New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

See, thats the same situation I'm in :LOL:

You're not helping here. I am completely on board with the one length concept now that I have played about 12 rounds with the F9 OL that I picked up in March right before quarantine. Now that I hit a few balls at golf galaxy and felt how amazing a shot hit in the middle feels, well now I'm in trouble...🤤 I want to hit them a few more times, preferably off grass a bit, but they are basically bought

I don’t know why we’re still talking about you “purchasing” and not saying purchased

You are going to hate me for saying this, but the OL forged tec are so awesome. Back me up on this brother Paul! Neither of us get a commission, but man, I can’t say enough good things about one length forged tec
@phoffer
Yeah, I been going back and reading your comments on them and your reviews are what partly influenced me to try one length in the first place.
I don’t know why we’re still talking about you “purchasing” and not saying purchased
I gotta figure out what shaft I want to get first man. I need to decide graphite or steel, not sure which. I am seriously considering the Catalyst shafts but I am not 100% sure yet

@pjleduc I went from OL F9 to OL TECs and it’s definitely worth it

I can elaborate if you want but really just buy them already lol

These have still been fantastic. I really feel like I can swing nice and easy with these and get the same distance and swinging with more effort from my old irons. I let them loose a couple times last round on Friday and they just go so far. Par 3 over water with the pin in the middle of the green sitting at 165. Wind hurting and figured a 7 would be fine. Buddy hit first with a 7 and made it just on. I was just thinking okay Ill put a little more on this one than usual. Flew the green and almost into the water behind the green. They went 189 with a hurting wind. Just crazy.

Still love the fact that they have so much stopping power in the long irons too. 4-6 irons have no problem elevating and holding greens. Very impressed with these clubs. The sound and feel are also very pleasant. Get to play tomorrow to continue dialing in distances. Now if I could just get my SZ driver to catch up with the irons.

@pjleduc I went from OL F9 to OL TECs and it’s definitely worth it

I can elaborate if you want but really just buy them already lol
What stands out to you as the biggest improvement going to the OL TECs? Are you playing graphite or steel?

I just ordered a set two weeks ago and still waiting. I went opposite in weight. Last couple of sets have been around 100g...$Taper lite and DG 105. Ordered the tecs in DG120. I’m interested to see how these play. Don’t need spin or height. I want to control my irons more and thought I would give a heavier shaft a try. I will report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered a set two weeks ago and still waiting. I went opposite in weight. Last couple of sets have been around 100g...$Taper lite and DG 105. Ordered the tecs in DG120. I’m interested to see how these play. Don’t need spin or height. I want to control my irons more and thought I would give a heavier shaft a try. I will report back.

Many will be interested to know your thoughts. I hope they come soon.

What stands out to you as the biggest improvement going to the OL TECs? Are you playing graphite or steel?
They’re longer, higher, spinnier, and just as straight as my F9s (which I loved btw).

I play graphite, stock Atmos in F9 and Recoil 460esx in the TECs. So the higher part isn’t a surprise, but to still be slightly longer is surprising.

The forgiveness is great on these too, and the feel is pretty nice.

Well after a several rounds playing the PXG 0311Ps, I've sent them off to be returned. Back to the Forged TECs. Very similar clubs in feel and distance. I did like the top line better on the PXGs and the feel and spin were ever so slightly better with the PXGs, but the difference was not enough to make up for the price.

I did however love the TT elevates. Wonder how they would be instead of the steel fibers I have in the FTs. Does anyone have any experience with that shaft in the FTs?

I really enjoy my forged tecs. Has anyone noticed that these are more toe down? I played ap1 before and at standard lie these were a bit more toe up. I was going to maybe go 1 flat but seems not necessary as the forged tec seems to lie flater. Maybe its just a visual thing

Sent fra min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

I really enjoy my forged tecs. Has anyone noticed that these are more toe down? I played ap1 before and at standard lie these were a bit more toe up. I was going to maybe go 1 flat but seems not necessary as the forged tec seems to lie flater. Maybe its just a visual thing

Must be a visual thing for you. They're actually about 1* more upright in their standard configuration than a lot/most similar irons. A full 1.5* more than say MP-20 HMB, I think about half a degree more than p790, etc.. Doesn't really matter as long as it's working for you though, and it sounds like they are!

