New driver and irons

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
Got a great price on the new Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo driver with a 9* head with a Miyazaki C Kua 5A senior flex shaft. Great first round results. Straight boring flight and longer than the Ping G410 LST previous driver. Only negative to me is the louder "ping" sound, not muted like the Ping is. The results with the new Cleveland overrules the sound though. The Cleveland driver sure has a Ping G410 look to it with the matt black finish and Cleveland's idea of turbolators, but I love the matt black finish. It's a keeper.

3 1 21 Cleveland Driver c.jpg

3 1 21 Cleveland Driver b.jpg

3 1 21 Cleveland Driver a.jpg

The new irons are a set, 5 thru PW, of XXIO Forged6 irons. Found out the correct way to say the name is exeo. Man I love the feel of these forged game improvement irons, such a great soft feel and sound. This is the 8 iron.

2 27 21 XXIO 8 iron a.jpg

2 27 21 XXIO 8 iron b.jpg

Srixon style V sole

2 27 21 XXIO 8 iron c.jpg

XXIO graphite 6000 shaft, 60 gram, 3.9* torque, dual speed regular shaft that feel great.

2 27 21 XXIO 8 iron d.jpg

They are used, but sure looks to have not been hit much. Faces and soles are pristine. 7 iron has a little nick but the soles look not used at all.

2 27 21 XXIO 8 iron e.jpg

2 27 21 XXIO 8 iron f.jpg

Nice sticks! Congrats!
Wait.
Exeo?
Not
Sexeo?
:confused:

Muzzy, yes.....sexeo. Not having hit forged irons in a long time they feel great.

Nice new clubs sir!! Love the crown of the Cleveland driver!

The HB Turbo Launcher is a solid driver! I bought one last year and it has bailed me out more than once. It certainly does announce its presence on the tee with its high pitched ping but I love it.

Those irons are 🔥...

Beautiful clubs, my friend. Love the finish on the big stick. Those irons are sweet!

Looking goooood!

Once you go forged you can go back but it is really difficult. Nice set up, enjoy them.

Nice clubs! And I learned it was Zexio both here and from @golfunfiltered <-- He's the Cleveland, Srixon, XXIO guy. (helping to propagate that for you Adam.. the Cleveland guy.)

Looks good, enjoy. light weight. I had the what I believe was the first Cleveland Launcher as played by Harold Henning back in 1994.

Once you go forged you can go back but it is really difficult. Nice set up, enjoy them.

true...the feel is juuuuuust right. when i hit the sub70s, 790s, it just feels off. not bad...but off.

I used to game Cleveland Launcher XL fairway woods. They were always very consistent for me and I kick myself for having gotten rid of them. My Mizuno ST190's are the closest I've been able to find that give me similar consistency. I think you;ll love that Cleveland driver.

3 rounds with the driver & irons. You all are right about forged irons, especially perimeter weight forged, is soooooooo good feeling. The new Cleveland 9* driver is straighter & slightly longer than the Ping G410 LST 9*.

The HB Turbo Launcher is a solid driver! I bought one last year and it has bailed me out more than once. It certainly does announce its presence on the tee with its high pitched ping but I love it.
Rather have the crack or ping sound any day.

Rather have the crack or ping sound any day.
This new Cleveland Launcher HB Turbo has a "ping" impact sound now where the previous Launcher HB Turbo was more muted. The results with the new driver far out weighs the noise. 😉

Back