New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Would love to hit a set with the recoil 95 shaft.

I have the recoil ESX in my FT OL. I like it. Launches nicely and feels very smooth

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I loved these clubs. I just didn't like the steel fiber i95s. I'm wondering how they would feel with the KBS $-tapers stock option... probably pretty amazing.

I gotta keep slapping myself in the face and saying stop it.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I'm definitely going to stick with them. I guess I do have to remember these are hollow body too, so I'm sure that has something to do with the feel. But really feel/sound was my only minor complaint, and a lot of that is subjective and your opinion is based on your prior experiences. I'm going to get on a SIM in the next few weeks, and I'm excited to see what the numbers are from these. The shot shape, distance, and dispersion were all there, especially considering it was my first time out.

Trust me, I'm excited for what these can and will do this year! ;)
What did you think of the Nippon 105 shafts? I really like the feel of them with the FT heads. Very smooth!

What did you think of the Nippon 105 shafts? I really like the feel of them with the FT heads. Very smooth!
I thought the shafts were a good fit both for the heads, and for my swing. I'd been playing KBS Tour V in my last 2 previous sets, and these had a very similar feel. Didn't feel like I was battling them at all, and worked with my tempo.

Played those for a lot of last year. Fantastic pairing. Doing almost all my practice this winter with the 8 iron with the 95. Amazing feel with a really high but strong ball flight.

I have the recoil ESX in my FT OL. I like it. Launches nicely and feels very smooth

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I currently have steel fiber i95s. I like them but a little more launch might not hurt.

Bummed the Forged tecs off of @gkeller813 at the range yesterday..

I was impressed. One of the better looking irons I have ever hit, and the ball speed was off the charts. Super hot off the face and I got comfortable really fast with these. When hit flush it is one amazing feeling. The feedback on misses was definitely present and not a great feeling whatsoever, but hey I guess that is telling me to hit the ball square. I would definitely consider these irons as a major upgrade to my current TM Rsi1's.

Hello all, new to the group but have been following this thread for some time now. Pulled the trigger on the TEC Copper version (4-GW) with KBS TGI 80’s in D1-D2 sw and they’re due to arrive Thursday.

Thanks for all of the great intel and the extra push to give these a try. Coming from my 3rd set of Pro Black MB’s, these provide a little extra height and yardage for this normal to low SS player. Was also very impressed with the feel as many of you have already mentioned 🤙🏼 I’ve been a stubborn blade player since day one and am looking forward to getting these in the grass!

Hello all, new to the group but have been following this thread for some time now. Pulled the trigger on the TEC Copper version (4-GW) with KBS TGI 80’s in D1-D2 sw and they’re due to arrive Thursday.

Thanks for all of the great intel and the extra push to give these a try. Coming from my 3rd set of Pro Black MB’s, these provide a little extra height and yardage for this normal to low SS player. Was also very impressed with the feel as many of you have already mentioned 🤙🏼 I’ve been a stubborn blade player since day one and am looking forward to getting these in the grass!
Welcome to THP! Great choice, especially going with the Copper! You’re going to love them

So compared to the other hollow body irons out there (Taylormade, Mizuno, etc.) how are people finding these Cobras if you've had a chance to hit them all side by side? I am really starting to plan my visit to golf town and hollow bodies are on the top of my list.

So compared to the other hollow body irons out there (Taylormade, Mizuno, etc.) how are people finding these Cobras if you've had a chance to hit them all side by side? I am really starting to plan my visit to golf town and hollow bodies are on the top of my list.
I know this is fairly vague and I only say this because I too went through all of the pages on this thread, but if you sift through the pages there are many comments and opinions on that matter. Seems like the overwhelming vote was the TEC performance being second to none with the feel being subjective back and forth between the TEC and TM 790. Others can correct me if this is bad info.

I know this is fairly vague and I only say this because I too went through all of the pages on this thread, but if you sift through the pages there are many comments and opinions on that matter. Seems like the overwhelming vote was the TEC performance being second to none with the feel being subjective back and forth between the TEC and TM 790. Others can correct me if this is bad info.
That’s pretty much correct! Though I’m pretty sure that the feel of the FTs has been highly favored compared to the 790s throughout the thread. Not so much a back and forth

So fun hitting these today. First round of the year is always a struggle but these performed so well even in the wind. Don’t sleep on Forged Tec!

So fun hitting these today. First round of the year is always a struggle but these performed so well even in the wind. Don’t sleep on Forged Tec!
They are so so good in my opinion. Played them all last season, and there is a good chance they will still be in the bag for this year - albeit with a slightly different colour!

Got these out on the course yesterday, and boy was it a fun round. First round of the year, in windy conditions, but i hit some shots that had suburb feel and sound, a lot better than I had when hit off the mat a few weeks ago. Compared to my old gamers, these add 10 yards of distance, which is exactly what I expected. In particular, I hit some shots with the 7 and 8i's that had the exact shape I was looking for. Plenty of distance, and plenty of power to get through the wind. Had a couple of shots that I opened up on, but really didn't lose much distance, and the dispersion still gave me good looks at the flag.

Overall, I'm very excited to continue to get these in play. Weather doesn't look promising the next few week, but here's to hoping!

Got these out on the course yesterday, and boy was it a fun round. First round of the year, in windy conditions, but i hit some shots that had suburb feel and sound, a lot better than I had when hit off the mat a few weeks ago. Compared to my old gamers, these add 10 yards of distance, which is exactly what I expected. In particular, I hit some shots with the 7 and 8i's that had the exact shape I was looking for. Plenty of distance, and plenty of power to get through the wind. Had a couple of shots that I opened up on, but really didn't lose much distance, and the dispersion still gave me good looks at the flag.

Overall, I'm very excited to continue to get these in play. Weather doesn't look promising the next few week, but here's to hoping!

At least you got out and had a chance to play. I wouldn’t be too discouraged by the weather.

Last edited:
At least you got out and had a chance to play. I wouldn’t be to discouraged by the weather.
Trust me, I told my playing partner @Nate<80 I wish we had less wind, but in the end we are out golfing in 60 degree weather, in March, in Ohio. I will absolutely take it. Just wish I could have judged the flight and dispersion of the Forged Tec a bit better while not battling the wind. Still very thankful to just have the opportunity though.

Trust me, I told my playing partner @Nate<80 I wish we had less wind, but in the end we are out golfing in 60 degree weather, in March, in Ohio. I will absolutely take it. Just wish I could have judged the flight and dispersion of the Forged Tec a bit better while not battling the wind. Still very thankful to just have the opportunity though.
Which shaft did you go with

Any round played in March is special.

Back