Nope definitely not, if anything like @OldandStiff stiff just said most people have reported them being more upright than anything

I will be the third witness to confirm what @jdtox and @OldandStiff have said. I usually fit standard lie just fine. My Forged Tecs are set one degree flat and I could probably stand to go even one more degree flat.

Taking mine in to the PGASS to get specs checked before next round.

Ordered standard length but 2 up was recommended during fitting plus I’ll make sure they take a good look at the GW based on feedback from earlier comments.

Another round and another STUPID good shot with these. This time, ball settled in rough, at a flag about 145 away, with a bit of tree trouble just short of the green. Hit my 8 which is 155-160 for me, thinking the rough would kill some and I really didn't want to be short. Great swing, towering ball flight that easily cleared the tree, dead on line, and went 155 and actually came back a yard from the mark.

I've noticed the spin retention off the toe is really great, but I am blown away at how good these irons are out of the rough. We don't have much "real" rough in Tucson, so yesterday's course was a fun experiment. I absolutely loved my F9s that I was in before, but I could never make that shot with them. 1. I wouldn't clear the tree and 2. if I landed in that same spot, the release would have taken it off the back

Another round and another STUPID good shot with these. This time, ball settled in rough, at a flag about 145 away, with a bit of tree trouble just short of the green. Hit my 8 which is 155-160 for me, thinking the rough would kill some and I really didn't want to be short. Great swing, towering ball flight that easily cleared the tree, dead on line, and went 155 and actually came back a yard from the mark.

I've noticed the spin retention off the toe is really great, but I am blown away at how good these irons are out of the rough. We don't have much "real" rough in Tucson, so yesterday's course was a fun experiment. I absolutely loved my F9s that I was in before, but I could never make that shot with them. 1. I wouldn't clear the tree and 2. if I landed in that same spot, the release would have taken it off the back
I'm so excited to get these in play.

Taking mine in to the PGASS to get specs checked before next round.

Ordered standard length but 2 up was recommended during fitting plus I’ll make sure they take a good look at the GW based on feedback from earlier comments.

So results of the spec check came in Saturday and oh boy were they off.

I think one club was actually to spec for loft, lie were close to 2up but overall these were at times 2 degrees weak for loft through the set (could explain the distances I was seeing or not seeing during my fitting).

Back in the store to get bent to spec then out Thursday to test them out.

So results of the spec check came in Saturday and oh boy were they off.

I think one club was actually to spec for loft, lie were close to 2up but overall these were at times 2 degrees weak for loft through the set (could explain the distances I was seeing or not seeing during my fitting).

Back in the store to get bent to spec then out Thursday to test them out.

Based on that thread, make sure you ask the place if they calibrate their machine.
Two sets, both weak across the board and both lie angles off the same way.

Thats something I am glad to hear about. With all of the rain we have had recently the rough has been pretty darn thick. I have been struggling with my F9 OL out of the rough, and feel like they just don't cut through very efficiently. If the FT OL are better in this regard, then I guess its just another reason for to just order already :LOL: since I spend plenty of time in the rough :LOL:

Thats something I am glad to hear about. With all of the rain we have had recently the rough has been pretty darn thick. I have been struggling with my F9 OL out of the rough, and feel like they just don't cut through very efficiently. If the FT OL are better in this regard, then I guess its just another reason for to just order already :LOL: since I spend plenty of time in the rough :LOL:
Having played both, I totally agree with you. I think the FT sole design and shape make them a bit easier to hit from tight lies and the rough.

Having played both, I totally agree with you. I think the FT sole design and shape make them a bit easier to hit from tight lies and the rough.

What are your thoughts on toe strikes?

Based on that thread, make sure you ask the place if they calibrate their machine.
Two sets, both weak across the board and both lie angles off the same way.
Good advice @JB , I'll make sure to ask that. May have to find another place to verify the verification.

Nope definitely not, if anything like @OldandStiff stiff just said most people have reported them being more upright than anything
Mine we're definitely TOO upright. Took them in and they bent them 2 deg down from where they were. Haven't looked back. Lost the big draw and they are flying nice now!

Back