New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Really liked the idea of mine with graphite but realized the TGI 80g were just too light overall for even my transition. The clubs had a sort of “dead” feeling to them and I just wasn’t getting the crisp contact nor sound I desired and felt was deserved. Moved them and replaced with the same copper heads, but with 110G C-Taper Lites in black. My goodness have these clubs ever come alive!! From swing one on the range these were a completely different animal. My experiment (my fault completely) was an expensive but fun one, like anything else I can honestly say when paired with the proper shafts, hold on tight!

Just traded mine in for some Srixons.
Just was not getting enough skin or height and dispersion want the best for me either.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

Just traded mine in for some Srixons.
Just was not getting enough skin or height and dispersion want the best for me either.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk
Probably victim to the wrong shaft for your particular move, seems these especially need to be fit, and in the grass “real life” fit. Good luck with the Srizzy’s

These will take a little getting used to. The weight felt different from my Mizunos. Once I got the feel for them they were rockets off the face. I chipped with the GW a little and it was very responsive. First round with them tomorrow.

played with my buddy last week who has a cobra hookup. he had these irons with px lz 5.5 and some golf pride cord grips built up with a couple wraps. he commented on how small my honmas looked, and how firm they felt to him. so i hit his irons and was seriously impressed. no, i don’t like the top line. no, i don’t like the offset. but they launched great, were about a club longer, felt really good, and super consistent. started making me rethink my setup and consider putting something a little more friendly back in the bag.

played with my buddy last week who has a cobra hookup. he had these irons with px lz 5.5 and some golf pride cord grips built up with a couple wraps. he commented on how small my honmas looked, and how firm they felt to him. so i hit his irons and was seriously impressed. no, i don’t like the top line. no, i don’t like the offset. but they launched great, were about a club longer, felt really good, and super consistent. started making me rethink my setup and consider putting something a little more friendly back in the bag.
They really do the hollow body better than anything else I've tried.

First round with these today. On the range they felt great. On the course I have to get the distances dialed in. They feel so nice and the 4 and 5 iron gap is much better than my Mizunos. Took the 4 and 5 off the tee just to try it out and they were great. Made a good choice

Quick nine with these tonight. Really enjoyed them. The combination of forgiveness and feedback is high. I hit a few off the toe, the club let me know, but then said, “don’t worry, I got you” as I caught the front corner of the green

The weight felt different from my Mizunos.
I agree with this, although it wasn’t in a bad way for me. Maybe it was the adrenaline from the new clubs or I was tired from 18 earlier, but they felt like less work.
I also had two maybe 100 yard punch outs and the seven iron was able to be worked to keep it under the tree. Really enjoyed seeing that they don’t appear just to be one trick rockets.

The heavier setup has been great, it’s amazing how “smooth” you can be with these irons. You do not have to give them anything extra under any circumstances, just let the club fall into the ball, and watch them fly! Still getting used to the overall size and top line of these clubs, as I too enjoy a much thinner profile. The performance is just undeniable. Quick pic of the wear after a few weeks of HEAVY use.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 32
that ball striking pattern :love:

Quick range session tonight. Really enjoying the initial phases with these irons. They are so easy to launch.

Quick range session tonight. Really enjoying the initial phases with these irons. They are so easy to launch.
I have only hit them once during a demo and I thought the same thing. I typically don't carry a 5 iron, but the 5 iron in this set was so easy to hit and went so much higher than any 5 iron I've previously gamed. I came away even more in love than I was going in.

Had a fun round out with these on Tuesday. I continue to love the 4-6i. Just rocket launchers and the ball flight is exactly what I want to see. I need to get more consistent with the long irons distance wise, but overall they are performing up to, and in some cases, exceeding my expectations.

My issue currently is with the scoring irons. Just not hitting them well right now for whatever reason, and pulling them left. Not the clubs fault, but just odd to me. Need to get these figured out. Went 54% FIR, but only 22% GIR. Most of my issues occur between 100-150 yards. Just need to get comfortable with these, and then I think they will be a great all around set for my game.

Had a fun round out with these on Tuesday. I continue to love the 4-6i. Just rocket launchers and the ball flight is exactly what I want to see. I need to get more consistent with the long irons distance wise, but overall they are performing up to, and in some cases, exceeding my expectations.

My issue currently is with the scoring irons. Just not hitting them well right now for whatever reason, and pulling them left. Not the clubs fault, but just odd to me. Need to get these figured out. Went 54% FIR, but only 22% GIR. Most of my issues occur between 100-150 yards. Just need to get comfortable with these, and then I think they will be a great all around set for my game.
How long and how many rounds you have with your KFT

I have only hit them once during a demo and I thought the same thing. I typically don't carry a 5 iron, but the 5 iron in this set was so easy to hit and went so much higher than any 5 iron I've previously gamed. I came away even more in love than I was going in.
Yep, the flight with the 5 was markedly higher than the JPX921 Forged for me. I also had a few that crept toe side and still stayed more or less online, at least more so than I feel like I deserved.

How long and how many rounds you have with your KFT
I have 4 rounds in thus far with my KFT, starting this year in March.

Not sure how many of the guys (or gals) are still paying attention to this conversation, but I’m curious as to how some of the faster swingers get along with them?

Myself being a plotter, I haven’t seen huge variances on distance regularly. I have seen a few where maybe I was confident and went a little too hard at it, getting a significant jump in carry numbers. All in all, the distance gaps have been relatively easy to dial in, albeit longer than I’m used to.

This is my first experience with a hollow body or distance iron. Probably just have to chalk it up to that. It’s probably a good thing for me though, a constant reminder to stay within rhythm.

I'm not sure what you consider fast but my 7 iron swing is mid 80 mph. Granted I have only played nine holes and a range session but so far I have been pleased with the consistency. I haven't seen any big carry numbers yet that seemed to come from nowhere. I will try to keep the group posted though as I work them out this summer.

My 7 iron swing speed is mid 90's and I absolutely love these irons. So easy to hit and very forgiving. They feel great with a beautiful ball flight for me.

Another range session today before a lesson and 18 tomorrow. OMG. I am now hitting these on the button. These are so fun to hit.

Did a gapping session at Top Tracer tonight. Actually found more consistency in the mid irons in terms of carry variation which was interesting. I’ll echo others here in that the mid-irons are so user friendly. The ball flight I’m seeing with the five and six are great. My buddy even commented how he hasn’t seen that kind of ball flight from me before.
Still need a bit of work to get the short irons dialed but it’s getting there. During the closest to the pin game was able to successfully take a little off both the 7 and 8 to hit my numbers. Have a four round trip planned next weekend to really put them through their paces.

Last edited:
Back