I prefer Coke Zero to real coke

this might not turn out good for me

Hopefully it will taste better, not a fan of the current taste and I know I am probably in the minority. Now real Coke love it but rarely drink soda anymore.

Coke Zero is the only carbonated soda I drink regularly, and they are going to screw with it? If it doesn't taste good, bye Felicia - I'm out.

I'm confused about some of the commentary here! I also don't drink soda very often, but when I do it's original Coke! That is my soda of choice. I think that people have sucrophobia, a fear of sugar. Refined sugar contains about 16 calories per teaspoon. That's next to nothing! Reminds me of the people at the fast food outlets ordering the double cheesburgers, large fries, and the DIET Coke! Who are you trying to kid?

I used to drink diet soda like it was water. Now, I can't remember the last time I had a soda, sugared or not.

This reminds me of what we engineers say - "If it ain't broke, fix it until it is."

I'm confused about some of the commentary here! I also don't drink soda very often, but when I do it's original Coke! That is my soda of choice. I think that people have sucrophobia, a fear of sugar. Refined sugar contains about 16 calories per teaspoon. That's next to nothing! Reminds me of the people at the fast food outlets ordering the double cheesburgers, large fries, and the DIET Coke! Who are you trying to kid?
Look at that same scenario from the Carbohydrate side of the equation.

Cherry Coke Zero is one of my favorites and here they go trying to mess up a good thing. If it turns out great kudos but I’m having a hard time thinking of when a change in taste was night and day better.

It may seem strange. But I really like these.

To me this sounds like a good thing. Closer to the original taste with no sugar. Sounds like a win. I know many prefer the “diet” taste though..

View attachment 9016761

I tried the Dr Pepper cream soda... it wasn't bad but it wasn't anything worth raving about in my opinion. Does this taste better?

And I don't think diet dr pepper tastes like dr pepper no matter what they say.

Why would a company change something lots of people already like? What sense does that even make?

It makes cents. Dollars and cents. If they can get new people to buy the product they make money... regardless of the fact they'll lose money when current customers walk away. But I guess Coke figures "they'll come back... they always do because we're not Pepsi.":ROFLMAO:

I tried the Dr Pepper cream soda... it wasn't bad but it wasn't anything worth raving about in my opinion. Does this taste better?

And I don't think diet dr pepper tastes like dr pepper no matter what they say.

It makes cents. Dollars and cents. If they can get new people to buy the product they make money... regardless of the fact they'll lose money when current customers walk away. But I guess Coke figures "they'll come back... they always do because we're not Pepsi.":ROFLMAO:

Better is hard to say. I like it, but I am a cream soda fan. So, it could just be a good fit for me. My wife thinks its gross.

Reminds me of when they changed the formula for original Coke back in the mid 80s. That didn't work out well.
I was not alive at that time so I dont remember personally, but, in the show "The Food That Built America", in the Cola Wars episode, they talk about this & how big of a blowup it was for them. Pretty interesting!

Hot take coming in very, very hot and polarizing...
Coke Zero is refreshing, delicious and everything that is good about brown fizzy water while Diet Coke is awful and tastes like chemicals.
We are officially fighting.
I was supportive of your plight, however, you've gone too far.

To me this sounds like a good thing. Closer to the original taste with no sugar. Sounds like a win. I know many prefer the “diet” taste though..

View attachment 9016761
How have I never had this?

Sounds amazing.

I was not alive at that time so I dont remember personally, but, in the show "The Food That Built America", in the Cola Wars episode, they talk about this & how big of a blowup it was for them. Pretty interesting!

Coke was my go to at that time. When they changed the formula, it was referred to then by most as "New Coke". It was awful. They eventually went back to the original formula and branded it as Coca Cola Classic.

View attachment 9016761
I have a 12 pack of this in my fridge right now.

Hot take coming in very, very hot and polarizing...
Coke Zero is refreshing, delicious and everything that is good about brown fizzy water while Diet Coke is awful and tastes like chemicals.

I agree, I like the current Coke Zero and refuse to even take a sip of that gawd awful stuff called Diet Coke.
I wonder how the new Coke will go with my Jack Daniels ?

Ah, but real Coke doesn't use refined sugar. It uses HFCS.

Ah, but real Coke doesn't use refined sugar. It uses HFCS.
"Real" Coke used cane sugar instead of HFCS until the early '80s. You can now buy "Mexican Coke", which still uses cane sugar.

"Real" Coke used cane sugar instead of HFCS until the early '80s. You can now buy "Mexican Coke", which still uses cane sugar.

Right. That was 40 years ago and we live in the US.

Better is hard to say. I like it, but I am a cream soda fan. So, it could just be a good fit for me. My wife thinks its gross.
Ok, spousal disgust is a sign of good taste. That sounds bad... if the wife doesn't like it, it's good. That sounds a bit better but just as bad. How about... when Siskel and Ebert hated a movie, it tended to be pretty good. Police Academy was absolutely-positively HATED by both of them. I thought it was the funniest movie I'd ever seen at the time. Of course I was 13 at the time.

Oh man. You missed it. When there's talk of "Cola Wars" it was bad. Coke tried to change their formula to be more like Pepsi... a lot of Coke's fans hated it. There were protests. People wrote LETTERS TO THE EDITOR in their local paper! Seriously. People were upset. Some stores refused to carry new coke.

Remember, we didn't have the Internet at the times, texting, or twitter to vent our spleens to so we talked to radio shows, and anyone that would listen. It was a hot topic.

There was definitely a distinction that was made when you ordered a coke... new or classic. Coke dropped the classic after they thought it was long enough and people forgot. We didn't forget.:LOL:

coke didnt learn in the 90s huh

Back