit, but they are basically bought

See, thats the same situation I'm in :LOL:

You're not helping here. I am completely on board with the one length concept now that I have played about 12 rounds with the F9 OL that I picked up in March right before quarantine. Now that I hit a few balls at golf galaxy and felt how amazing a shot hit in the middle feels, well now I'm in trouble...🤤 I want to hit them a few more times, preferably off grass a bit, but they are basically bought
You are going to hate me for saying this, but the OL forged tec are so awesome. Back me up on this brother Paul! Neither of us get a commission, but man, I can’t say enough good things about one length forged tec
@phoffer

Back