New Colors: Srixon Q-STAR TOUR DIVIDE

I want to try the yellow/orange divide to see which one is easier to track?!:unsure:

I was at Golf USA today to have a wedge regripped and the Srixon rep was there. Talked about the ZX7 line and the Q-Star Tour Divide ball. Gave me a sleeve of yellow/red from the van to try so I will put some thoughts in after I get a chance to get out and play.

I played a few holes with the yellow/blue today. With the blue side tonly showing towards trhe viewer (even on the fairway) easy to miss.

They feel fine, but a bit softer than the regular QStar Tour . And has others have commented matte balls pick up stuff easier. I'll use them in my scramble tomorrow, maybe in some fun games but not sure if I'll do that in regular league games just for the difficulty for me finding them off the fairway.

That would be interesting. Aren't these matte though? I'm not sure I've seen a matte white ball have we?
TaylorMade had one for sure. I can’t remember if they were Project (a) or Project (s). It must be possible, somehow.
Project(s). It looks a little like those cheapie plastic practice balls.

KIMG4619.JPG

Picked up some of the blue which look great but man I have a hard time finding them after being hit. Not as easy to see in the air for me. I’ll have to stick with the red for now. I have not seen the orange yet.

Those are the exact ones I was thinking of!! It must have been a Christmas box special or something eh?
Yes, some kind of "Holiday Edition".

I still have most of the 2 doz I got at at half price at a Fathers Day sale . Like the slightly softer feel (my impression) but they are going in my shag bag, They are just to hard to see, sometimes on the fairway, certainly hard to see/easy to lose in the rough.

I love love love the yellow/red ones. I play well (maybe it’s in my head) with these. I like to see the spin, easy to find (for my playing partners) I can’t see anything, even in the middle of the fairway.
will play these for awhile

I am still trying these out, easy to see in the air and fairway. Depending on which side is up can be a bit harder to find in the rough.
As far as performance, the ball does well. Plenty long off the tee, good on approach shots. Feels just a bit firm to me off the putter, but adjusting to that.
Haven't decided if I could commit to this ball again or not.

Just ordered the new Orange/Yellow color Divide. The DSG and GG websites both said my "local" shops didn't have any in stock so I had to order online.

Of the 3 available colorways I think this Orange/Yellow will be easiest to see. The Ikea ball can be a challenge at times to locate. The McDonalds ball isn't as bad as the red stands out more than the blue.

I played the yellow/red last night in league. I liked it putting a lot. Not sure if I like the matte finish though.

I lost about 10 of the Red/Yellow ones today!:mad::confused::confused:
It is amazing how hard they are too see when the red is face up in the thick rough.

I still think a Pink/Yellow combo would be good.

Picked up a dozen of the yellow/orange this week. Didn’t get but one in play, but off the tee I am not sure if was an optical illusion issue but just didn’t like looking down at it.

Will give them more of a chance but early indications are that I am not a big fan of them.

It is amazing how hard they are too see when the red is face up in the thick rough.

Finding the ball with the red side up or facing me has been my biggest issue with the ball. Although I have had trouble locating the ball in any rough when the red side is up or it is facing me. I really don't like the matte red on any ball.

Picked up a dozen of the yellow/orange this week. Didn’t get but one in play, but off the tee I am not sure if was an optical illusion issue but just didn’t like looking down at it.

Will give them more of a chance but early indications are that I am not a big fan of them.

It took some time to get used to.

...off the tee I am not sure if was an optical illusion issue but just didn’t like looking down at it.
I tried using the two colors to line up/aim tee shots but that didn't really work for me. On the tee I have it yellow side up, turned slightly so I only see yellow at address, and that works works well.

I tried using the two colors to line up/aim tee shots but that didn't really work for me. On the tee I have it yellow side up, turned slightly so I only see yellow at address, and that works works well.
Will give that a try, thanks for the suggestion. (y)

I used the Blue and Yellow yesterday at Lost Dunes and the caddie loved them. Budget Golf was telling me out there they sell out of them so fast every time they come in

I feel like the Blue and Yelloow are harder to follow and hard to see if the Blue side is up. Much prefer the Red Yellow combo. Eagerly awaiting the Z Star Divides!

I used the Blue and Yellow yesterday at Lost Dunes and the caddie loved them. Budget Golf was telling me out there they sell out of them so fast every time they come in

When the spin kicks in on those, it’s wild. @Davidhibler showed me that in June and I was so confused

I tried them. Didn’t like them off the tee. They don’t spin enough on the greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played with split coloured balls some many years ago , leaving performance aside . And from optics assessment, and that’s what we are really selecting these for … the ball is essentially a white ball variant.

l don’t like the hemispherical split colour ball, happily play with coloured balls , have used Volvik ( matte colour and prefer that finish in coloured ball ) and Callaway derivatives
and enjoyed those.

So can say they won’t find themselves nestled in my bag

Also thinking that other manufactures etc will produce offerings , that if also have, alignment aids ie: triple track and other such , the ball may become a very busy surface lol

:)

I got a box of these a little while back. My last three rounds have been with the blue/yellow. As of right now I want to play them forever. Easy to find, fun to watch, and on the greens they are amazing. Will need to buy more soon. But they are never in stock.

Back