New course or revisiting an old friend?

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
So, you're planning a short trip. Let's say, 2 nights and one full day to play. So are you inclined to go somewhere you've been before or do you enjoy adding new courses to your "collection"?

I've always been someone more inclined to play something new. But it's been a long time since I've had such a trip.

I'd have to choose a sentimental favorite. Used to own a condo at Legends in Myrtle Beach but we sold in 2013 and haven't been there since.

I'd wanna go back.

New course for me. I like to see all the layouts on new courses.

I used to have a mental block when it came to playing new courses. For many years I had myself convinced that I always played horribly the first time on a course. I was a “play what I know kind of player.” I worked really hard to change my mindset when playing a course for the first time and I eventually got over that mental block I had. Now I love to play a new course and have even had some very good rounds on courses I’m seeing for the first time.

Fan of visiting new courses! It’s one thing about the game of golf that is unique.

They keep building them for a reason - I'll take a course I haven't played before any chance I get.

I actually plan an annual golf trip. We go back to the same place every other year and try new places in between. I really like that.

Definitely a new one for me, unless the old friend is a really great course that I've wanted to go back to.

This is a great question! I feel the same way I do about golf courses as I do with vacationing. No matter how good the course or vacation, I am not a huge fan of going back to the same place. Call me crazy, but I like hitting as many spots as possible and really culturing myself. (I don’t know if traveling within the US is actually culturing 😂) My vote is a new course every time.

I would chose somewhere new almost every time

I'm good either way as long as I get to play the best game in the world!

I'm a fan of new courses but only one day to play is not enough even if it's 36 or 45 holes!

I love playing new courses when traveling. I've found some really fun layouts this way.

I'm honestly good with either since it will still be a change in what I play regularly. But for a real answer I guess I would choose something new :)

I'd choose something new. There's comfort in familiarity, but new scenery is always fun.

It’s a short trip, go somewhere you know so your not disappointed with the short amount of time you‘ve got.

I'm a fan of new courses but only one day to play is not enough even if it's 36 or 45 holes!

I agree. Just wanted to avoid the people who'd say both.

The old friend is a nice comfort. But a new course is kinda exciting, new scenery and layout can be fun. Kinda like being on a first date to see if you’ll return lol.

I would go with a new course, I always enjoy playing something new and I would just take it all in if I only had 1 day to do it.

I'd say flip 3 coins... heads, new course. Tails would be the old course. Go with the answer.:D

If it's a short trip like that it's likely going to be an old friend. If it's a longer trip, then I usually branch out to the new and unknown.

By flip 3 coins I mean 3 separate coins... not the same coin 3 times...

I love trying new courses, so I would go that route.

I would take a new course. It's always great to see how they are designed.

Back