New Driver Criteria!!

annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
I've decided I am not going to bomb it with Phil at 63. So my criteria for a driver is changing to what I like to look at as much as how it goes. Within reason I am hopeful that the right shaft will help me get out there anyway.
So what I am looking for it the shinest black driver head out there. I can handle some graphics but not much. I just want it to shine. Keeping me in the short grass would be nice too. Any ideas.

My titleist TS2 has a shiny black head. It’s the only titleist driver I’ve had but I think most, if not all have that classic black look

I'll echo the Titleist option. First manufacture that popped into my head along with Mizuno.

Epic Flash has a nice shine to it, but i guess not completely black

EXS220 ?
If you don't mind a little carbon fiber weave in the trunk.

F738C03F-4E38-4B48-BCAE-2D95FE1A7559.jpeg

I'm good with carbon. Between the Triton and The C300 I forgot that its nice to like what you're looking down at.

mavrik standard

Ben Hogan GS53 and TE EXS both have some shine to them!

Great thing is you don;t have to give up any distance to enjoy a shiny black driver! Some great suggestions in here so far - Titleist, Ben Hogan GS53, Callaway all are great options.

I'll add Srixon Z585 to the list - its a very fast and forgiving club and the presentation is metallic black to carbon fade, with subtle step on the crown. Maybe a bit more unique shape overall than some others, but it works.

B33E2D10-DADF-42BA-AC45-2C457D4DE7FE.jpeg48AADD3B-A129-456D-B554-17623A77F02F.jpeg

Back