New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

No, Its the new shaft. Maybe it was just a little lower on the face or something. I feel like the Forged Tecs will stay in the bag for awhile!
They sure treated me good in 2020. But who knows what 2021 will bring.:unsure::unsure::unsure:

I got to play another round with these yesterday. It was cold and my swing is a work in progress, but they felt great. The PW has a weird ting sound to it compared to the other clubs in the bag. Has anyone else noticed this? Still have good distance in cold weather conditions.
Nope haven't noticed that at all.

Still think these might be my favorite mid-irons I’ve played. Such a great combination of good looks, distance, and forgiveness. Was hitting the 8 iron I have today and just flushing it. This distance and ball flight with 115 foot peak height is about perfect for me.

View attachment 8981441

They are a ton of fun

First round without the Forged TEC in the bag, couple more rounds for xmas and i think the keep/sell decision will be made.

I still believe that this set is so far under the radar for most golfers and has the total package of a distance iron in a smaller profile. Fantastic set that I think people are going to continue to find.

I cant wait to give mine a go. Planning to get to a sim in the next few weeks

There's a lot of talk about the "feel" of the irons on here and there are some different opinions. I'm curious if people have found a ball that seems to match up well with the clubs from a feel perspective. Any thoughts? Thanks

There's a lot of talk about the "feel" of the irons on here and there are some different opinions. I'm curious if people have found a ball that seems to match up well with the clubs from a feel perspective. Any thoughts? Thanks
I didn’t change balls when I got this set and have always preferred a low spin and softer ball. I am playing in a few hours and will be using the Bridgestone RX

I haven't had any issues with any of the tour type balls I've gamed. They all feel great off these clubs.

Just got a sweet deal on a set of these!!!! Can't wait to update the WITB thread. Will also be going RAD on Jan 30th!!!! Super excited

Hadn’t swung in 3 weeks up until today and hit these pretty decent all day. It was super wet today too so very happy.

I need to hit these in OL as well :unsure:

With no access to being fit for these in the near future. Covid, 9month Old. Work etc. As a 20ish handicap upgrading from wilson d350 any shaft suggestions? I struggle with really high launch just do to a combo of swing mechanics and GI improvement irons launching really high for me.

I've never been fitted before but drivers is about 235-244 and 7 iron 140/145.
Iron plays probably my strength as most of my strokes come from around the green/off the tee.

Any help would be appreciated. Read this entire thread and dying to get my hands on these. May be a bit to much at the time but love the profile of these.

Finally got this set out on the range today :)

It was a fun first trip out with them. I was really impressed with the consistency, especially with the mid irons, 6-8. I was seeing shots in my window that had good peak height, and I was hitting my number, which is right around what i expected. Long irons were also very impressive, and long!

I started with the PW, and I struggled a bit with it. The feel wasn't as good as the other noted above. Same with the 9i. Not sure yet, but we'll see if I can get it figured out.

Overall I think these will be a great set for me this year. My one knock is on feel. Well stuck shots were great, but I felt like it I missed just a bit, it felt and sounded harsh. Granted these were range balls hit in 50 degree weather, so I'm hoping once some better balls are used this is mitigated to an extent. But, I did hit some with my KZG tri tour, and the feel in those was better, but the KFT was better in dispersion and distance.

Excited for more!!

When you hit these well, the sound and feel is so great. I like the feedback when I miss. There are some shots that feel bad because I mishit, but then turn out just fine.

Well stuck shots were great, but I felt like it I missed just a bit, it felt and sounded harsh
It will definitely get a little better with proper balls. But the amazing about these is even when you hit them poorly and they don't feel great, the tech inside them really bails you out and gets the ball going where it is supposed to. That was a huge positive for me last season. They are insanely forgiving, even if the feel doesn't match those mishits

It was a fun first trip out with them. I was really impressed with the consistency, especially with the mid irons, 6-8. I was seeing shots in my window that had good peak height, and I was hitting my number, which is right around what i expected. Long irons were also very impressive, and long!

I started with the PW, and I struggled a bit with it. The feel wasn't as good as the other noted above. Same with the 9i. Not sure yet, but we'll see if I can get it figured out.

Overall I think these will be a great set for me this year. My one knock is on feel. Well stuck shots were great, but I felt like it I missed just a bit, it felt and sounded harsh. Granted these were range balls hit in 50 degree weather, so I'm hoping once some better balls are used this is mitigated to an extent. But, I did hit some with my KZG tri tour, and the feel in those was better, but the KFT was better in dispersion and distance.

Excited for more!!
Absolutely stick with them, and you will love them. By far the best feeling irons I've ever hit, and even when you don't absolutely center it they tend to get you out of trouble. Distance retention on mishits is fantastic, they really are a fantastic club. Plus they look amazing as well!

It will definitely get a little better with proper balls. But the amazing about these is even when you hit them poorly and they don't feel great, the tech inside them really bails you out and gets the ball going where it is supposed to. That was a huge positive for me last season. They are insanely forgiving, even if the feel doesn't match those mishits
Absolutely stick with them, and you will love them. By far the best feeling irons I've ever hit, and even when you don't absolutely center it they tend to get you out of trouble. Distance retention on mishits is fantastic, they really are a fantastic club. Plus they look amazing as well!
I'm definitely going to stick with them. I guess I do have to remember these are hollow body too, so I'm sure that has something to do with the feel. But really feel/sound was my only minor complaint, and a lot of that is subjective and your opinion is based on your prior experiences. I'm going to get on a SIM in the next few weeks, and I'm excited to see what the numbers are from these. The shot shape, distance, and dispersion were all there, especially considering it was my first time out.

Trust me, I'm excited for what these can and will do this year! ;)

When you hit these well, the sound and feel is so great. I like the feedback when I miss. There are some shots that feel bad because I mishit, but then turn out just fine.
I did notice that. I got the feedback, but it still went a more than appropriate distance considering where and how I probably mis-hit it.

I did notice that. I got the feedback, but it still went a more than appropriate distance considering where and how I probably mis-hit it.
They have got me out of so much trouble, shots that had absolutely no right being as playable as they were ended up relatively close distance wise to where I wanted them.

They have got me out of so much trouble, shots that had absolutely no right being as playable as they were ended up relatively close distance wise to where I wanted them.
Totally agree with this!

Spent sometime at golf shop Friday. Visiting and hitting a few clubs. Talking to the sales guy about something that might kick my forge tecs out of bag. He said the only club that would be comparable is the p790. Pretty sure my forge tecs are here to stay at least until cobra makes a new and improved version

Back